Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:56 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
All those crappy laws the progressive movement brought us need to go.

40 hour work week..
Overtime Pay...
Child work laws...
Anti Trust legislation which broke up the monopolies...

Go crawl back to your hole Tea Bagger.
Created vast unemployment for Blacks with racist Minimum Wage law...
Eliminated 40% of the Black population by targeting Blacks for abortions...
Created the "science" of Eugenics espousing mandatory sterilization for poor and minority's...
Globalization to benefit Corporations and ship Middle Class jobs overseas...
Domestic spying, secret kill lists, extending the Patriot Act, indefinite detentions, strip searches of children/elderly at airports, drones on US soil, rounding up of war protesters, clubbing/macing anti-corporate protesters...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 12:25 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Precisely why the "Progressives" (which includes all Democrats) hate the 'Tea Party' and anyone who describes themselves as "Conservative," and especially Ted Cruz, who has them wetting their pants now that he has announced he's running.

The "Progressives" are losing ground, and they know it. They are panicked. This is why the increase in the smears against all Republicans, but especially those who lean further right; i.e., the Constitutionalists.

"Progressives" hate the Constitution, because they think it is "outdated" and not suitable for the modern era, which is why they began referring to it (beginning with Woodrow Wilson) as a "living document," which allows them to interpret it in any way that suits them. The Constitution limits the power of the State, which is anathema to them, because "Progressives" are collectivists who believe that the government should be used to affect social change ("social justice," "economic equality," "economic justice," etc.). They believe government "experts" should be employed to determine the needs of society, and manipulate the economy through monetary policy and regulations to achieve what they deem best.

But, "Progressivism" is in direct opposition to human nature, the desire of the individual to determine his own path (self determination), and do what he thinks best for him (Liberty). Indeed, "Progressivism" is an oppressive ideology, which stifles human achievement.

Human achievement is maximized when Liberty is maximized. Where there is limited Liberty, there is also limited entrepreneurship, an economy languishes and there is civil unrest.

The American Dream is the freedom to self determination, and the opportunity to rise to whatever level ones education, skills, and drive for success will take them. I believe there is a renewed awareness in America of the false hope that "Progressives" like Obama and the Democrats are peddling.

Ted Cruz sure as hell doesn't have me pissing in my pants. In fact Ted Cruz entering has me laughing my ass off and jumping up and down. I would love to see Cruz be the Republican nominee. What a great day for Democrats that would be.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:40 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ted Cruz sure as hell doesn't have me pissing in my pants. In fact Ted Cruz entering has me laughing my ass off and jumping up and down. I would love to see Cruz be the Republican nominee. What a great day for Democrats that would be.
You're scared as hell by Ted Cruz and anyone who supports him.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:51 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I just remind them I'm a straight, white, American male.
Like Joe Biden!

Old 03-24-2015, 12:52 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Ted Cruz, who has them wetting their pants now that he has announced he's running.
From laughter, not from fear.

But then I wouldn't expect someone who adheres to a fear-based ideology to comprehend the difference.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:00 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,673 times
Quote:
Ted Cruz, who has them wetting their pants now that he has announced he's running.
Quote:
Nope.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:09 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Constitution has been under assault, since the day it was ratified.
Those wanting ultimate power have viewed it as an obstacle. Those with enough money and already in power, believe it doesn't apply to them.

The Progressive Era in the early 1900's, kicked off the most aggressive attack of the US Constitution and freedom that made this nation the place all other wished to be.

Now we are an "also ran". We no longer lead the way and set an example in the world, of freedom & liberty. The USA has become an oppressive nation, with laws and regulations of every aspect of life.

If Progressives are screaming and screeching you have to be on the right path , to make the battle scars worth it.
Stop behaving like a criminal, and the law will cease to affect every aspect of your life.

For those of us who are law-abiding citizens, we don't feel the same pinch as you do.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
I don't get the point of this thread.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah, like I'm scared of a rabid dog. I'd shoot the dog. No worries with Cruz; he'll shoot himself.

You remind me of my ex-wife. She was quick to tell others how they feel, as well. Good luck with that.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I don't get the point of this thread.
Here's a clue: It comes in red and white, and is sold in corked bottles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies