Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 07:38 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I think many of us just vote for the better of two evils. I have been voting since Nixon's 2nd term and have never been excited about a presidential candidate.

I never do that anymore. Held my nose and did it with Bush 1 and Clinton the first time he ran. Reagan I wanted there and voted for him accordingly

Because we have no provision for a write in, I have left the vote for president blank, since I voted for Clinton in 1992. 1994 I started to look into politics a little harder, when this guy Ron Paul hit the scene, even though Ross Perot, sparked my interest earlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 09:18 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think a viable 3rd party presidential candidate would be one of the best things that could happen for this country. Even if I didn't particularly care for the whole platform, if someone had a legitimate chance of victory they'd get my vote as long as I believed they'd thumb their nose at both major parties.

I don't do the FB thingie but never hesitate E-mailing my Senators and Rep both questions and comments. The inanity and outright self-aggrandizing BS of some of their replies are gold, I hope to paper a bath room with them some day.
Yeah, I agree with you, but fear its a wasted vote on my part, cuz not many Americans think like you and I do....but feel it would be a great improvement....

I jump back and forth between this guy and Cruz....I liked Cruz, years ago....but he's getting cocky and had slammed the dems, and made jokes about them, which doesn't really in my mind seperate him from other bad politicians....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies