Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 11:32 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You don't have to kiss Irans ass, Obama and Kerry are doing it for you. Just an FYI,

Taqiyya ("al Taqiyya") is the Muslims' license to lie to infidels in order to camouflage Islam's holy war strategy (jihad) to conquer the world. The strategy mentioned through orders and solicitations in the Quran 3:28 and other Islamic writings and reference applies to all Western countries and against all infidels people (non-muslims) who is not
Islamic.

Maybe Obama "will change his faith"
I said "And I don't want to kiss any Muslims as-, but theres something else to think about.........."

And according to scholars/experts the Bible is far more violent than the Quran.
What the Quran-bashers Don't Want You to Know About the Bible | loonwatch.com
Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran? : NPR

And if Obama tries to change his faith, his wife will stop talking to him, his children will think he's nuts, and his mother-in-law will yell at him (and then hit him with her purse.) That dude is stuck being a Christian.

Last edited by chad3; 03-23-2015 at 11:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 11:56 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I said "And I don't want to kiss any Muslims as-, but theres something else to think about.........."

Was does the Old Testament especially have anything to do with what's being discussed? Anyone over the age of 12 realizes what matters is what people are currently doing, right now... not long past events in a book.

Nothing more than leftist diversionary tactics.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:30 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I don't recall that at all. I'm curious.....were you even alive then?
I was 29 at the time. Many people on the left were celebrating the overthrow of the Shah and saying the hostage situation was the U.S.'s comeuppance for the CIA supported coup of 1953 that overthrew the Iranian prime minister. The quote I mentioned ("the Ayatolla Khomeini will be hailed as a saint") is a direct quote from former ambassador to the UN Andrew Young. I remember asking some people on the left what they thought about the overthrow of the Shah. They all thought it was a good thing. I explained to them that as repressive as the Shah was with his brutal secret police force, the Savak, Khomeini and his Muslim fundamentalist supporters would turn out to be even worse. To this day I believe I was correct.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:35 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I was 29 at the time. Many people on the left were celebrating the overthrow of the Shah and saying the hostage situation was the U.S.'s comeuppance for the CIA supported coup of 1953 that overthrew the Iranian prime minister.
That part is somewhat true but hardly what you claimed.

Quote:
The quote I mentioned ("the Ayatolla Khomeini will be hailed as a saint") is a direct quote from former ambassador to the UN Andrew Young. I remember asking some people on the left what they thought about the overthrow of the Shah. They all thought it was a good thing. I explained to them that as repressive as the Shah was with his brutal secret police force, the Savak, Khomeini and his Muslim fundamentalist supporters would turn out to be even worse. To this day I believe I was correct.
In that it was none of our business, yes you would be correct. While I do not recall what Young said, anything any one person said never represents the whole. I don't know why people like to do this.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

And if Obama tries to change his faith, his wife will stop talking to him, his children will think he's nuts, and his mother-in-law will yell at him (and then hit him with her purse.) That dude is stuck being a Christian.
I have read the Koran (and both testaments of the Bible) and I don't have to be scholar to tell you that this is nonsense. But don't take my word for it. Read the Koran. And if you find that reading the Koran is a bit of a slog read the Complete Infidel's Guide to the Koran by Robert Spencer. Here is a typical passage from the Koran: "Slay the idolaters wherever you find them...".

Old 03-23-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
That part is somewhat true but hardly what you claimed.

In that it was none of our business, yes you would be correct. While I do not recall what Young said, anything any one person said never represents the whole. I don't know why people like to do this.
Many people at that time felt the same way as Young. But after a couple of hundred days into the hostage crisis they started to change their minds.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Many people at that time felt the same way as Young. But after a couple of hundred days into the hostage crisis they started to change their minds.
Many people thought deposing Saddam was going to be a good thing.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Many people thought deposing Saddam was going to be a good thing.
And many prominent democrats like Hilary Clinton among them. I was against the invasion of Iraq myself, figuring it would turn out to be a disaster. I believe I was right about that also.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
And many prominent democrats like Hilary Clinton among them. I was against the invasion of Iraq myself, figuring it would turn out to be a disaster. I believe I was right about that also.
Yes, deposing Saddam was a very non partisan position.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:45 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,522,834 times
This thread is way too intellectual for me. Have fun guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies