Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 11:34 AM

920 posts, read 633,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Since when did a president's right to use executive orders become illegal? I'm not saying I agree with it (because I don't) but he isn't breaking any laws.

Yes he is.

Federal Judge Orders Investigation into Obama Administration

The judge has already taken steps to block any further advancement of Obama's amnesty after determining that he was in violation of the federal government's rule-making process.

Obama dealt series of setbacks on immigration, takes fire from all sides - Washington Times

Also Thursday, the federal judge who has temporarily halted Mr. Obama’s amnesty threatened further sanctions against the president’s attorneys, questioning whether they misled him by saying they hadn’t put any of the amnesty into action — even though they had been approving the so-called Dreamers under one part of the expanded program.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:36 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Since, if you do not obtain an Obamacare APPROVED plan, you are subject to TAX Penalties...the IRS can penalize you for failure to pay taxes, up to and including putting you in jail. Federal Employees' health plans are from Obamacare. Those are the only plans available in DC.
Yes, all plans have to be ACA-compliant, but, not all federal employees have to buy through the exchanges.

Many federal employees are still on plans that were in existence prior to passage of the ACA. For example, military families are still insured via Tricare.

Other federal employees are covered by FEHB plans. This was also in place prior to passage of the ACA.
The President is insured under one of these plans.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:41 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Hmm. Interesting website you linked to.
Here, try this website for the Patient Care Act, which is all queued up to be the Republican replacement plan for Obamacare when it gets gutted by the Supreme Court over the next three months:

https://energycommerce.house.gov/icy...80%99re-saying

Of course the Obamabots won't like it, because, well, anything that is not Obamacare they won't like. And of course this proposal does not have the massive government overreach built in that the left likes so well.

But Obamacare will be a gutted shell and a replacement will be needed. With the Republicans in charge and Obamacare being as unpopular as ever, if we are going to have a replacement, the left will have to get on board with the idea that it is not going to be very much like Obamacare at all.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sorry, lori, but the majority of Americans blame the GOP for the shutdown. Google is your friend. Check it out.

But you probably won't because you know it to be true. It really sucks when you shutdown the government to score political points and then try to blame it on the other side, but everyone recognizes the truth and puts the blame where it belongs, on the guys who actually shut down the government. And that's what Americans did--they put the blame squarely where it belonged, on the Republicans.

Oh, if only all Americans were as gullible as the Tea Party and believed everything Republicans and the rightwing talking heads said.
Google is no one's friend. It is a left leaning search engine designed to pull up MSM reporting. The shutdown was over the Democrats' refusal to fund the Government without funding Ocare. That is the fact. No one can help someone understand, if they refuse to accept the FACTS.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:46 AM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So Cruz is losing health insurance (per HeyJude) and then re-signing back up under ACA, where I'm sure he'll pay full price and not get a subsidy, and you guys are claiming this as win, even though the net increase in insured =

ZERO..

This is an example of EXACTLY what took place.. Millions lost policies, and then resigned back up, and your side counts it as a newly insured "positive".

Meanwhile 30 million are still going without insurance despite demands that ACA get passed to insure every american.
BBM~~ Actually..Cruz will NOT pay 100% as he will get 75% of his premium paid by his employer..which is the Federal Government... BTW~~ for Cruz..his premium part is 5% higher since his wife's employer WAS paying 80%.

I have no idea where you are getting all these #### like 30 million....Pooint is there a millions ( and I won't speculate how many) who now have HC coverage that did NOT have it previous...Who care's IMO..Those who can afford it without subsidy are the lucky ones...BUT those that never could afford it prior to ACA and it's subsidy scale applicable are greatful...Now that means..ALL those millions of HC coverage will NOT be a burden to Taxpayers by utilizing Emergency rooms and treatments...NOW that they have Insurance Company policies that PAY for their care....Get out your calculator to figure out the saving to the Taxpayer

Old 03-25-2015, 11:46 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Nice try, but even minimally informed democrats cannot deny that Cruz is a brilliant legal mind, an award winning debater and as Solicitor General of Texas, never lost a single case he argued before the Supreme Court. But keep laughing!

Here you go punkin pants:

Ted Cruz birth certificate released | Senator born in Canada, U.S. citizen | Dallas Morning News
Hahah, even Megyn Kelly asked him what he's acctually accomplished. And anyone can see that birth certificate is fake. Rafael likely born in Cuba and smuggled into Canada to suck up all the benefits.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:49 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Hi, I don't think we are really disagreeing here except I do not consider an insurance plan that is compliant with the ACA to be an ACA plan. You cannot call the insurance plan that Goldman Sach provides an ACA or Obamacare plan. UNLESS, using your logic, you call ALL insurance plans Obamacare b/c they have to be in compliance with the program. That means, if I go out and purchase an individual plan directly from Kaiser then that is Obamacare even though I receive no subsidies or premium shares. That is, I pay the full premium out of pocket. BTW, ER means Employer.

I'm making this point b/c there is a lot of misinformation out there and I think you get it but others do not understand what you are saying. Anyway, I think I'm done here. Cheers...
ACA/ Obamacare is legislation, not insurance.

Unless a healthcare plan has been temporarily grandfathered ( a state decision) it must be compliant with the ACA/ Obamacare legislation. This applies to group and individual plans. For all intents and purposes, almost all healthcare insurance is compliant with the ACA/ Obamacare.

The public " Obamacare" state/ federal exchanges are portals , not insurance, that allows consumers to compare and contrast ACA compliant plans and, if they choose, enroll. Use of an exchange does not automatically mean the consumer qualifies for a credit/ subsidy. The exchange will determine, based on data from your prior tax return and projected income, if you may qualify for a credit/ subsidy.

There's 5 years of misinformation, much of it intentional and politically motivated, out there. It surfaces on threads like this.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Has Sen. Cruz stated that he won't take advantage of the 80% subsidy supplied by his employer?

Who in their right mind would do that?

Yes he has. Ted Cruz going on Obamacare - CNN.com

"I strongly oppose the exemption that President Obama illegally put in place for members of Congress because (Senate Minority Leader) Harry Reid and the Senate Democrats didn't want to be under the same rules as the American people," Cruz said, before repeating: "I believe we should follow the text of the law."

Someone who doesn't believe he is above the law.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:51 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,335 times
Quote:
Google is no one's friend. It is a left leaning search engine designed to pull up MSM reporting. The shutdown was over the Democrats' refusal to fund the Government without funding Ocare. That is the fact. No one can help someone understand, if they refuse to accept the FACTS.
TIL search algorithms were left wing.

I'm sure somewhere there exists a search engine that only returns links to conspiracy blogs, Conservapedia, and World Net Daily. But could you find that engine using Google????

Old 03-25-2015, 11:51 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Nope. What we are saying is that for once a loud-mouthed Republican should live by the principles they espouse. I think Cruz can afford to pay for his family's health insurance. You know, personal responsibility and all that, not sucking on the government teet,....
Why would anyone decline an employer's subsidy?

Should Cruz decline his compensation?

Should Cruz also decline his pension, 401K matching, retirement medical because his employer happens to be the federal government?

Should he sleep on the floor of his office to save his state some $.

Should he take Greyhound instead of a flight as he commutes between DC and Houston to save his state some $?

Should he reduce / eliminate his staff size to save his state some $ ?

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 03-25-2015 at 12:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies