Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 09:43 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
No she doesn't.
Yes, she does. She voted against the bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Someone must be scared of <fill in Republican name> running.
Look at all the threads on Walker, Cruz, Bush or whomever the current front runner is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 09:48 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
In this case, there was no bad idea that Republicans were against. Oh sure, they oppose human trafficking but not so much they'd consider passing a clean bill against it.
Instead, they'd use the bill as yet one more way to notify their constituents (attach a rider) that every woman's uterus and ovaries are government property.

I'm a woman, my uterus and ovaries are my own and not the government's. Thank you, Sen. Warren.
I think the amendment to the bill did not disagree with you. Correct me if I am wrong it was not telling people they could not have an abortion it was only saying a fund setup in the bill should not be used to pay for abortions.

As an aside what is in this bill re trafficing that is not already law?

Old 03-23-2015, 10:24 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
Quote:
In this case, there was no bad idea that Republicans were against. Oh sure, they oppose human trafficking but not so much they'd consider passing a clean bill against it.
Instead, they'd use the bill as yet one more way to notify their constituents (attach a rider) that every woman's uterus and ovaries are government property.

I'm a woman, my uterus and ovaries are my own and not the government's.
Of course they are.

So why do you expect me to pay for it then?

Quote:
Thank you, Sen. Warren.
Yes thank you Lizzie for hating victims of sex trafficking so much that you vote against bills to help them.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:46 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
The Republicans need not undermine Warren. Her going deep in the primaries would benefit the Republican nominee.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Actually every president prior to and including Clinton advocated for line item veto powers. A Republican majority Congress passed it. Clinton signed it and subsequently used it.

That led to litigation and eventually SCOTUS killed it.
now tell me something i dont know. my point wasnt that presidents had been asking for it, my point was that we HAD a line item veto but the scotus killed it.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:01 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Little 13 year old Rosa is being sodomized today multiple times thanks to Ms. Warren and her ilk.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Senator Warren is an obstructionist.

Old 03-23-2015, 11:16 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Garbage thread.

Voting against the human trafficking bill doesn't mean you are for human trafficking.

That's like saying because I am not pro-life, I am FOR abortion. That's nuts.
Kind of connects.........A widely popular human trafficking bill is on the ropes as Senate Democrats, who were joining with Republicans to push the legislation, changed their minds literally overnight after “noticing” that it contained standard language to prevent any of the funds from going to abortion.

Democrats privately conceded they should have noticed the provision but complained Republicans failed to highlight it in a list of new features in this year’s bill. Republicans said Democrats had two months to read the bill.

Dems Want to Kill Human Trafficking Bill Over Abortion

Sick party.....of donkeys!

Old 03-23-2015, 11:24 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Just like what the OP is doing because she has a (D) after her name.
Here's the difference: other conservatives are responding and calling the original poster out on it.

Now compare that to your behavior over the claims that Republicans want children with downs syndrome to fend for themselves because they didn't vote for the ACA, want to bring back Jim Crow because they didn't complain about the removal of the Section 5 from the Voting Rights Act, and don't care about suffering women because they didn't support the language of the Violence Against Women Act. Did the people on your side of things, you know, the crusaders for social justice, stand up for principles and fairness in those situations? No, you absolutely did not.

So come off your high horse. You are looking like an unethical hypocrite right about now who only cares about principles when it advantages you.

Old 03-23-2015, 01:11 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Everyone who knows about politics a little understands how these things work. There is no point in hashing over things with those who don't, of any political leaning, or trying to insinuate all who vote a certain way always blablabla.. We get here people who don't know politics and just react to headlines, trolls, and kids. I don't have enough breath and if I did I'd head over to tumblr or reddit.

Some of us know how things work and wonder how ANY bill gets passed. Honestly, I'd have a hard time voting for even the most logical, important, slam dunk bill ever if it was ROUTINE that folks can stick whatever they want in there. The fact that people here think that's just something we should accept is ridiculous. But this is why I'm not a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies