Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 08:54 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Yes, I know you are lower on the totem pole but for comparison what if JFK said Catholicism was primary or Romney citing Mormonism. It makes me very leery of people who put their religion ahead of country. Your beef is that the POTUS is not loyal to the USA but then you say your loyalties are in the ME. Self serving hypocrisy.
What are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 11:03 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
An Open Letter to My Congressional Representative Regarding President Obama’s Policies

Below is a letter I just posted on Congresswomen Nita Lowey’s website about recent Obama administration policies. This letter speaks to my serious concern about the direction he is pursuing as President.

Dear Representative Lowey:

As a loyal, lifetime Democratic and member of the Jewish faith, I am watching with alarm our President's actions/antics concerning Israel's recent election. Currently, a very solid majority of U.S. Jews vote for the Democratic Party.

Barack Obama's apparent intent to force Israel to accept both a nuclear Iran and indefensible borders cause me concern. It is entirely possible that Mr. Obama will seriously wound the Democratic Party by taking positions antithetical to U.S. as well as Israeli security.

I understand Mr. Obama's desire to be considered a good and just man, and a world citizen. His oath of office and job is undying loyalty the United States. I believe he is grievously falling down on this job.

Israeli policy is not the only area giving cause for alarm. His energy policies similarly show allegiance to either foreign interests or at best concerns of fringe groups. His determination to endlessly defer decision on the Keystone XL Pipeline appears aimed at pressuring a U.S. ally, Canada, on its environmental policies. It is not his place to be pressuring a fellow democracy on its policies, particularly when they involve a speculative concern on "climate change." U.S. interests are best served by having energy exports contribute to our balance of trade.

Further, his unilateral decision to cease enforcing U.S. immigration law causes concern as well. His duty is not to Third World children; it is to citizens of the U.S. and localities impacted by the unfunded mandate of educating children, many of whom arrive without parents.

In short, President Obama is pressing a "world" agenda at the expense of the country he has taken an oath of office to lead. This may persuade me, as well as other lifelong, loyal Democratic to "reassess" (to borrow Administration nomenclature on their intentions with regard to Israeli policy) their political home in the Democratic Party.
The Avalon Project : Balfour Declaration November 2, 1917

Quote:
November 2nd, 1917
Dear Lord Rothschild,
I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet.

"His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country."

I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation.

Yours sincerely,

Arthur James Balfour
It seems to me Netanyahu needs to remember what was said in 1917.

U.S.-Israel: A Special Alliance | Jewish Virtual Library

Iran talks a big game, but I don't think they would push the envelope and go up against Israel and the U.S. That would be, well you know, stupid.

The pipeline has been an ongoing project long before Obama and will be ongoing well after he leaves office and the immigration laws again, he is following the lead of those who have held office before him.

The problem I see with Obama is that he has no new ideas to bring to the table. He is a rinse and repeat President; taking forward those tasks that were left at the desk when he took office.

As a Senator he voted "Present" on most all issues. Obama's Voting Record and Policy Positions Prior to His Election As President - Discover the Networks Which leaves a person to question, just what type of person is he, really?

My hope is that people will do their homework before next election time and find as best they can the quirks of folks they deem worthy to represent us, rather than have a repeat of rants like we have had during the Bush and Obama terms.

I too wrote a letter to the White House when Bush was potus. I still have that letter. I addressed the letter, Dear Mr. President and it can be sent at any time, because it won't matter who sits as potus, somethings never change.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:08 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
BS. Valerie Jarrett was a Chicago slumlord before Obama took her to DC. Humanitarian, my azz. Oh, but yeah, Dems care about the poor. (HEAVY sarcasm)
Grim proving ground for Obama's housing policy - The Boston Globe

Jarrett is as corrupt as they come.

Did you even read my post, or did you just see the word "humanitarian" and then hit reply ??????

I said her father was a humanitarian, not her( and it wouldnt even make sense for you to think i meant her seeing as i said "in Iran"), Or did you forget that you were attacking the fact that she was born in Iran ???????

reading comprehension is key

Old 03-24-2015, 01:05 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Did you even read my post, or did you just see the word "humanitarian" and then hit reply ??????
How is being a Chicago slumlord anywhere near being a "humanitarian?"

Apparently, VJ's parents did a horrendous job raising her if she thinks it's acceptable to treat poor people that way. But then again, she's a Democrat. They pretend to care about the poor, but really don't. They just exploit them for votes.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:50 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Absurd

You embarrassed yourself. Shame on you.

Your rep will get a great laugh out it.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:58 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
+1 Powerful and well-written letter.

Although I am Independent (lean left on some things, right on others) and not Jewish, your letter has inspired me to write a similar letter to various political sycophants.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:14 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Another faux patriot who puts Israel ahead of the USA. Your letter shows your true colors. Why not just move to Israel?
What about those Mexican-Americans who put the citizens of Mexico ahead of the USA by advocating for their illegal amigos? Do you feel the same way about them?

Old 03-24-2015, 11:54 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What about those Mexican-Americans who put the citizens of Mexico ahead of the USA by advocating for their illegal amigos? Do you feel the same way about them?
The Jews' place in the world is rife with double-standards. Did you hear that the UN condemned one country for discrimination against women; Israel?

What a laugh.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:53 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
An Open Letter to My Congressional Representative Regarding President Obama’s Policies

Below is a letter I just posted on Congresswomen Nita Lowey’s website about recent Obama administration policies. This letter speaks to my serious concern about the direction he is pursuing as President.

Dear Representative Lowey:

As a loyal, lifetime Democratic and member of the Jewish faith, I am watching with alarm our President's actions/antics concerning Israel's recent election. Currently, a very solid majority of U.S. Jews vote for the Democratic Party.

Barack Obama's apparent intent to force Israel to accept both a nuclear Iran and indefensible borders cause me concern. It is entirely possible that Mr. Obama will seriously wound the Democratic Party by taking positions antithetical to U.S. as well as Israeli security.

I understand Mr. Obama's desire to be considered a good and just man, and a world citizen. His oath of office and job is undying loyalty the United States. I believe he is grievously falling down on this job.

Israeli policy is not the only area giving cause for alarm. His energy policies similarly show allegiance to either foreign interests or at best concerns of fringe groups. His determination to endlessly defer decision on the Keystone XL Pipeline appears aimed at pressuring a U.S. ally, Canada, on its environmental policies. It is not his place to be pressuring a fellow democracy on its policies, particularly when they involve a speculative concern on "climate change." U.S. interests are best served by having energy exports contribute to our balance of trade.

Further, his unilateral decision to cease enforcing U.S. immigration law causes concern as well. His duty is not to Third World children; it is to citizens of the U.S. and localities impacted by the unfunded mandate of educating children, many of whom arrive without parents.

In short, President Obama is pressing a "world" agenda at the expense of the country he has taken an oath of office to lead. This may persuade me, as well as other lifelong, loyal Democratic to "reassess" (to borrow Administration nomenclature on their intentions with regard to Israeli policy) their political home in the Democratic Party.
This is the United States of America (not f.ing Israel.)

America gives Israel $3 billion dollars a year in financial aid, don't you believe America has the right to ask things of Israel sometimes?
U.S. military aid to Israel exceeds $100 billion - Diplomacy and Defense - Israel News | Haaretz

America gives more aid to Israel than any other country. What about less aid for Israel, and more aid for starving children in Africa and South America?

What about less military help for Israel, and instead America stepping in for countries like Africa when insane armies are butchering huge numbers of African people?

And the Keystone Pipeline will destroy nature, cause devastating tar sands mining, and put huge numbers of truckers and oil workers out of work (to create like 35 permanent jobs maintaining the pipeline.)

And then you have the audacity to say "Obama's duty is not to Third World children."

Clearly America is supporting Israel too much, and clearly you have become pampered, spoiled, and expect America to serve Israel.

I say less aid for Israel, and more aid for Africa and South America.

Chad.

Old 03-25-2015, 01:04 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Another faux patriot who puts Israel ahead of the USA. Your letter shows your true colors. Why not just move to Israel?

why doesn't obama move back to indonesia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies