Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 10:47 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
On Wednesday, Elizabeth Warren enthusiastically voted against a bill to help human trafficking victims. This is a bill Democrats once supported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=cL7MPDgOWBY
More proof that cons are stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 10:58 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post

don't you worry, dems are stupid too.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:33 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Yeah, the Republicans inserted a Hyde Amendment provision that turned the whole thing into another debate over abortion.
Warren was right to vote against it. Pity. This is a bill that should and would have passed cleanly.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:53 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winemaker62 View Post
Voting against a bill doesn't mean that the person is for Human trafficking. It could mean that the bill is a bad bill that really doesn't address the problem in a realistic manner. The Immigration reform bill is an excellent example of a bad bill that didn't address the actual issues.
The affordable care act likewise did little to address the high cost of healthcare as it was claimed to do. All that it really did is shift more of the burden upon the middle class and those who already had insurance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What was in the bill? Might have been a bad bill to vote for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Garbage thread. Voting against the human trafficking bill doesn't mean you are for human trafficking. That's like saying because I am not pro-life, I am FOR abortion. That's nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieplangdu View Post
Is she the only one? Looks like there are at least 30 others. Besides, just because the title says so, does not mean so. Bush's clean water act allow poison in our water.
You people crack me up. You don't even know irony and sarcasm when you hear it.

Every time a Republican is against a bad idea it is because they want to "kill kids", "kill old people", "let women get raped" and any other ridiculous nonsense you can make up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Just like what the OP is doing because she has a (D) after her name.
Just like the OP is doing because turnabout is fair play.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:38 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Every time a Republican is against a bad idea
In this case, there was no bad idea that Republicans were against. Oh sure, they oppose human trafficking but not so much they'd consider passing a clean bill against it.
Instead, they'd use the bill as yet one more way to notify their constituents (attach a rider) that every woman's uterus and ovaries are government property.

I'm a woman, my uterus and ovaries are my own and not the government's. Thank you, Sen. Warren.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:41 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
No, you're the stupid head.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yeah, the Republicans inserted a Hyde Amendment provision that turned the whole thing into another debate over abortion. Warren was right to vote against it. Pity. This is a bill that should and would have passed cleanly.
Warren voted against it because she wants women to stay as sex slaves and be sold like chattel.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:42 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
In this case, there was no bad idea that Republicans were against. Oh sure, they oppose human trafficking but not so much they'd consider passing a clean bill against it.
Instead, they'd use the bill as yet one more way to notify their constituents (attach a rider) that every woman's uterus and ovaries are government property.

I'm a woman, my uterus and ovaries are my own and not the government's. Thank you, Sen. Warren.
name the last time EITHER SIDE passed a clean bill. you cant because there hasnt been a clean bill in decades for anything. both sides attach amendments, and riders to every bill that comes through the various committees.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Default Abortion more important than victims of human trafficking

Quote:
Yeah, the Republicans inserted a Hyde Amendment provision that turned the whole thing into another debate over abortion.
Warren was right to vote against it. Pity. This is a bill that should and would have passed cleanly.
This shows where Elizabeth Warren's (and Democrat) priorities lie, does it not? Abortion is more important than the victims of human trafficking.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:14 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Great thread!

But it's weird how lefties all of a sudden understand how bills actually work. Hundreds upon hundreds of threads are posted by lefties when republicans vote against nice sounding bills because of some line in the bill that they don't like.

If not for double standards the left would have none.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:15 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:

Then treat them and the things they produce with respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies