Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 12:01 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

More importantly, should there be such a thing as a TSA agent? I say no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 12:02 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Some believe every man, woman and child should be armed with no restrictions.

Why exclude TSA from the mix?
Maybe because it's against the law for convicted felons to have guns On the other hand that never stops the typical hood rat to lazy to get a gig at TSA so why not

Old 03-21-2015, 12:06 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
More importantly, should there be such a thing as a TSA agent? I say no.
k: k: k: k: k:

Old 03-21-2015, 12:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well here I'm going to play devil's advocate.

Why is it that the existence of the TSA is premised upon people and their luggage being inspected for being illegal or carrying terror related items but they are the only LEO's so-to-speak, put in that position NOT being armed?
Why are people assumed guilty of something and being forced to undergo inspection by armed gaurds? That is the question.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why are people assumed guilty of something and being forced to undergo inspection by armed gaurds? That is the question.
The constitution says innocent until proven guilty.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:19 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

I just drive instead of fly. that way I can refuse a cops request to search my vehicle without a warrant. I cannot do that with the tsa.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Man wielding machete shot at New Orleans airport. Should TSA agents carry guns? - CSMonitor.com

Not only no, but hell no. Is there any government agency staffed by less competent people than the TSA and now they want to be armed?

Do we really need another armed government agency? Is adding poorly trained armed government employees going to do anything but get even more law abiding citizens shot? Not likely.

Many TSA agents have past felony convictions, that deny them access to a firearm.

VWVortex.com - TSA hiring convicted felons

TSA Officers Could Be Defined As Felons In Kansas - Freedom Outpost

CNN.com - Report: Felons hired in rush to fill screener jobs - Feb. 5, 2004

TSA deliberately recruiting, hiring sociopaths and pedophiles, says whistleblower - NaturalNews.com

Old 03-21-2015, 12:46 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I just drive instead of fly. that way I can refuse a cops request to search my vehicle without a warrant. I cannot do that with the tsa.
People should start refusing. People need to start saying "no". As an aside, Constitutional rights do not apply to people from other countries unless we simply decide to. We don't have to. Those coming and going from other countries can still be checked.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin City View Post
why not, 2nd amendment guarantees them the right
In a well regulated militia. They aren't well regulated.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:56 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times
Armed TSA agents?

That will be just one more reason to avoid air travel like the plague. I ONLY get on planes when I am flying across oceans. If I can drive it, even if it takes a couple of days, I drive it. The trick is to plan your stops in new places each time you travel cross country. And give yourself a little time to visit and enjoy the places you stop. I've had great experiences by planning my trip to allow for a little exploration.

Air travel has become such a bad experience here in the U.S. that it's almost not worth doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies