Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 08:35 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,364,922 times

Advertisements

With all due respect to the OP, I find it amazing that anyone in this country actually thinks a letter sent to an elected official gets read by said elected official.

All correspondence is opened, searched for cash or checks and the rest goes into the burn bag/incinerator.

Standard Operating Procedure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 09:41 PM

34,958 posts, read 16,938,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I've learned that when the left makes an accusation it is they who are guilty. Obama is more interested in Iran and the Iranian people than he is Americans.

It worked when Obama appealed to young Americans now he is appealing to the young Iranians to try to get what he wants.
obama-appeals-to-iranian-youth-on-nuclear-deal
It reminds me of 9th grade social studies. Exotic cultures and societies had a certain appeal. This does not carry overwell to the real world where certain people conduct dispute resolution by massacre..

Old 03-21-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
With all due respect to the OP, I find it amazing that anyone in this country actually thinks a letter sent to an elected official gets read by said elected official.

All correspondence is opened, searched for cash or checks and the rest goes into the burn bag/incinerator.

Standard Operating Procedure.
I don't really expect that Nita Lowey will read it. Frankly I wrote it for two reasons:

1. Frustration and anger; and
  2. To have a letter to post as an "open letter" on public forums.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 14 days ago)

29,537 posts, read 16,518,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
An Open Letter to My Congressional Representative Regarding President Obama’s Policies

Below is a letter I just posted on Congresswomen Nita Lowey’s website about recent Obama administration policies. This letter speaks to my serious concern about the direction he is pursuing as President.

Dear Representative Lowey:

As a loyal, lifetime Democratic and member of the Jewish faith, I am watching with alarm our President's actions/antics concerning Israel's recent election. Currently, a very solid majority of U.S. Jews vote for the Democratic Party.

Barack Obama's apparent intent to force Israel to accept both a nuclear Iran and indefensible borders cause me concern. It is entirely possible that Mr. Obama will seriously wound the Democratic Party by taking positions antithetical to U.S. as well as Israeli security.

I understand Mr. Obama's desire to be considered a good and just man, and a world citizen. His oath of office and job is undying loyalty the United States. I believe he is grievously falling down on this job.
My first thought is that you contradicted yourself. Claiming President Obama should be loyal to his country first, while you seem to argue that you are faithful to your ancestral homeland and ethnicity before country, although it can indeed be argued that Barack Obama is doing what is best for his country, where as it is almost indefensible if you claimed the same of yourself.
Quote:
Israeli policy is not the only area giving cause for alarm. His energy policies similarly show allegiance to either foreign interests or at best concerns of fringe groups. His determination to endlessly defer decision on the Keystone XL Pipeline appears aimed at pressuring a U.S. ally, Canada, on its environmental policies. It is not his place to be pressuring a fellow democracy on its policies, particularly when they involve a speculative concern on "climate change." U.S. interests are best served by having energy exports contribute to our balance of trade.
Hmmm, that is actually a good point. But making it with Keystone destroys it. There are pipelines from Canada to the US,where the oil is actually used in the US, if you had used one of those as your point, you would be better off. But im guessing you have bought into the lies about KXL.

Quote:
Further, his unilateral decision to cease enforcing U.S. immigration law causes concern as well. His duty is not to Third World children; it is to citizens of the U.S. and localities impacted by the unfunded mandate of educating children, many of whom arrive without parents.
This one is a valid point, and I agree to an extent, the problem is the cost to send them back an the fact that it was GWB's policies that started this. he was the one that signed an executive order and then legislation to allow child refugees here with deferments from deportations.

Quote:
In short, President Obama is pressing a "world" agenda at the expense of the country he has taken an oath of office to lead. This may persuade me, as well as other lifelong, loyal Democratic to "reassess" (to borrow Administration nomenclature on their intentions with regard to Israeli policy) their political home in the Democratic Party.
Again, you are arguing your ancestral home land of Israel over America, you just believe you are right and he is wrong, doesnt make you any less of a hypocrite though.

All in all, I can believe you are a life long democrat who is a little pissed,but you seem a little misinformed, or better yet, bias.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:56 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,256,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
jbgusa, you need to listen to this deconstruction of the Netanyahu speech.
I realize you will encounter cognitive dissonance
while hearing it, but try to fight through that. we all go through learning curves.
Netanyahu's lies and atrocities are not good for the Jewish people.
Is this more about the Holocaust denial like your other posts?

Old 03-21-2015, 10:00 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,435,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Israel wants to survive and you are worried about the harm Obama's policies may do to the Democrat party.

No, he is employing reasoning more likely to resonate with her partisan concerns. He's writing for his audience, which is her hand-picked staffer who will read it.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:46 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,523,341 times
Quote:
As a loyal, lifetime Democratic and member of the Jewish faith
I appreciate that your religious affiliation is important to you. My own spiritual belief is the guiding principle in my life.
Separation of church and faith in our country means just that. Take your Jewish faith (and my spiritual belief) out of the equation, and what then is your point?
Do you insist your House rep bow to your specific faith? If so, man up and own it.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
I appreciate that your religious affiliation is important to you. My own spiritual belief is the guiding principle in my life.
Separation of church and faith in our country means just that. Take your Jewish faith (and my spiritual belief) out of the equation, and what then is your point?
Do you insist your House rep bow to your specific faith? If so, man up and own it.
No. Israel is the West's beachhead in a volatile part of the world, much like Normandy was the Allies' beachhead in WW II. Don't we need some place to amass force in that part of the world if necessary?

Also Israel is a Western-style democracy in a part of the world that lacks those. Are you saying Jews arew the only people not entitled to national self-determination?

Old 03-21-2015, 11:03 PM

27,096 posts, read 15,289,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I've learned that when the left makes an accusation it is they who are guilty. Obama is more interested in Iran and the Iranian people than he is Americans.

It worked when Obama appealed to young Americans now he is appealing to the young Iranians to try to get what he wants.
obama-appeals-to-iranian-youth-on-nuclear-deal

An old trick of the Clinton's.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 14 days ago)

29,537 posts, read 16,518,482 times
Quote:
No. Israel is the West's beachhead in a volatile part of the world, much like Normandy was the Allies' beachhead in WW II. Don't we need some place to amass force in that part of the world if necessary?
Beach head ??? The total personnel count for the bases in the middle east is about 140,000. We dont need a beach head.

Quote:
Also Israel is a Western-style democracy in a part of the world that lacks those. Are you saying Jews arew the only people not entitled to national self-determination?
a Kurdish person read that and fell out of his chair laughing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies