Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 12:03 AM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Israel have voted in BIBI 3 elections in a row, I guess they know something Obama doesn't.

I could care less how the American Jews vote in New York....they can have Cuomo and De Blasio....I don't live in N.Y.

He almost lost though. He really got desperate in the end didn't he. And who is talking about new york??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 12:05 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He almost lost though. He really got desperate in the end didn't he. And who is talking about new york??

desperate? almost lost???? LOL..... keep reading the liberal media who got it wrong as other news.

Most American Jews in the U.S. live in NEW YORK by far...most of them live in liberal cities.That's why most vote democrat.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:06 AM

513 posts, read 580,957 times
A Jew who votes Democrat is the kind of person who would stuff their fellow Jews into the ovens to survive one more day. When the progressive left and their Islamist allies come for the Jews, it won't matter that Jewish Democrats are good liberals, they'll end up in the gas chambers alongside Jewish Republicans and Jewish independents, and this time they'll only have themselves to blame. Judaism trumps political ideology.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:34 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
A Jew who votes Democrat is the kind of person who would stuff their fellow Jews into the ovens to survive one more day. When the progressive left and their Islamist allies come for the Jews, it won't matter that Jewish Democrats are good liberals, they'll end up in the gas chambers alongside Jewish Republicans and Jewish independents, and this time they'll only have themselves to blame. Judaism trumps political ideology.
Well said.

I would add that if American Jews continue to support America's enemies (the way Obama and his leftist allies do), they will earn the hatred of the non-Jewish American majority.

They will also earn that hatred by supporting Obama and the Left's other policies of....

* open borders (depressing wages and eliminating jobs for legal U.S. citizens while perpetuating an expensive welfare system that supports able bodied Americans who should be doing the jobs illegal aliens do)

* kow towing to the anti-semitic and anti-American UN

* bashing Christians

* reverse discrimination and racism against whites.

* handwringing over a little rough treatment meted out to Islamic terrorists

* handwringing over fully justified police tactics against criminals in this country

Liberal Jews have strongly supported a racially divided America so that white gentiles don't have too much power.

They call that "social justice," but it's really a misguided attempt to marginalize the majority of a nation in order to feel more protected.

Very foolish, I would say.

That has not only been a tactical error (they think non-whites like them? really?) but a failure to appreciate the majority of America's high acceptance of Jews and support for Israel compared to other countries.

Last edited by dechatelet; 03-22-2015 at 12:46 AM..

Old 03-22-2015, 06:23 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I could not think of a more disgusting reference. In a thread where we had some DENY that the holocaust even happened, you go after Jews who don't vote the way you do.

What kind of nasty, vicious line of thought leads you to compare Jews who vote Democrat (the Majority of us) to nazi murderers-- who just about led to our extinction.

While as vicious and disgusting as your comments are, they also illustrate my point. The Right wing nut jobs will go around saying things like this thinking it's perfectly okay. The hubris, nastiness, and flat out wrongness of what they're saying will once again turn off the moderates.

Islamist allies?

Last edited by mlassoff; 03-22-2015 at 06:28 AM.. Reason: name calling

Old 03-22-2015, 06:27 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,137,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Well said.

I would add that if American Jews continue to support America's enemies (the way Obama and his leftist allies do), they will earn the hatred of the non-Jewish American majority.

They will also earn that hatred by supporting Obama and the Left's other policies of....

* open borders (depressing wages and eliminating jobs for legal U.S. citizens while perpetuating an expensive welfare system that supports able bodied Americans who should be doing the jobs illegal aliens do)

* kow towing to the anti-semitic and anti-American UN

* bashing Christians

* reverse discrimination and racism against whites.

* handwringing over a little rough treatment meted out to Islamic terrorists

* handwringing over fully justified police tactics against criminals in this country

Liberal Jews have strongly supported a racially divided America so that white gentiles don't have too much power.

They call that "social justice," but it's really a misguided attempt to marginalize the majority of a nation in order to feel more protected.

Very foolish, I would say.

That has not only been a tactical error (they think non-whites like them? really?) but a failure to appreciate the majority of America's high acceptance of Jews and support for Israel compared to other countries.
See the problem is you don't even know what most progressives stand for. Turn off Fox news, take a blood pressure pill, and listen to a few of us.

I'll respond just to a bit of your Fox-raging spittle.

- No one I know is for open borders. You use that term to purposely mislabel what most progressives believe which is that Dreamers should have a path to citizenship and border controls enforced. When are you going to go after the (mostly) Republican employers of these illegals with all your rage? My guess is never. Fox didn't tell you to

- Fully justified police tactics? Why don't you ready the report on Ferguson. Good grief. Most cops are good people doing a hard job. To pretend there is no racisim is silly.

- Bashing Christians? Really? Fox tells you're getting bashed because you can't use public schools or the government to evangelize your religion and you call it getting bashed...

Old 03-22-2015, 08:01 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Default Where does this put Israel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Are the Republicans getting carried away with the Israeli ass kissing in attempt to split the Jewish vote from the Democrats?

The Jewish vote significantly favors the Democrats. Personally, as a Jew, I find Netanyahu to be offensive, and a war monger. God's not going to take my Jew card for saying so. I know many, many Jews who agree with me-- because above a commitment to Israel, Jews have a commitment to social justice for all peoples. I support the negotiations with Iran, because the alternative is war. I don't support continuing to build settlements in the disputed territories, because it's provocation and prolongs the existing cold war... and fans the flames.

I know some of the usual nuts on here are going to proclaim me a "bad Jew" for not putting Israel first, but, I'm an American Jew-- and you're probably not.

I think this is going to back fire on the Republicans as usual. The only Jews I know who support Netanyahu in the US are either Orthodox or over 70-- The reset of us, not so much.
I am not Jewish. Thank you for putting America first.

Although I think that the Bush administration was already favorably disposed to war in Iraq, Pat Buchanan may have gotten it right when he blamed the "Beltway Likud" for contributing to the war fever. America is not immune from history. The estimate of the cost of that war is two trillion dollars. That is a staggering amount even for America. In a world where perception is everything I offer Putin's move into the Crimea as evidence of a perception of a weakened America.

Where does this put Israel? While public opinion is generally molded by the six corporations in America, word of mouth arguments such as yours ring true around the dinner tables of more and more American households. No amount of media propaganda will smother this truth. We've already said no to a war with Iran and we are historically aware that Tonkin and yellow cake were scams. The European media is not subject to the same influences that the American press is. Israel is not a good guy or the mighty mouse of the middle east that deserves rescue at all cost to many Europeans.

Conclusion: Israel should be smart enough to use American friendship carefully and come to some agreement with the Palestinians. America must now preserve it's resources because the Baltic republics are NATO and eastern Ukraine may be the Sudetenland all over again.

Last edited by Tonyafd; 03-22-2015 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: correction

Old 03-22-2015, 08:23 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,014,793 times
Quote:
And I am among them. I support Israel. I have been there several times. And just like the majority of the Israeli public, I'm no fan of Netanyahu and won't support his policies that lead to war.

You can love Israel and detest Netanyahu. Many do.
For someone that said they been to Israel several times you sure make statements about Israeli's that aren't true. You can be no fan of Netanyahu as you don't live in Israel anyway. But please don't spread such false things as the bolded area. Most of the Israeli public supports Netanyahu and his policies. The ones that don't are from the liberal side and they are not the majority in Israel. Look at the polls from last year war to truly see how much Israeli support his policies.

Israel’s Channel 10 news, conducted by the Sarid Institute, found that 87 percent of Jewish Israelis support continuing the Gaza operation. A survey by the Israel Democracy Institute found that 95 percent of Israeli Jews think the operation in Gaza is just, and 4 of 5 oppose a unilateral withdrawal. Just 4 percent said the Israeli military has used excessive force. Another survey by the University of Haifa, 85 percent of Jewish Israelis said they are “very satisfied” or “satisfied” with Netanyahu’s leadership.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:44 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I think you are wrong. Are you an American first and a Jewish person second? Your post is confusing.
I'm not confused by Mlasoff's post. He clearly puts America first. I am an Italian-American who wouldn't think of having loyalty outside of the fifty states. I am also a Social Democrat and that along with my ethnic group makes me as common as a gun rack on a Volvo.

I understand your need for a guaranteed refuge. A thousand years of history is clear evidence of that need, but don't you dare put America under your tires in a blind effort to do that.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Are the Republicans getting carried away with the Israeli ass kissing in attempt to split the Jewish vote from the Democrats?

The Jewish vote significantly favors the Democrats. Personally, as a Jew, I find Netanyahu to be offensive, and a war monger. God's not going to take my Jew card for saying so. I know many, many Jews who agree with me-- because above a commitment to Israel, Jews have a commitment to social justice for all peoples. I support the negotiations with Iran, because the alternative is war. I don't support continuing to build settlements in the disputed territories, because it's provocation and prolongs the existing cold war... and fans the flames.

I know some of the usual nuts on here are going to proclaim me a "bad Jew" for not putting Israel first, but, I'm an American Jew-- and you're probably not.

I think this is going to back fire on the Republicans as usual. The only Jews I know who support Netanyahu in the US are either Orthodox or over 70-- The reset of us, not so much.
I don't think that was the reason. The only reason was to escalate hostilities against the WH and deepen the division. I think it will backfire among the independents. Stuff like this is a turn-off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies