Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 11:41 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

COOL

We have been promised a lot of things these last five years that didn't turn out to be the case: death panels, doom, a serious alternative from Republicans in Congress," he said.

Mr. Obama says there are two reasons they can't find an alternative. First, "The Affordable Care Act pretty much was their plan before I adopted it - based on conservative market based principles developed by the Heritage Foundation and supported by Republicans in congress and deployed by a guy named Mitt Romney in Massachusetts to great effect," he said.

"If anybody wants to join us in the spirit of the people who have put aside differences to come here today and help make the law even better, come on board. On the other hand, for folks who are basing their entire political agenda on repealing the law, you've got to explain how kicking millions of families off their insurance is somehow going to make us more free," the president said.

The president did not mention the pending legal challenge to the health care law -- the Supreme Court is still weighing the legality of health care subsidies for millions of consumers in the 34 states on the federal exchange.

Five years in, Obama taunts GOP over Obamacare's success - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 11:45 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
A victory, albeit a small one, for Americans needing healthcare. Thank you Democrats, we'll done!

Old 03-25-2015, 11:50 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
LMAO! People are going to go broke over the ACA like never before. Who in their right minds thinks a 6k+ deductible is good???? Who?????

Old 03-25-2015, 11:57 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
LMAO! People are going to go broke over the ACA like never before. Who in their right minds thinks a 6k+ deductible is good???? Who?????

If you get no treatment until after you fork over the first $6000 in addtion to paying your monthly premiums then that is a "death panel" right there if you only got $5999 in your bank account and the bill is $6000.

REAL insurance is before ObamaNoCare when deductibles were $250 per year.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
30 million americans who were told that we needed to pass ACA in order for them to insure every american, proves it failed at its goal.

ACA subsidies expected to climb 80% over the next decade, proves the promises of cutting costs, proves it failed at its goal.

Yeah, some of the claims were utterly ridiculous made by the right, but to claim its a success, when it wont do ANYTHING it promised to do is laughable.

And lets not even discuss how it was supposed to reduce the deficit, now its projected to add trillions.

Last edited by pghquest; 03-25-2015 at 12:47 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 12:01 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Is this like last year, where he went out and taunted Republicans about exceeding Obamacare signups by a million people, when it turned out he was totally lying and that they actually fell short of the goal, not exceeded it?

I stopped listening after that. Any president that will gloat while knowing his gloat is a complete lie loses every bit of credibility.

He's a sociopath, like a murderer standing there with a bloody knife defiantly yelling he didn't kill that woman. But his cheerleaders continue to cheer, so he doesn't have to worry about being honest.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:03 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
If you get no treatment until after you fork over the first $6000 in addtion to paying your monthly premiums then that is a "death panel" right there if you only got $5999 in your bank account and the bill is $6000.

REAL insurance is before ObamaNoCare when deductibles were $250 per year.
Exactly. How is someone who can't afford the full premium going to afford the 6k? They will go untreated like before but have paid monthly premiums instead of not.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:04 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
People who honestly believe that obamacare has been a success are delusional and have very low standards.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
People who honestly believe that obamacare has been a success are delusional and have very low standards.
Often times they are simply those who receive subsidies and handouts from the government.

At least I'm honest about it, yes I now get free insurance due to ACA, but I had insurance previously. Just changing how its paid for doesnt = a +1 for ACA..

I look at the bigger picture, does it do what we were told it would do..

It does NOTHING we were promised. Ok, it does do away with pre-existing conditions, but we were told that costs would fall because 30 million + would get insurance.

They arent. As I said would happen.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:10 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Often times they are simply those who receive subsidies and handouts from the government.

At least I'm honest about it, yes I now get free insurance due to ACA, but I had insurance previously. Just changing how its paid for doesnt = a +1 for ACA..

I look at the bigger picture, does it do what we were told it would do..

It does NOTHING we were promised. Ok, it does do away with pre-existing conditions, but we were told that costs would fall because 30 million + would get insurance.

They arent. As I said would happen.
So true. Most people who like it either weren't impacted in any way or they are benefiting. I do appreciate the people like you who can see the bigger picture and be honest about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies