Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 09:37 PM

335 posts, read 422,558 times

Advertisements

Israel has universal healthcare, same sex marriage, and lots of abortions. That's why most Jews identify with Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 09:46 PM

30,530 posts, read 18,004,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

My community has a huge population of Jews...and yes they are democrats. But let me tell you, they are deeply into their faith. So I'm not sure why you think you can judge who are Jews in name only because they vote democratic.
:sigh: let me re-post what I just wrote:

"But don't just take my word for it:

Quote:
According to the survey—which was conducted from Jan. 2 to Dec. 30, 2014, among 4,116 Jewish adults—29 percent of American Jews are Republican, up from 22 percent in 2008, while 61 percent of Jews are Democrats, down from 71 percent seven years ago.

The survey also found that support for the GOP was higher among Jewish men than women, and also higher among religiously observant Jews.
Gallup poll shows increase in Jewish-American support for Republicans

If you're not observant (which comprises the group of "Jews" voting Democratic), I have no problem declaring you a JINO.

Cheers."

Apart from personal observations, I'm not just talking out of my behind. Note, there are other studies out there showing that more observant Jews are voting Republican. Of course, this isn't universally true, but its true enough.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:57 PM

31,909 posts, read 14,904,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
:sigh: let me re-post what I just wrote:

"But don't just take my word for it:

Gallup poll shows increase in Jewish-American support for Republicans

If you're not observant (which comprises the group of "Jews" voting Democratic), I have no problem declaring you a JINO.

Cheers."

Apart from personal observations, I'm not just talking out of my behind. Note, there are other studies out there showing that more observant Jews are voting Republican. Of course, this isn't universally true, but its true enough.
LOL I'm catholic My point with your post was not about jews voting for republicans. It was about you calling them jinos or whatever because they vote democratic.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:58 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,645,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
And who the hell are you to determine who is a Jew and who is a "Jew in Name Only"?

The arrogance that it must take to declare another person Jewish or nonJewish is simply astounding. In this country-- and in Israel-- the overwhelming majority of Jews are non-orthodox. But-- as my Hasidic clients would say-- we're all Jews.

It seems the right wing nut jobs are now arbiters of Judaism.
The hubris displayed by that poster is quite impressive. He's probably some Bible thumper looking forward to the end of days or some nonsense.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:09 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,406,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I think you are wrong. Are you an American first and a Jewish person second? Your post is confusing.

About 77 years ago, a lot of doomed people were saying, "I'm a German first and a Jewish person second."

Old 03-21-2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
And I am among them. I support Israel. I have been there several times. And just like the majority of the Israeli public, I'm no fan of Netanyahu and won't support his policies that lead to war.

You can love Israel and detest Netanyahu. Many do.
What exactly is it that's so bad about Netanyahu?

The fact that he disagrees with Obama that Israel should go back to its 1967 borders, thereby lessening its ability to defend itself?

The fact that he sees no basis for negotiating with the Palestinians for as long as they include Hamas in their government -- given that Hamas is committed to the destruction of Israel, not a two-state solution where the two states recognize each other as legitimate and are ready to live in peace?

The fact that he recognizes that giving up more land to the Palestinians will just create another Gaza on the West Bank, bringing on more rocket attacks on Israel by terrorist groups sponsored by Iran?

The fact that he opposes a nuclear deal with Iran that would allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons after 10 years -- a deal that does not require Iran to stop funding Hamas and Hezbollah and stop underwriting terrorism against both Israel and the West? A deal that does not require Iran to accept the right to exist of Israel but instead allows it to carry forth its policy of wiping Israel off the map? A deal that allows Iran to develop intercontinental ballistic missiles so that it can launch nuclear attacks on Europe and the U.S.? A deal that allows Iran to continue its oppression of women, Christians, Jews and homosexuals?

Old 03-21-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Swasitka painting? Is that justification for supporting a path to war with Iran?

I don't walk around in fear. I leave Connecticut alot. Just this month I've been in Amsterdam, Austin, Boston, and Orlando.

Anti-Israel rhetoric? Sorry, being anti-Netanyahu (just like many, many Israelis) is not being anti-Israel. No matter how much Republicans repeat it.
Why don't you try walking around with one of those little hats (yarmulkes) and see how that goes?

Wouldn't it be fair to say that a lot of American Jews are really closet Jews?

Being in the closet didn't save the Jews of Germany.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:34 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,236,672 times
Quote:
Are the Republicans getting carried away with the Israeli ass kissing in attempt to split the Jewish vote from the Democrats?

The Jewish vote significantly favors the Democrats. Personally, as a Jew, I find Netanyahu to be offensive, and a war monger. God's not going to take my Jew card for saying so. I know many, many Jews who agree with me-- because above a commitment to Israel, Jews have a commitment to social justice for all peoples. I support the negotiations with Iran, because the alternative is war. I don't support continuing to build settlements in the disputed territories, because it's provocation and prolongs the existing cold war... and fans the flames.

I know some of the usual nuts on here are going to proclaim me a "bad Jew" for not putting Israel first, but, I'm an American Jew-- and you're probably not.

I think this is going to back fire on the Republicans as usual. The only Jews I know who support Netanyahu in the US are either Orthodox or over 70-- The reset of us, not so much.

war monger???? for protecting Israel from extremists who are on the record that want no peace and the destruction of Israel?......that is the Obama and the left narrative of Netanyahu and you drink the kool aid.

I find it offensive that Obama chooses to bend over backwards to Iran our sworn enemy and talks down to Bibi and Israel.

if you think Obama has the best interest of Israel, you are on crack and a bad Jew.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We destabilized the Middle East before Obama was even in office
The Middle East has been unstable for thousands of years apart from brief periods of Christian, Western colonial (Britain, France) and Ottoman rule.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:37 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,236,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
What exactly is it that's so bad about Netanyahu?

The fact that he disagrees with Obama that Israel should go back to its 1967 borders, thereby lessening its ability to defend itself?

The fact that he sees no basis for negotiating with the Palestinians for as long as they include Hamas in their government -- given that Hamas is committed to the destruction of Israel, not a two-state solution where the two states recognize each other as legitimate and are ready to live in peace?

The fact that he recognizes that giving up more land to the Palestinians will just create another Gaza on the West Bank, bringing on more rocket attacks on Israel by terrorist groups sponsored by Iran?

The fact that he opposes a nuclear deal with Iran that would allow Iran to develop nuclear weapons after 10 years -- a deal that does not require Iran to stop funding Hamas and Hezbollah and stop underwriting terrorism against both Israel and the West? A deal that does not require Iran to accept the right to exist of Israel but instead allows it to carry forth its policy of wiping Israel off the map? A deal that allows Iran to develop intercontinental ballistic missiles so that it can launch nuclear attacks on Europe and the U.S.? A deal that allows Iran to continue its oppression of women, Christians, Jews and homosexuals?

American jews who support Obama on this are clueless.......the OP is just clueless.

If the U.S. was in Israel shoes, no President except the one we have now, would be so weak against our sworn enemies.

Can you imagine FDR during WW 2 being this clueless? I don't
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies