Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 06:59 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
Bibi didn't run any game on the Israeli voters. Most Israeli have and still do support Bibi. The kind of support Bibi gets from Israeli is something Obama hasn't gotten during his entire term
Well, that certainly explains his pre/post election flip-flopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 07:04 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, that certainly explains his pre/post election flip-flopping.
He apparently followed in the footsteps of Barack Obama*, who promised the American people many times on camera during the 2012 campaign that "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it. Period."

* - Winner of the 2013 Politifact "Lie of the Year" award.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He apparently followed in the footsteps of Barack Obama*, who promised the American people many times on camera during the 2012 campaign that "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it. Period."

* - Winner of the 2013 Politifact "Lie of the Year" award.
YEP! He's just another "I'll tell you what you want to hear if you vote for me" pandering politician. Seems to have sucked the GOP right in, probably hoping to improve their skills at the foot of a master.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:10 AM

939 posts, read 795,730 times
It should surprise nobody that Obama is "cool" towards Netanyahu. Muslims do not like Jews. Why will nobody in the public eye just say so, and quit trying to figure this out- it is VERY simple.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:16 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesisxx View Post
Bibi didn't run any game on the Israeli voters. Most Israeli have and still do support Bibi. The kind of support Bibi gets from Israeli is something Obama hasn't gotten during his entire term
Bibi just pandered to his favorite racists .... something an awful lot of politicians are inclined to do.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
It should surprise nobody that Obama is "cool" towards Netanyahu. Muslims do not like Jews. Why will nobody in the public eye just say so, and quit trying to figure this out- it is VERY simple.
What should be said is they're both politicians, nothing more. I haven't had much trust in American politicians since LBJ took us down the path to his useless, unnecessary war of choice. There's not one good reason I should place any more trust in an Israeli politician.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:22 AM

Quote:
YEP! He's just another "I'll tell you what you want to hear if you vote for me" pandering politician. Seems to have sucked the GOP right in, probably hoping to improve their skills at the foot of a master.
I won't disagree that he is willing to lie when he feels the need. Of course he cannot hold a candle to Barack Obama on that score, but if you are waiting for me to vouch for Netanyahu's pristine honesty, I cannot do it.

But what is important here is that the lie he has told is in his apology to his statements rejecting a two state solution. As we all know, there is not going to be peace in that region for several reasons, not least of which is because as long as Netanyahu is in charge, he will find a way to evade committing to a two state solution.

But he has said the right things here, and unless Obama wants to come out as being anti-Israel, tainting the Democratic party's position on this from now on, he is going to have to stand down and accept that he and John Kerry have done what they can on Israel. Like John McCain said, it is time for Barack Obama to "Stop the temper tantrum" and focus on the more critical problems relating to the expansion of The Islamic State and stopping the proliferation of nuclear weapons by Iran and its terrorist network.

I am not endorsing Netanyahu's "gaff" during the election (telling the truth), as I think it was a mistake for him to come out and say that (even though it is the truth). I am just saying that Barack Obama of all people has no credible basis for taking offense at Netanyahu lying during a campaign, for reasons that even the most hardened leftist partisan can not honestly deny.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I won't disagree that he is willing to lie when he feels the need. Of course he cannot hold a candle to Barack Obama on that score, but if you are waiting for me to vouch for Netanyahu's pristine honesty, I cannot do it.

But what is important here is that the lie he has told is in his apology to his statements rejecting a two state solution. As we all know, there is not going to be peace in that region for several reasons, not least of which is because as long as Netanyahu is in charge, he will find a way to evade committing to a two state solution.

But he has said the right things here, and unless Obama wants to come out as being anti-Israel, tainting the Democratic party's position on this from now on, he is going to have to stand down and accept that he and John Kerry have done what they can on Israel. Like John McCain said, it is time for Barack Obama to "Stop the temper tantrum" and focus on the more critical problems relating to the expansion of The Islamic State and stopping the proliferation of nuclear weapons by Iran and its terrorist network.

I am not endorsing Netanyahu's "gaff" during the election (telling the truth), as I think it was a mistake for him to come out and say that (even though it is the truth). I am just saying that Barack Obama of all people has no credible basis for taking offense at Netanyahu lying during a campaign, for reasons that even the most hardened leftist partisan can not honestly deny.
I agree completely with the bolded statement, exactly why I believe the best move for the US is to leave the ME to the countries of the region, let them either learn to live together or die together. It's a fool's errand to continue attempting to play world cop in a world that just ain't gonna listen. And I don't believe that will ever be different for any POTUS.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
I agree completely with the bolded statement, exactly why I believe the best move for the US is to leave the ME to the countries of the region, let them either learn to live together or die together. It's a fool's errand to continue attempting to play world cop in a world that just ain't gonna listen. And I don't believe that will ever be different for any POTUS.
Were it only so simple as picking up our gear and going home. Unfortunately, it is not.

Old 03-24-2015, 07:32 AM

939 posts, read 795,730 times
Quote:
What should be said is they're both politicians, nothing more. I haven't had much trust in American politicians since LBJ took us down the path to his useless, unnecessary war of choice. There's not one good reason I should place any more trust in an Israeli politician.
I cannot disagree with you regarding politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies