Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 06:48 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times

Advertisements

"Hands up, don't shoot"
Burn that *** down

Old 03-23-2015, 07:21 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Are you claiming that the band is not a Christian band?
I Never said that, the premise of the OPs thread is that this band "IS CHRISTIAN" therefore all Christians.....can you follow that....

Now, take what I just said to what my other post was, here let me help you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee
Yes and the Westboro baptist church make everyone baptist just like those guys.....

If that is true, then all dems are for human trafficking because warren voted against the human trafficking bill...

Old 03-23-2015, 07:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I Never said that, the premise of the OPs thread is that this band "IS CHRISTIAN" therefore all Christians.....can you follow that....

Now, take what I just said to what my other post was, here let me help you:
It seems that I missed the part where the OP said anything about any other Christians but the band. Maybe you can point that part out for me.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:58 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
Just give me that old time religion!

Old 03-23-2015, 08:02 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
I'm just laughing at the fact that it happened in Cottonwood. LMAO...nothing ever happens there.

This has gotta be the biggest news story in the history of that town...better known as that spot in the road on the way to Flagstaff or Sedona.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
It seems that I missed the part where the OP said anything about any other Christians but the band. Maybe you can point that part out for me.
That's the point, he did not point ANYTHING out....just "Christians" which you fail to realize...

Old 03-24-2015, 06:39 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
That's the point, he did not point ANYTHING out....just "Christians" which you fail to realize...
Actually if you read the post it is directly quoted from the news report, and from the band themselves. The only place that Christian is mentioned at all is in the title which says "Christian BAND" Not "ALL Christians" or even "Christians".

Old 03-24-2015, 06:41 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
How does an unknown street band with unknown members qualify as a "Christian" band? Christian bands are legal, reputable, entities backed by both major and indie labels. These young people weren't known to anyone outside of their own neighborhood much less the Christian music industry.
What odd criteria.

They self-identified as such.

The group that used to play at my church wasn't known outside our neighborhood nor were they backed by a label, but I assure you, they were a Christian band.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Actually if you read the post it is directly quoted from the news report, and from the band themselves. The only place that Christian is mentioned at all is in the title which says "Christian BAND" Not "ALL Christians" or even "Christians".
I did read it, and no it's not...here, let me post the entire link for you:

Why should "Christian" even be in the title? What is the purpose of it?

It's kinda like when the media talks about a DEM, they never say (D) but when a repub is talked about that's at the top of the page...

Quote:
COTTONWOOD, ARIZONA (KIVI-KNIN)—New details are emerging in a weekend shooting in Arizona that left one dead -- and involved at least eight Treasure Valley residents.
Ruth Gaver, 52, Peter Gaver, 55, Nathaniel Gaver, 27, and Jeremiah Gaver, 28, all of Boise are being held in the Yavapai County Jail on several charges including assault on a law enforcement officer, assault and hindering prosecution.
The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office has identified Enoch Gaver who was shot and killed during the struggle.
David Gaver is currently hospitalized after being shot in the abdomen.
According to reports, around 11:50 p.m. on Saturday, March 21st, the Cottonwood Police Department received a call from the Cottonwood Wal-Mart that a female employee had been assaulted by “multiple suspects.”
Officers arrived on the scene and were attacked by several individuals. During the fight, one of the officers received a gunshot wound into his leg.
According to Arizona Department of Public Safety spokesman Bart Graves, investigators believe that three shots were fired and officers struggled with a suspect when the gun discharged.
The Gavers were believed to have been living in a large camper in the parking lot for several days prior to the incident.
On Your Side has learned the family members comprised a local band known as Matthew 24 Now. According to the band’s Facebook page, Peter Gaver and his sons, Jeremiah and Nathan, are members of the band.
Matthew 24 Now has also been known as “Busking In The Son” and is known to have played music on the sidewalks near the Albertsons store on 17th and State Streets in Boise.
Two juveniles from the Gaver family are also in custody at the Prescott Juvenile Detention Center.
Peter, Nathaniel, Ruth and Jeremiah will appear in court on March 31, 2015.
Maybe you can show me where it says "Christian."

Old 03-24-2015, 07:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Matthew 24? Uh lemme guess some sort of crazy prophetic street performers warning about the end of times.

Christian Band? Uh no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies