Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 10:39 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,137,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Quiz: why have deductibles risen dramatically in the past couple years?
Because private insurance companies find it's a better way to spread the costs. Don't Republicans like the idea of rewarding those who don't use as much healthcare, instead of the takers who are unhealthy and require more medical needs?

Quiz: Healthcare costs have risen more or less slowly since ACA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The CBO says 11 million lost private insurance policies due to ACA

7 million employer based and 4 million private

Are you calling the CBO wrong?
That's what happens when you enact standards..... some plans are so bad they no longer are acceptable.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:42 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,900,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That's pretty rude to call people unintelligent for not wanting to share their personal stories on the Facebook page of a Congresswoman who is not even their representative. It's rude to discount people's experiences and the numbers that support them because of this Facebook thing.
You missed my point. Sorry if I wasn't clear. My contention is that there aren't millions of unhappy people, because if there were, then they would have shown up proportionately on that site. No one did. Statistically, that renders the claim highly unlikely.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
you mean areas with poor economies where there are more people on government assistance

Which pretty much backs up exactly what I said?
Mostly rural areas that are poor and losing population. No hospitals in Austin or Houston closing because the poors/govt aren't reimbursing the hospitals. Perhaps you should clarify and back up your bankruptcy statement as hospitals went bankrupt before ACA too.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:43 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,813,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
That's what happens when you enact standards..... some plans are so bad they no longer are acceptable.
And those" terrible" plans were then slightly tweaked and offered at double the price. That was our experience anyway.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:45 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,813,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You missed my point. Sorry if I wasn't clear. My contention is that there aren't millions of unhappy people, because if there were, then they would have shown up proportionately on that site. No one did. Statistically, that renders the claim highly unlikely.

I guess I just don't take Facebook as seriously as you. I have my own experience with the ACA that has been very negative. I see the numbers reported by the CBO showing how many lost insurance. I see the numbers about how many have gained. I don't see the ACA being much of a success based on my experience with it and the numbers we have seen from official sources.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,900,310 times
Quote:
And those" terrible" plans were then slightly tweaked and offered at double the price. That was our experience anyway.
No, those plans were brought up to the very basic minimum standards required. That they doubled in price means they were probably junk plans that provided little to no actual benefits. When required to provide the simple minimum benefits the true reason that they were so cheap to begin with was exposed.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,252,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Tens of thousands found the page and reported good experiences. Maybe those purported millions who are unhappy aren't intelligent enough to do the same? You would think if there were truly that many who were upset at least a few would have told their stories....
ELEVEN MILLION PEOPLE lost insurance due to ACA per the CBO, and 35 million STILL WITHOUT.

But you wont address it because you dont care about these people..

Old 04-01-2015, 10:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,252,293 times
Quote:
Because private insurance companies find it's a better way to spread the costs. Don't Republicans like the idea of rewarding those who don't use as much healthcare, instead of the takers who are unhealthy and require more medical needs?
We needed to pass ACA to REDUCE the out of pocket expense, remember people couldnt even afford $6 a month birth control pills..
Quote:
Quiz: Healthcare costs have risen more or less slowly since ACA?
Costs have risen more slowly from 2006 - 2013 (last year statistics were available) because THE ECONOMY SUCKED.

if they are expected to stay low, why are the subsidies expected to substantially increase over the next decade, from 60-85% depending on what CBO report you look at?

Old 04-01-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
It doesn't count if they didn't share their experience of losing their insurance on a random (ie, not their own Congress person)Congresswoman's Facebook page. If it is not reported on Facebook, it didn't happen.
I don't think anyone disputes that there are unhappy people, but it's pretty humorous someone set up a facebook page to do just that and it backfired.

But then again, I would think you're intelligent enough to see find the humor in the backfire or maybe you are just another partisan CDer who hates Obama no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies