Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 07:41 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Hospitals are booming here and are as an industry nationwide. I think what you are referring to is localized in areas with poor economies or just badly managed. The rest of the nation is undergoing an uptick in need for medical services.
you mean areas with poor economies where there are more people on government assistance

Which pretty much backs up exactly what I said?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiseca View Post
Medicaid is going to cover 16 million and the cost to 2025 is $847 billion.
Medicaid in its current form, not expanded by the states, are already projected to cover between 11 and 12 million, so the difference is a few million, not the 35 million liberals are now blaming lack insurance due to a lack of expansion of medicaid.
the latest CBO report shows ACA will cost $280 million less over the next decade, dropping from $1.99 trillion to $1.71 trillion in costs, while insuring 2 million people less..

Thats $140,000 PER INDIVIDUAL.. (over 10 years)..

Last edited by pghquest; 03-31-2015 at 08:45 PM..

Old 03-31-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
There were taxes that were initiated like payroll and medical instruments and then there were cuts to Medicare....This came out to about 1.2 trillion making the expansion revenue neutral. And thanks to the conservative states it will stay revenue neutral. More for the states that expanded and less for those that didn't including hospitals closing in rural areas. Your quality of living if you are in one of those states just took a step down...or maybe everyone else went up.
But the cuts to medicare mean hospitals arent getting money that they normally would have used to cushion the blow for the uninsured. You simply changed how the government paid them, not really reduced anything. And even if you did, then the cuts have to be made somewhere else..

Until they address WHY things are so expensive, they arent fixing anything.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:22 AM

16,538 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
I am hoping with the Greatest Generation and the Silent Generation dying off that the Boomers don't come in expecting everything to be free like the other two generations and essentially bankrupting the country for another 60 days in intensive care. Is this what the Tea Party wants, more intensive care units?
Considering your response to my post, what do you want ?

Old 04-01-2015, 06:31 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Medicaid in its current form, not expanded by the states, are already projected to cover between 11 and 12 million, so the difference is a few million, not the 35 million liberals are now blaming lack insurance due to a lack of expansion of medicaid.
the latest CBO report shows ACA will cost $280 million less over the next decade, dropping from $1.99 trillion to $1.71 trillion in costs, while insuring 2 million people less..

Thats $140,000 PER INDIVIDUAL.. (over 10 years)..
I believe your numbers -- this is staggering! Obama and Gruber really did a job on the people, didn't they.
Feds: 1
Citizens: 0 (can we say -0?)

Old 04-01-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I believe your numbers -- this is staggering! Obama and Gruber really did a job on the people, didn't they.
Feds: 1
Citizens: 0 (can we say -0?)
Its what makes them running around claiming "look its saving more than previously projected", completely laughable.

its saving more than the spending they projected which is still $1.7 TRILLION dollars, and its INSURING less people than previously projected.

Every time they shout "look at the savings", they admit its failing. Its nothing but a talking point because they didnt read the reports like i did, they read some left wing kook news story about all of the reduced expected expenses which kept out that small little detail about less people being insured.

I read the reports, yes I'm boring like that.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:15 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I'm sure you're withering in agony.
Depends if you describe agony as higher insurance rates, higher deductibles, lost the use of my doctor as agony, The democrats brought this agony its on them

Old 04-01-2015, 09:16 AM

191 posts, read 171,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Depends if you describe agony as higher insurance rates, higher deductibles, lost the use of my doctor as agony, The democrats brought this agony its on them
Catherine McMorris Rodgers went trolling for "victims" of the ACA from her conservative base and 10,000 posts later on her Facebook page could hardly find one. Turns out people in her district conservative-Republican are signing up in higher percentages than the liberals in Seattle.

McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare | The Seattle Times

Old 04-01-2015, 09:26 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Catherine McMorris Rodgers went trolling for "victims" of the ACA from her conservative base and 10,000 posts later on her Facebook page could hardly find one. Turns out people in her district conservative-Republican are signing up in higher percentages than the liberals in Seattle.

McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare | The Seattle Times
There many people who do not take their concerns to facebook

Old 04-01-2015, 09:31 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
There many people who do not take their concerns to facebook
If there are millions of people who were hurt by the ACA, as has been claimed in this thread many times, even a rudimentary understanding of statistics would tell you that that would be reflected proportionately on a site set up specifically to tell their stories. But there are few, if any horror stories there, only people talking about how the ACA helped them and their families and friends.

Where are these elusive millions who were crushed by the weight of the ACA? And why are they staying so silent when given the opportunity to speak out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies