Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 07:59 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,891,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
People like you are why things are so messed up. Qualified shmalified I just want my side to win.
More like I want the other side to lose, especially when it comes to the White House. I want someone there with a veto pen when the rightwing crazies are attempting to gut Medicare, privatize Social Security, pass draconian abortion laws, dismantle health care or take the country into yet another war in the Middle East because it fulfills some Christian fundamentalist prophesy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 08:06 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,117,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
More like I want the other side to lose, especially when it comes to the White House. I want someone there with a veto pen when the rightwing crazies are attempting to gut Medicare, privatize Social Security, pass draconian abortion laws, dismantle health care or take the country into yet another war in the Middle East because it fulfills some Christian fundamentalist prophesy.
Hilary voted for the invasion of Iraq. Now, what? All of the sudden she's a peacenik?

Old 03-31-2015, 08:14 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,777,083 times
I for one welcome our new Madam President and the First Gentleman.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:04 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,553,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
I am a fairly liberal Democrat. I will say Hillary is a scary, corporatist, pro war candidate. She is the most qualified if you want war, and want all the money in society flowed up to the 1%.
Ditto.

I don't know who my vote will be for next November, but this liberal Independent will not be casting a vote for Hlilary Clinton.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Hilary voted for the invasion of Iraq. Now, what? All of the sudden she's a peacenik?
A lot of other smart people, people like Colin Powell, were also duped by the false evidence created by the previous Republican administration to lie us into war. Just as they are doing presently, with their saber rattling regarding Iran, which is reason enough to keep a Republican out of the White House. And which is also why if Hillary is the Democratic nominee, I will definitely vote for her.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
A lot of other smart people, people like Colin Powell, were also duped by the false evidence created by the previous Republican administration to lie us into war. Just as they are doing presently, with their saber rattling regarding Iran, which is reason enough to keep a Republican out of the White House. And which is also why if Hillary is the Democratic nominee, I will definitely vote for her.
I'm not convinced that Powell fully believed the nonsense about weapons of mass destruction, etc. I think it more likely he was just being the good soldier and supporting his commander-in-chief.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm not convinced that Powell fully believed the nonsense about weapons of mass destruction, etc. I think it more likely he was just being the good soldier and supporting his commander-in-chief.
Not so:

“Yes, a blot, a failure will always be attached to me and my UN presentation,” the former U.S. secretary of state writes in a new book of leadership parables that draws frequently on his Iraq war experience. “I am mad mostly at myself for not having smelled the problem. My instincts failed me.”

Colin Powell Says Iraq

He bought the lies, just like the rest Congress, on both sides of the aisle, did. You can't label Hillary as not being smart enough to see through the lies without labeling all of the Republican party as not being smart enough, either.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Not so:

“Yes, a blot, a failure will always be attached to me and my UN presentation,” the former U.S. secretary of state writes in a new book of leadership parables that draws frequently on his Iraq war experience. “I am mad mostly at myself for not having smelled the problem. My instincts failed me.”

Colin Powell Says Iraq

He bought the lies, just like the rest Congress, on both sides of the aisle, did. You can't label Hillary as not being smart enough to see through the lies without labeling all of the Republican party as not being smart enough, either.
I don't have a problem with that. I'm not a fan of the repubs either. Alot of people on the left and the right bought the snake oil.

Last edited by r small; 03-31-2015 at 09:55 AM..

Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 AM

23,608 posts, read 17,290,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'll only go so far as to say that she's more qualified than any Republican on deck.

She may not be the most qualified Democrat, but that's secondary to voting for who can win. I can't take a chance on voting for a more qualified Democrat that would lose to a Republican. Can't and won't do it.
Difficult to argue HRC is qualified or even most qualified. So sad to think people will vote for her as if she accumulated enough 'time on the job' to have value. This is the same strategy the teachers union use to judge the value of teachers. Performance does not matter, time on the job is the reference point. If you can hang on, no matter how well qualified, you get tenure.

The sniper fire lie or the video lie doesn't weigh in on your decision?

So we elect another candidate who demonstrates a pattern of lies complete with a shadowy reputation, and of course an obligatory lawyer, and wonder why the country is going down the tube. The country needs someone with a solid ethical foundation be it dem or repub, in theory.

However, as you stated, you want the dem machine over the repub machine at the cost of hiring an unqualified candidate. This is precisely why the country is so divided. The sytem, makes the choice almost irrelevant while the candidate matters not. It is the system that has evolved to be unshakable while waving attractive candidates as a false flag.

Given that Obama admin has been a absolute disaster, ethically, economically and socially, it is easy to understand the life or death attitude in politics that has never before been so prominent since perhaps the civil war. I digress and apologize, but have to say Obama's legacy will be a long line of latent criminal charges baked in a souffle of lies and low life unethical behavior.

Not to worry though, Elizabeth Warren will replace HRC at the last minute.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:07 AM

One more thing regarding Powell. He shows alot of integrity and class by admitting he was wrong. Has Hilary ever said anything similar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies