Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 10:46 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times

Advertisements

A real doctor would know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 11:09 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I doubt that. Neurosurgeons aren't psychiatrists, and he didn't perform any sort of examinations. His claims remind me of the way Inhofe and other right-wing idiots declare climatologists to be frauds without having any sort of evidence or proof of any kind. What's really happening here what always happens. Obama's not a Republican, and that makes right-wingers cry. That's all.
It looks like you're doing a bit of crying yourself.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:12 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
This cannot be overstated.

He may not terrify them because they think he may actually win the Presidency.... but that's almost irrelevant. There is however, a good chance that he would have some role in the next administration if a Republican wins.

What scares the left about Carson is he's an intelligent black conservative. And that pretty much makes him the left's version of the Anitichrist when it comes to role models.

As much as I like Carson, I don't think he stands much chance of getting the nomination. But he could very well be chosen as a VP candidate or be the obvious choice as the next Surgeon General.

I am considered on the left and i have no worries about CARSON at all and i don't know of anyone that does.
Where do you get this made up stuff?

Old 03-26-2015, 11:16 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I support ACA because it requires people with pre-existing conditions to be insured without paying unaffordable rates. I have several friends that are cancer survivors that were uninsurable. Now they have insurance.

I would prefer a Universal Health Insurance system that put price controls on services and drugs while covering all health problems including addictions and abortions. This system would eliminate private health insurance completely with substantial system cost savings by eliminating the private insurers overhead and profit. Let them insure something else like pit bull dog owners.
For some reason, you omit the part about who pays for you and your friend's coverage.
And high risk insured should pay extra, just like drivers with points. It only makes sense, right?

Old 03-26-2015, 11:21 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
I don't know, is he? Can anyone say that they really know who Barack Obama is, what motivates him? I surely can't.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:27 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Psychopath

[sahy-kuh-path]

noun
1. a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc.

Works for me

Old 03-26-2015, 11:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well.................... he is a physician and has the training and knowledge to make that call.
He's a retired neurosurgeon, not a psychiatrist.

By your reckoning, a psychiatrist should be able to perform neurosurgery because he/ she is a physician.

He is pandering to an audience. That's what politicians do.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
For some reason, you omit the part about who pays for you and your friend's coverage.
And high risk insured should pay extra, just like drivers with points. It only makes sense, right?
The behaviors of drivers with points earned those points.

Someone with a brain tumor did not earn it.

Having said this I see no reason why overweight/ obese should not pay higher premiums because their state is choice. Their choices make them more vulnerable to Diabetes, Heart Disease , Stroke and some Cancers

Give all reasonable lead time and then use a waist measure to determine " points" for premiums.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:36 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Dr Carson is an impressive man, but he seems given to hyperbole in this case.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I am considered on the left and i have no worries about CARSON at all and i don't know of anyone that does.
Where do you get this made up stuff?
I am politically agnostic.

Carson is masturbating his ego with a belief he could be nominated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies