Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 12:06 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times

Advertisements

I'll give you three guesses why no one is saying anything about it, and the first two don't count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 12:12 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I would personally pay for her ticket to relocate somewhere else.

That would leave pone less Dem voter......if she votes at all.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:21 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
I don't give (c)rappers the time of day.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:49 AM

268 posts, read 241,235 times
Quote:
“Yeah, I am loud and boisterous. And I am black, and I am a pain in your ass. But I’m not really talking to you, and that’s what makes those people mad. You’re not invited to this conversation. This is not about you. When you rip a people from their land, from their customs, from their culture—there’s still a piece of me that knows I’m not supposed to be speaking English, I’m not supposed to be worshipping Jesus Christ. All this sh*t is unnatural to me. People will be like, ‘Oh, you’re ignorant because you don’t speak proper English.’ No. This is not mine. I don’t even want this sh*t, so I’m going to do whatever the f**k I want with this language. I’m going to call you a f*g or a cracker or a *****.”
She's full of **** just like all the others who bash America while they live the high life. If she hates America that much, no ones forcing her to stay here. She can pack up and move to Africa any time.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:56 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
Rhetorical questions, but why is this not being given more attention than a passing amused mention on the Internet? Why no general outrage at the racism and disturbing attitude?

I'm linking from an entertainment blog and others. The ent. link has most quotes, including her use of "f*g", whilst the others link to Playboy article. Notice the difference in coverage by the Huff Post, whose general website is extremely Black-centric.

Azealia Banks Covers ‘Playboy,’ Says She Hates ‘Fat White Americans’ & Tons More | Azealia Banks, Magazine : Just Jared

Azealia Banks Talks 'Fat White Americans,' Kanye West And Race In Playboy Interview

» Rapper Azealia Banks: I Hate White Americans Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

This is the same woman who joked about killing "crackers" in their sleep over the Ferguson debacle.

Because her hateful crap is a non story. Why waste time with pond scum?

Old 03-22-2015, 01:06 AM

692 posts, read 957,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
I listen to hip-hop music, mostly the older stuff from the 90's. However, Ms. Banks is obviously racist. Yes there are racist black people, not just racist whites. She can leave this country anytime she wants. I'm not a fan of fat people, I get that, but I've been to the deep south and once you get out of the metro areas there are some rather large black folks too. I agree that a majority of people in rural areas tend to be very conservative and racist, that's a tough a point to argue. As far as worshipping Jesus, no one is forcing her to do that. I'm sure where that's coming from.

Muscially, she's not a bad rapper. I did listen to a few of her songs on iTunes prior to responding to this post.

All in all Azealia Banks is what's wrong with a lot of black community, p*ssed off, blame the white man, live in the past. Again, if she doesn't like it here, then LEAVE. Of course the fact she is black is the reason why this is not getting a lot of press.

Banks was born in '91. By that time hip-hop legends like KRS-One, Run DMC, NWA had already been established in the business and furthermore these guys grew up in the 60's during times of racial turmoil. I can respect their opinions, but these didn't come off as racist bigots. Come on Azealia don't act like you lived through the Watts riots I'm not buying it.
If you wanna try killing this "cracker" in his sleep, you better be good, because my house is armed and bullets don't discriminate
So you're saying a girl that lived through the Diallo killing, the Abner Louima case, the Sean Bell murders and the gentrification of her neighbourhood (Harlem) doesn't have any perspective on racism?

Also, the idea that Black Americans who "don't like it here should leave" is racist as hell. Nobody tells the obstructionist Tea Party (predominantly White) to leave America because they don't like it.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:13 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
she's cute, the song is catchy and i really don't think she's as racist as she sounds like a valley girl. If anything i think she's smart enough to know in order for her to get headlines and get her music heard by many she has to find her niche and her niche right now is being racists. And that is exactly what she's doing, it's attention even if it's negative attention it's still something.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:17 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
I listen to hip-hop music, mostly the older stuff from the 90's. However, Ms. Banks is obviously racist. Yes there are racist black people, not just racist whites. She can leave this country anytime she wants. I'm not a fan of fat people, I get that, but I've been to the deep south and once you get out of the metro areas there are some rather large black folks too. I agree that a majority of people in rural areas tend to be very conservative and racist, that's a tough a point to argue. As far as worshipping Jesus, no one is forcing her to do that. I'm sure where that's coming from.

Muscially, she's not a bad rapper. I did listen to a few of her songs on iTunes prior to responding to this post.

All in all Azealia Banks is what's wrong with a lot of black community, p*ssed off, blame the white man, live in the past. Again, if she doesn't like it here, then LEAVE. Of course the fact she is black is the reason why this is not getting a lot of press.

Banks was born in '91. By that time hip-hop legends like KRS-One, Run DMC, NWA had already been established in the business and furthermore these guys grew up in the 60's during times of racial turmoil. I can respect their opinions, but these didn't come off as racist bigots. Come on Azealia don't act like you lived through the Watts riots I'm not buying it.
If you wanna try killing this "cracker" in his sleep, you better be good, because my house is armed and bullets don't discriminate
I think that her racial feelings was formed by her parents or parent, as her story about her second grade teacher gave insights to the thinking of her mother, who said that white people were the devil. Obviously her mother was no fan of white folks.

I will say this, no one should be happy or comfortable with black poverty in America being 3 times the rate of white poverty or that black unemployment is double that of white America or that black wealth is 15 times less the rate of white America.....and then being told by white America that these discrepancies have no root in America's historical racial mistreatment of blacks.

One can only be angry if they CARE about something. If one does not really care about all the discrepancies, and are content with their life, then one will not be angry. I support her level of consciousness 100%.....I have zero support for any hate however. I do also appreciate her overt expressing of her feelings instead of abstraction. Other conscious black people may be able to help her with that problem and get her to not be about hate.....she has a legitimate reason to be ANGRY though. Love always has to be the motivation.

Here the thing....once the system promotes you you in turn promote the system....EVEN IF IT IS STILL RACIST. If more blacks were allowed to be slave owners and to also own white slaves......blacks would not have been so against slavery almost universally as they were, because some would be profiting from it. Today, once black people find success at the promotion of white society....they then promote the white society, notwithstanding the position of the masses of blacks in the same society.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 03-22-2015 at 07:50 AM..

Old 03-22-2015, 07:51 AM

468 posts, read 553,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
There's probably just not much interest in silly remarks from some random small time rapper.

Next!
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
She's not getting much attention because she's not that popular. It's not like Nicki Minaj who would have made huge headlines if it was her. Banks is mostly known mostly for her feud with Iggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
Big difference between Paula Dean and Azalia BaBanks. Paula Dean was a huge Food Network star. Azalia Banks is a little known rapper who to date has only released two albums and her success is mainly in The UK and not the US. Her going on a hate filled rant matters little to no one because no one really knows who she is except the hip hop community and she's more known for twitter feuding with Iggy Azalia rather than her rapping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Meh no ones paying attention to her because she isn't very relevant--even amongst blacks, going on sites that cater to black American pop culture(hip
Hop sites)which are her demographic group and most of them don't even like her let alone take her seriously. And she makes these types of comments all the time. Her albums never do as well as other female hip hop artists. The fact that your giving her attention is interesting though. Her music is decent but honestly your giving her more attention than what she typically gets.... Just sayin'
It's hilarious how so many people are skirting the issue my orig question embodied by giving me a literal answer. Of course it's ok for the media not to report it; she's not so relevant. Funny how when it's anything to with racism against blacks then relevance is never an issue and I hardly see anyone making the same excuses.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:59 AM

468 posts, read 553,536 times
Why is it when someone makes racist comments towards blacks no one analyses the background of the situation and empathizes for person on how difficult it is to deal with black behaviour, crime etc?

This is a rhetorical question, BTW.

I completely reject all these pathetic excuses for her and the media. That people like her are not held accountable is partially the reason why black violence is so out of control in many countries and getting worse.

If they had better leaders who would tell them to redirect their energy towards better pursuits, reformation of their cultures, and rejection of gangster ideals when they have just as many rights as others, if not more, then maybe they would be in a better position than today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies