Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 09:07 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
You can love Israel and detest Netanyahu. Many do.
Of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 09:12 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh? Just WHAT are Israel's interests? It seems when it's politically beneficial we hear one story from the Israeli PM, days after the election we hear a different story. These flip-flopping stories from the same man who's been crying WOLF! over Iran for 20m years now, I don't believe we need any more wolf tickets.

I have NO interest in seeing the US involved in yet another bloody, wasteful, unnecessary war of choice. To believe the US cannot defend itself against Iran is to say the biggest enemy of the US is the MIC that has sucked untold $$$ from the US taxpayer in the name of 'defense' and has apparently been playing a major con if Iran really is a threat to the US, the only country we are truly responsible for.
Your obsessed with what Bibi says or does, but lack the understanding of the relationship between both countries. Once Obama leaves office, the relationship will remain the same.

No one is advocating a U.S war with Iran. Where in Bibi's speech to Congress on March 3rd did he ask the U.S to strike Iran? If you cannot prove this then your basic argument is flawed.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Your obsessed with what Bibi says or does, but lack the understanding of the relationship between both countries. Once Obama leaves office, the relationship will remain the same.
Yes, there is really nothing new going on, and it will continue on the same tracks in the future.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:43 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I am not Jewish. Thank you for putting America first.

Although I think that the Bush administration was already favorably disposed to war in Iraq, Pat Buchanan may have gotten it right when he blamed the "Beltway Likud" for contributing to the war fever. America is not immune from history. The estimate of the cost of that war is two trillion dollars. That is a staggering amount even for America. In a world where perception is everything I offer Putin's move into the Crimea as evidence of a perception of a weakened America.

Where does this put Israel? While public opinion is generally molded by the six corporations in America, word of mouth arguments such as yours ring true around the dinner tables of more and more American households. No amount of media propaganda will smother this truth. We've already said no to a war with Iran and we are historically aware that Tonkin and yellow cake were scams. The European media is not subject to the same influences that the American press is. Israel is not a good guy or the mighty mouse of the middle east that deserves rescue at all cost to many Europeans.

Conclusion: Israel should be smart enough to use American friendship carefully and come to some agreement with the Palestinians. America must now preserve it's resources because the Baltic republics are NATO and eastern Ukraine may be the Sudetenland all over again.
Got to love the sweeping generalizations. Never understood why the morally bankrupt left accuses American Jews of being Un-American, yet they consistently support the Democratic party which liberals are apart of. Jewish bashing at its finding.

You said nothing that is correct. Posters will view your posts with no credibility unfortunately.

Europe does not want a nuclear Iran as it will be drawn to conflict. Please provide sources that Bibi asked congress to go to war in his speech on March 3rd. Please provide sources that Israel asked Europe for "survival" aid?

Until these questions are proven, you have no leg to stand on.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:39 AM

549 posts, read 456,882 times
Wow! 9 pages in two three for a discussion based on lies.

Quote:
Are the Republicans getting carried away with the Israeli ass kissing in attempt to split the Jewish vote from the Democrats?
Quote:
I support the negotiations with Iran, because the alternative is war.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:51 AM

549 posts, read 456,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
American jews who support Obama on this are clueless.......the OP is just clueless.

If the U.S. was in Israel shoes, no President except the one we have now, would be so weak against our sworn enemies.

Can you imagine FDR during WW 2 being this clueless? I don't
Unfortunately, FDR was not only clueless, but also pro-Nazi until Peal Harbor. Carter was clueless until the Russian invasion into Afghanistan. Being clueless is a natural state for liberals of all races.

BTW, can anyone point what would change in Israel's foreign policy, had the left won the elections there?

Old 03-22-2015, 10:54 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Quote:
Are the Republicans getting carried away with the Israeli ass kissing in attempt to split the Jewish vote from the Democrats?

The Jewish vote significantly favors the Democrats. Personally, as a Jew, I find Netanyahu to be offensive, and a war monger. God's not going to take my Jew card for saying so. I know many, many Jews who agree with me-- because above a commitment to Israel, Jews have a commitment to social justice for all peoples. I support the negotiations with Iran, because the alternative is war. I don't support continuing to build settlements in the disputed territories, because it's provocation and prolongs the existing cold war... and fans the flames.

I know some of the usual nuts on here are going to proclaim me a "bad Jew" for not putting Israel first, but, I'm an American Jew-- and you're probably not.

I think this is going to back fire on the Republicans as usual. The only Jews I know who support Netanyahu in the US are either Orthodox or over 70-- The reset of us, not so much.
I am a american jew and conservative and don't agree with part of your post. I agree we need to help others in need but we got to do it with our eyes wide open. Any agreement with iran will be one sided. That is the usa will keep their end and iran will not keep theirs. Thier past history tells us this.

When it comes to settlements in the so called occupied territories, what other country that has been attacked and in the process won land from the attackers had to give back land let alone have that land be called occupied? Occupied territory is when you attack a nation at take land. As far as i am concerned thats israels land to do as it pleases. And i am 43.

Last edited by mike0618; 03-22-2015 at 11:09 AM..

Old 03-22-2015, 11:27 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am a american jew and conservative and don't agree with part of your post. I agree we need to help others in need but we got to do it with our eyes wide open. Any agreement with iran will be one sided. That is the usa will keep their end and iran will not keep theirs. Thier past history tells us this.

When it comes to settlements in the so called occupied territories, what other country that has been attacked and in the process won land from the attackers had to give back land let alone have that land be called occupied? Occupied territory is when you attack a nation at take land. As far as i am concerned thats israels land to do as it pleases. And i am 43.
While I see where you are coming from, I believe both of these attitudes result in a perpetual state of war or brink-of-war. Past history tells us this.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:32 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
We destabilized the Middle East before Obama was even in office
True

Old 03-22-2015, 11:37 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Quote:
While I see where you are coming from, I believe both of these attitudes result in a perpetual state of war or brink-of-war. Past history tells us this.
And giving into those who are aggressive brings no piece. It is a sign of weakness. Why give into a bully regardless of who they are? Its the same as rewarding your child for doing wrong and hoping he wont do it again.

I can see some spin my words to say that i am saying the usa is the parent but it was just a analogy.

What has iran done to show it deserves to be part of the world stage of nations? Have they fought and denounced terrorism? Have they helped their neighbors? Or have they helped overthrow nations and support terrorists? Until they show they are a responsible arm of piece i dont feel they should be taken off sanctions.

Giving into their demands and hoping they will play nice is absolutely crazy thought! They will see it as us being weak and that they can do what they want without reprocussions.

Why is not supporting this deal the same as saying war with iran? Are those saying this saying that we cant stay status qou? Or increased sanctions? How about we actually inforce sactions.

Last edited by mike0618; 03-22-2015 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies