Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 07:28 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,662,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
Iran has had 1 war in over 200 years.
How many wars has the USA had in the last 100 or so?
Who is the real threat to world peace?
Who dropped the atomic bomb on 1000's of civilians in Japan?

Follow the actions of others, not the media propaganda in the USA that is 90%
controlled by Zionist Bankers and businesses.
Go back to your Hamas training camp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 10:19 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:

Why have a war, when one can instigate one.

Tehran does not deserve any deal | Arab News

Old 03-27-2015, 12:53 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I am an American first. My countries long term health is my concern. When I see America bleed I grieve. I object to your foreign loyalties by putting America second.
My foreign loyalties? I'm descended from New Englanders (before the U.S. was even a country) on both sides of my family. No Jewish heritage there that I know of.
Quote:
Israeli take care of yourself. This is not the America of the nineteen fifties. We are running out of money.
We give Israel about $3 billion a year. In return, we are allowed to store our own weapons there and use Israel as a military jumping off point to the rest of the Middle East should we need that. We also give money to the Palestinians.

My question here has been: Why don't more American Jews support Israel?

Since neither one of us Jewish, I don't know why we are arguing with each other.

You say I want to put Israel first over America.

That is absurd.

There is absolutely no basis in my posts for your saying that.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:55 AM

Quote:

Anyone who -- aware of the facts -- claims that the U.S. was not fully justified in dropping the atomic bomb on Japan is a traitor to this country as far as I am concerned.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:37 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
My question here has been: Why don't more American Jews support Israel?
The overwhelming majority of American Jews support Israel. I am among them. I am not a supporter or Netenyahu.... Like many, many Israelis. I think he's a liability much more likely to put Israel in war with great human costs.

It's not different than disliking Obama-- or Bush-- but still supporting America.

Got it?

Old 03-29-2015, 11:21 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
They donate more $ to Israel causes than do Jewish Americans because of end times beliefs.

For decades, the U.S. has given financial military aide to Israel's enemies so that they might protect themselves from Israel. At the same time, the U.S. has given Israel financial military aid so that they may protect themselves from their enemies.

None of this has beens to do with religion and all to do with the petrodollar.
While Isreal is a convenient boogeyman for the Arab street, the fear of Iran is much more long term and deep seated. Both the Arabs and Persians are mindful that there is only one war where Arabs have decisively defeated the Persians. The Isrealis will likely not help them, but if the GCC doesn't have secret feelers out for Isreali help on a nuclear program they will within a year. They see the US as an undependable ally now that they are feeling increasingly surrounded by Iranian satellites, and the attacks in Yemen show that they will at least try to put up a fight against Persian encirclement.

Old 03-29-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
The overwhelming majority of American Jews support Israel. I am among them. I am not a supporter or Netenyahu.... Like many, many Israelis. I think he's a liability much more likely to put Israel in war with great human costs.

It's not different than disliking Obama-- or Bush-- but still supporting America.

Got it?
What I've gotten is that you have failed to answer my questions about the specific Netanyahu policies you object to.

See post # 151.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:49 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Default Rewriting History

Quote:

Let's remember that the Catholic church forbade Catholic Europe from charging interest rates. This may have started this rumor that the Jews dominate the banking industry to this day. The real financial power in America lies with the old Scotch Irish and English families that got here first.

As far as the use of the atom bomb is concerned, it ended the war. The invasion of Japan without the A bomb would have commenced in November of 1945. We would have taken Kyushu and used it as an immense air base to bomb the rest of Japan into submission. Based on the 35,000 casualties taken in Okinawa, estimates place the number of casualties at 600,000. Estimates of Japanese casualties are placed in the millions.

Old 04-13-2015, 07:34 AM

714 posts, read 356,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Are the Republicans getting carried away with the Israeli ass kissing in attempt to split the Jewish vote from the Democrats?

The Jewish vote significantly favors the Democrats. Personally, as a Jew, I find Netanyahu to be offensive, and a war monger. God's not going to take my Jew card for saying so. I know many, many Jews who agree with me-- because above a commitment to Israel, Jews have a commitment to social justice for all peoples. I support the negotiations with Iran, because the alternative is war. I don't support continuing to build settlements in the disputed territories, because it's provocation and prolongs the existing cold war... and fans the flames.

I know some of the usual nuts on here are going to proclaim me a "bad Jew" for not putting Israel first, but, I'm an American Jew-- and you're probably not.

I think this is going to back fire on the Republicans as usual. The only Jews I know who support Netanyahu in the US are either Orthodox or over 70-- The reset of us, not so much.
When it comes to Obama's horrible cave-in to Iran, you do NOT speak for American Jews. Where did you ever get that idea? From speaking to a few of your favorite far leftists? (BTW, I'm a registered Democrat).

And why the focus and attacks on Netanyahu regarding Iran? Because your leader's administration has the gall to call the PM of a major ally chickensh!t? The major leftist opposition party of Israel has declared its agreement with the PM and its opposition to Obama's policy, a policy which creates an existential threat to Israel. So you can sit there in the temporary safety of your Connecticut home and spout your robotic support for your great leader. But Israelis are on the front line. They oppose, from left to right across the political spectrum, your leader's virtual giveaway to the mullahs. And over 60% of the US Senate supports them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies