Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 09:52 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
That's fine, as long as parents pick up the tab when their teens have a baby instead of dumping them on the taxpayer.

Are you going to tell me when a conservative's teen has a baby they don't send them down to sign up for government assistance?

I don't know, do you?

all I know is the party that wants to expand government assistance on personal responsibility is the Democrat Party.....or are you going to challenge that too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
but as a father I would like a voice and be heard if my wife wants to have unlimited abortions for no valid reason.

Women are part of the country and are mothers, wives, sisters and friends of men that die in combat and should have a say in any debate.

Abortions is the termination of a live....that is a future son, daughter, brother, sister, grandson that wasn't given a chance to live....you don't have to be a woman to debate about it.
If the man gets a voice......who gets the deciding vote? The man or the woman?

14,204 posts, read 12,273,334 times
Quote:
I never defended the Republican Party.....I vote for candidates not on party lines.

there you go again, ending a life is a "right".....lol
Mmmhmmm. Somehow I imagine that they all happen to have an R behind their name though . Kind of like the tea party claiming they aren't a wing of the Republican Party yet only supporting Republican candidates. Yes, having an abortion is a right.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:55 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
tell me what you need to know more about sex and getting pregnant? what else you need to know?....you need George Lucas to come in an explain it with visual effects and 3D and THX sound?

its a personal responsibility that should start in the home.....that's not the responsibility of the government....but that's the difference between the liberal mentality...the government has to pay for everything and tell you what is what.
education starts at an early age. plenty of parents do not tell their children anything about sex. it isn't 1950 anymore we no longer get our "facts" on the playground. once you know that 2+2 equals, doesn't mean you have all the facts you need to know.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
but as a father I would like a voice and be heard if my wife wants to have unlimited abortions for no valid reason.

Women are part of the country and are mothers, wives, sisters and friends of men that die in combat and should have a say in any debate.

Abortions is the termination of a life....that is a future son, daughter, brother, sister, grandson that wasn't given a chance to live....you don't have to be a woman to debate about it.
As I said, they were barred by law. You are trying to compare apples to oranges here. You have plenty of say on the subject already. You can choose to wear a condom, engage in meaningful discussions regarding birth control, or refuse to have sex when you are your mate are not protected. Once she is pregnant though, you lose the ultimate vote because you don't have to handle the rigors of a pregnancy. It's never going to be the same, as much as you might think it is.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:57 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is it with the Republican hard line abortion rights?

This is what I want to hear from a Candidate, "I am personally pro life but I believe in a womans right to choose and will uphold that Right."
What is it with people who ignore logic and the Supreme Court?

What you want to hear is immaterial and irrelevant.

The facts are:

the Supreme Court defines death as the absence of brainwaves
there are no brainwaves in the fetus during the first 12-14 weeks

Logically then, since the fetus is living, but not alive, an abortion is permissible.

Once brainwaves start, the fetus is alive -- it is a sentient being aware of its own existence.

And at that point, abortion is murder.

A woman has 13 weeks to choose.

That's long enough...

Mircea

Old 03-25-2015, 09:57 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
the law says the woman.....that doesn't mean the men have to shut up and not be open for debate.

if you believe life begins at conception and that we have too many abortions on demand in our country for no valid reason and a lack of personal responsibility, you should speak up and debate it.

I'm not going to vote for a Presidential candidate on that issue...or because the candidate is pro life or pro choice.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:00 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
I don't know, do you?

all I know is the party that wants to expand government assistance on personal responsibility is the Democrat Party.....or are you going to challenge that too?

don't play dumb. welfare recipients and women who get abortions cross all party lines. republican women. ultra conservative women as well as women who have no interest in politics at all.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:01 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,035,430 times
Quote:
I don't know, do you?

The Democratic Party is the one who knows "just say no" doesn't work.

The Democratic Party knows the answer is to attack the root of the problem, education and easy access, instead of closing down clinics.

The Republicans? What is their plan when just say no doesn't work? Let the children of the irresponsible beg in the streets like they do in third world countries?

Guess what? It doesn't work. Even when children are starving people still have more.

How about concentrating on education, access and jobs instead of trying to stop people from having sex.....a losing proposition if there ever was one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies