Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2015, 02:27 PM

920 posts, read 633,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
RvW is the law.

I never said it wasn't. , I further stated that if Cruz is elected President, he (unlike the current resident of the US) would not bypass the law, but would uphold it, as required by the oath of office.

I don't believe he will but if Cruz won all of that would again be a concern for them.
I remember when I was indoctrinated into progressive thinking...all I worried about was abortion, abortion, abortion. My mother (a conservative) told me that R v W was never going away. That was over 30 years ago.

Luckily, my brain cells were not permanently destroyed in college, so I was able to regain my ability to think for myself and apply logic and common sense in my thinking.

The left continually whines that the right is always fear mongering about war, yet they are even bigger hypocrites when it comes to fear mongering about abortion and birth control and civil rights.

I love how democrat women don't see that the democrat party panders only to their uterus and genitalia. That is what the "feminist left" thinks about women...they are only concerned with being able to sleep around and kill any resulting baby. Talk about diminishing the value of a woman!

Apparently, left leaning women don't care about national security (if HRC is any indication, that must be true) or privacy from the NSA and IRS, or the corrupt government bureaucracy, or feeding their families and getting ahead in life...nope, just keep telling them that they will have to pay for their own BC and won't be able to stop at the local PP for an abortion any time during their pregnancy and they vote straight D every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This is a Hot Topic and I like a good debate but the personal attacks? If you don't like what I wrote then please stop reading it. The last time I checked this was still a free country and I am entitled to my opinion. There is to be no reading between the lines and making stuff up. If you want to simply read what I wrote and express your opinion without the personal attacks.

Romney lost for many reasons but one of those was his Pro Life Stance. The Dems took it and ran to the extreme with it. I remember seeing online ads where women had written slogans on their stomaches such as "hands off my womb" .
The average American voter does not realise that reversing Roe V Wade would be next to impossible but all it takes to demonise the conservative candidate is for the Dems. to create a sound bite that suggests otherwise.
My thoughts to prevent this type of attack on the Rep. candidate from the left is to simply have him clarify his own belief and make sure it will be a non issue in the election.

Words can be used as weapons against you and all I am saying is why give your opponent ammunition.

The left relies only on Alinkyite campaigning. Nothing a Conservative candidate says is beyond ridicule and hyperbole when it comes to democrat campaigns. One only needs to read the coverage by MSM of his announcement to see that the progressive media does not report the news, but slants it and uses terminology to "lead" the listener or reader to what they are supposed think, instead of reporting what happened and allowing readers/listeners to think for themselves.

Romney has always surrounded himself, in business and in his campaign, with bright and energetic women, but the MSM took his blooper re: "binder full of women" and turned it into a whole "war on women" - yet what was reported of Obama "shhing" a reporter and calling her sweetie? How demeaning is that? A book about his administration even cites women who work in the administration complaining that it is a hostile working environment for women!

But, all the indoctrinated left can do is parrot "binder full of women"....

Old 03-24-2015, 02:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No one special. Don't need to be, though.

Right wing gathering places like this one.

Now now. This place has rules about that sort of thing.
Quote:
Ah. Liar, incompetent, tsk tsk. If you weren't a right-winger, you'd be given a time out for that sort of thing. Anyway, here's my argument; women should be free to have children or not as they see fit regardless of how many right-wingers she upsets. How you feel matters not a tinker's dam to me.
If it matters not a tinker's damn then don't try to tell me that you know better what I think than I do. That's pretty simple, isn't it?

I don't tell you what your true motivations are, so quit trying to tell me what mine are.

If you want to oppose abortion bans, that's fine. Oppose them. But don't do it by demonizing people who don't agree with you.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-25-2015 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: TOS violations

Old 03-24-2015, 02:55 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
The left relies only on Alinkyite campaigning. Nothing a Conservative candidate says is beyond ridicule and hyperbole when it comes to democrat campaigns. One only needs to read the coverage by MSM of his announcement to see that the progressive media does not report the news, but slants it and uses terminology to "lead" the listener or reader to what they are supposed think, instead of reporting what happened and allowing readers/listeners to think for themselves.

Romney has always surrounded himself, in business and in his campaign, with bright and energetic women, but the MSM took his blooper re: "binder full of women" and turned it into a whole "war on women" - yet what was reported of Obama "shhing" a reporter and calling her sweetie? How demeaning is that? A book about his administration even cites women who work in the administration complaining that it is a hostile working environment for women!

But, all the indoctrinated left can do is parrot "binder full of women"....
Yes, that quote about binders full of women was one of the most stupid and overblown things to come out of liberals during that election. I can't believe any woman with a modicum of intelligence was offended by Romney's remark.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:02 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
meanwhile, Sally Kohn goes bowling to raise money for more abortions.
https://twitter.com/search?q=sally+kohn&mode=news

Old 03-24-2015, 03:03 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Good for you, but as a man your opinion doesn't really matter now does it?
It's funny how many women use that line. Guess what happens when it comes to making decisions to send combat troops, who are only men, into harms way? Then, as mothers and sisters and friends and members of society, they want their opinions to be heard.

It's sorta along the same lines as how the women's groups fought long and hard to make it discrimination to charge women more for health insurance than men. But men being charged more for life and auto insurance than women? That's perfectly fine.

So, really, the "principle" that you just used is a partisan excuse to get what you want. It isn't a principle at all.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:05 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
meanwhile, Sally Kohn goes bowling to raise money for more abortions.
https://twitter.com/search?q=sally+kohn&mode=news
Replusive woman.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:05 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is it with Republican candidates that have been emerging that they need to draw such a hard line against abortion rights? In 2012 it was part of what cost Romney the election. He took a stand against a womans right to choose and suddenly he was launching a "War on Women" taking away their right to choose. I remember seeing women with slogans painted on their bellies "hands off my womb" etc..

Yesterday I heard a snippet from a Rep. candidate annoucing his running.
His 3 talking points:
Immigration. Good. We need to stem the tide at the border.
Obamacare. Good. we need to take another look at that.
Abortion. WHAT! NO NO NO

A conservative politician puts the fear into most women that they will repeal Roe V Wade. This is not in tune with the younger generation of voters and spells dome for a candidate in this day and age.

Why can't a politician be honest and if they are pro life than say so but don't put the fear into voters that if elected you will be coming after their reproductive rights. I can't think of a more terrible personal decision a woman has to face over an unplanned, unwanted pregnancy?? Gov. should stay out of it.

This is what I want to hear from a Candidate, "I am personally pro life but I believe in a womans right to choose and will uphold that Right."

To all the Conservative candidates do not torpedo your presidential run.
Do you realize that abortion is a judicial decision NOT a political one? The stance of any candidate doesn't matter a hill of beans. The courts decide this one. It's only an issue when voting for judges.

I do not get why people decide who to vote for based on issues that the person they're voting for does not control.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is exactly why this issue is such a joke when espoused by right wingers. They only love the fetuses. Once it's born it is automatically reclassified as a "mooch, leech, or a taker" and whose mother is labeled a "breeder" by many on this very forum. They are loathe to allow support for the real live child all the while crying crocodile tears for the poor zygotes.

Proof again that progressives are told WHAT to think, not HOW to think!

Let me Bing that for you!

New Beginnings offers a variety of programs for our mothers to help them adjust and grow in the many skills needed to transition into a healthy, thriving home of their own:
  • Spiritual Guidance – Learn more about God who created your life and the life of your baby and how God loves you so much.
  • Counseling Assistance – Talk with people who can help you sort through the challenges you are facing in life.
  • Family Skills – Learn how to be an outstanding mother for your child as you take on this new responsibility of being a parent.
  • Financial Management – Learn skills to establishing a family budget that provides for your needs now and into the future.
  • Personal Growth/Social Skills – Learn to care for yourself and to work well with others.
  • Academic Improvement – Get your GED or pursue more schooling to qualify for employment in your desired profession.

Also: ANOTHER HOME FOR UNWED MOTHERS....

[LEFT]In addition to housing and basic needs, the services provided at Morningstar include:
  • Parenting classes
  • Birthing classes
  • Various life skills classes
  • Assistance with doctor appointments
  • Help with obtaining medical assistance
  • Enrollment in the local school district
  • Earning a GED
  • Finding employment
  • Researching suitable housing
[/LEFT]

Now can you progressives find another myth to wrongly argue about?

Old 03-24-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What is it with the Republican hard line abortion rights?

It's a CA$H Cow to them.

To me it just shows their desire for more government interference despite claims to the contrary.

Just as abortion is a Ca$h Cow for Democrat financial supporters Planned Parenthood!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies