Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 12:52 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
If an officer or immigration agent asks to look inside your car, you can refuse to consent to the search. But if police believe your car contains evidence of a crime, your car can be searched without your consent. Both drivers and passengers have the right to remain silent.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...h+your+vehicle
You said otherwise earlier.

This was a checkpoint, they had no probable cause to search his car or detain him. What you wrote above does not apply. Hence why he went on his way without charges despite being found with an illegal substance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 01:06 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post

This was a checkpoint, they had no probable cause to search his car or detain him. What you wrote above does not apply. Hence why he went on his way without charges despite being found with an illegal substance.
With the agents claim that they found a small testable amount of marijuana. We don't actually know if they actually found marijuana or not.

Old 03-21-2015, 01:18 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post

well, The threshold for "reasonable suspicion," on the other hand, is not as stringent as that which is required to establish probable cause. It is more than simply a "hunch" but does not necessarily involve indisputable evidence of a crime. For example, a motorist who is swerving from lane to lane may be drunk or just a bad driver, but this gives an officer reasonable suspicion to investigate further.

If you are still wondering, "When can the police search search your car?" or for help with unlawful search and seizure defense, contact a criminal defense attorney.

- See more at: When Can the Police Search Your Car? - FindLaw'

The nasty attitude gave the officer reason to believe that he was ..... (fill in the blank) <shrug> The officer didn't do anything wrong and I didn't change my words or my answer.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:47 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
If I was a cop: I'd def "profile" those 2 "anglo white" people because they DO look like dirtbag tweakers and I'm def white. It is what it is.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:02 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,123 times
Quote:

If you are still wondering, "When can the police search search your car?" or for help with unlawful search and seizure defense, contact a criminal defense attorney.

The nasty attitude gave the officer reason to believe that he was ..... (fill in the blank) <shrug> The officer didn't do anything wrong and I didn't change my words or my answer.
I know when the police can search me or my property, and contrary to what you believe a "nasty attitude" never constitutes probable cause nor reasonable suspicion.

You did change your words since at first you said he should have answered. Then you agreed he was not required to.

Quote:
All he had to do is to answer the officer's question. Then he didn't have to be "assaulted".
Quote:
Both drivers and passengers have the right to remain silent.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:02 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
no. hope that helps

Old 03-21-2015, 04:47 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
So why are these folks driving around filming themselves with an in car video camera?

Old 03-21-2015, 04:50 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Quote:
The officer did not do anything wrong. The officer asked him politely, "How are you? Where are you going today?" He answered angrily, "I don't have to answer that question."

All he had to do is to answer the officer's question. Then he didn't have to be "assaulted".
This is why the Nation is lost.

"Rolleyes" indeed.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:53 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
This is why the Nation is lost.

"Rolleyes" indeed.
Those two were lost, certainly not me. Same thing would NEVER happen to me, Guaranteed.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:05 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,309,108 times
Those Drug dogs will Alert whenever its handler tell it to, it is a scam that should NEVER be allowed in court as evidence of probable cause to search a vehicle..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies