Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 09:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

How can this be difficult to understand.

Many on the left see the fetus as cells and not a person, those who are against abortion believe its a living person and murder is wrong. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 09:53 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
no woman in america should be forced against her will to carry to term, labor, deliver, either raise or give up a child.
I get it you condone infanticide as a form of legal contraception.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
not many people are so dumb they do not believe a fetus isn't human.
Weird, I believe that was the argument used to justify abortion to the Supreme Court..

if you are now saying its human, than abortion would be unconstitutional, given our life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness being denied

Old 03-24-2015, 09:57 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I get it you condone infanticide as a form of legal contraception.
abortion is not infanticide. you need a dictionary. FYI I do not support infanticide.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:58 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Weird, I believe that was the argument used to justify abortion to the Supreme Court..

if you are now saying its human, than abortion would be unconstitutional, given our life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness being denied
the argument was based on privacy issues.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
abortion is not infanticide. you need a dictionary. FYI I do not support infanticide.
My grand niece was born cesarian three months early because of the risk of the health to my niece. Technically she could have been aborted. That would have been infanticide.

You can hide behind any legality you like to defend your immoral position.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
the argument was based on privacy issues.
A right to privacy would only matter if its not a person. If its a person, and you are allowed to kill it, then you just created grounds that parents should be allowed to abuse their children citing a right to privacy..

As it is, the right to privacy argument was made under Doe v Bolton, and the court actually ruled against unrestricted right to privacy, citing a states interest becomes for important as the child developes. This is why there are third trimester restrictions.

If right to privacy was the motivating issue, then no restrictions would be allowed.

The quote used was

The Court asserted that the government had two competing interests – protecting the mother's health and protecting the "potentiality of human life".

When women are compelled to carry and bear children, they are subjected to 'involuntary servitude' in violation of the Thirteenth Amendment….[E]ven if the woman has stipulated to have consented to the risk of pregnancy, that does not permit the state to force her to remain pregnant.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:17 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
no woman in america should be forced against her will to carry to term, labor, deliver, either raise or give up a child.

Which is why I support abortion in instances of rape or any non-consensual sex that results in pregnancy.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Which is why I support abortion in instances of rape or any non-consensual sex that results in pregnancy.
As do I, as do almost all right to life advocates.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:30 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Romney lost because he was rudderless.
Yep, played safe.

Does anyone else remember 1980 when the conventional wisdom was no way in hell Ronald Reagan would ever win the Presidency because he was far to conservative in his views?

But back to abortion.

All human life is sanct and has value.

A fetus is a human life and to kill it is to commit murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies