Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 09:53 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What I'm saying is I object to a plan that caused me to lose PRIVATE care that I liked, and now put me on a public policy that creates "mooches",
If you qualify for free healthcare then you are so far below the poverty line that you make too little to have ever afforded private healthcare. Which means you're probably sucking up lots of other government benefits, too.

But come on, pgh, put your money where you mouth is and give up your nice, 100% taxpayer subsidized, completely free to you healthcare. Stand on your principles.

Ha! Like that will ever happen. You will hang onto your freebies with both hands, sucking away on the taxpayer's dime while labeling everyone else as leeches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 09:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You can't compare a country as large and as economically diverse as the US to the small, more homogenous countries where single payer works. If you are pushing for this type of system in the US then you need to be able to show some evidence that it can work here as well.

The old system was not working and it's still not working with the ACA. I agree that we need to completely gut things and start from scratch.
I dont know if a single payer system wouldnt work here as well, the problem of course is the government has a history of underpaying claims, so if everyone moved to a single payer, there would be a reduction in services available from the hospitals.

We already see some hospitals going bankrupt.

from a consumers standpoint though, it might actually make economic sense, provided of course EVERYONE pays..

I'm just not naive enough to believe everyone will pay, just look at people whining because they had to pay, and they think its fantastic now that they dont.

Screw everyone else, they can die.. They got theirs!!

Old 03-28-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Screw everyone else, they can die.. They got theirs!!
Says the guy getting his healthcare completely free.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
If you qualify for free healthcare then you are so far below the poverty line that you make too little to have ever afforded private healthcare. Which means you're probably sucking up lots of other government benefits, too.
Thats a lot of assumptions you made there for the point of changing the discussion. I had catastrophic policies with $100K deductible, which I COULD afford. The payments were reasonable, and I had enough wealth to pay for the deductible if needed.

These policies no longer exist, and I cant afford the premiums now created by ACA..

If ACA reduced costs, then why are the subsidies expected to skyrocket over the next 10 years? CAN YOU ANSWER?
Quote:
But come on, pgh, put your money where you mouth is and give up your nice, 100% taxpayer subsidized, completely free to you healthcare. Stand on your principles.
My principles were never to go without some type of insurance, thats just something you imagined. Thanks to YOU, backing POS legislations, I've got little other options.
Quote:
Ha! Like that will ever happen. You will hang onto your freebies with both hands, sucking away on the taxpayer's dime while labeling everyone else as leeches.
THIRTY MILLION will go without.. We needed to pass ACA to insure EVERYONE..

Will you even address this, of course not.. YOU GOT YOURS, THEY CAN DIE!!!!

Old 03-28-2015, 10:00 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
At least that guy can acknowledge that many people are getting screwed. I can appreciate that acknowledgement because most just call us liars.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I didnt back a dam plan that was supposed to insure every american because it was a "right", and now all of a sudden ok with the fact that they dont have health insurace.

YOU DID!!!!

I want it to become AFFORDABLE.. create policies PEOPLE CAN AFFORD.. Not the need to subsidize the crap out of people..

I LOST MY POLICY because YOU supported this, while you stand here denying anyone was hurt.. The CBO says TEN MILLION of us fall into this category.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:05 AM

Quote:
THIRTY MILLION will go without.. We needed to pass ACA to insure EVERYONE..

Will you even address this, of course not..
I already did in post 67.

Quote:
YOU GOT YOURS, THEY CAN DIE!!!!
That's rich, coming from the guy who admits he is leeching on the system. I'm paying my way. Why aren't you?

Old 03-28-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
At least that guy can acknowledge that many people are getting screwed. I can appreciate that acknowledgement because most just call us liars.
Anyone who is getting subsidized and because of it, denying others are getting screwed, is the problem with this country.

it doesnt matter to them how many people dont have insurance, "its fantastic" that they got theirs..

10 million loosing policies because of ACA (per the CBO report), people like HeyJude runs around claiming its all lies.. no one is being harmed..

They dont care about the 30 million uninsured that was used to justify passing ACA, because "healthcare is a right", well if its a right, ACA FAILED, because 30 million will still go without..

They dont care that costs are projected to skyrocket for the subsidies, proving healthcare costs arent going to drop, because to them, it did drop.

Everyone else can just DIE...

Either we need to insure everyone or we dont..
If we do, ACA is a complete failure
If we dont, then there was no need to pass ACA to begin with..

Either way, the argument of the left falls flat on their face because it doenst do anything promised.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:06 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
You can't compare a country as large and as economically diverse as the US to the small, more homogenous countries where single payer works. If you are pushing for this type of system in the US then you need to be able to show some evidence that it can work here as well.

The old system was not working and it's still not working with the ACA. I agree that we need to completely gut things and start from scratch.
Good, then you agree that Single Payer is the way to go.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I already did in post 67.

That's rich, coming from the guy who admits he is leeching on the system. I'm paying my way. Why aren't you?
Oh this is the SECOND time I'm calling post 67 a LIE.. The CBO said that only affects 2 million individuals not 35 million

TRY AGAIN, this time DONT LIE..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies