Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:34 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times

Advertisements

This all amazes me as well. You can view documentaries where the police force swat team goes into homes and kills innocent people and get off. There is no public outcry that 80 percent of the police force now have military weapons. Videos of police brutality, murders, mean nothing. Where do you really think this is all leading us too? I say that we are headed for a police state or are in one now.

Top Ten American Steps toward a Police State | Informed Comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 07:56 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So procedure dictated they pull this man out of his car to beat, choke and stun him?
Yes, if everything is as what the cops said in terms of him running the stop sign, not pulling over for a few blocks and then turning as to reach for something in the car. At that point, procedure is to pull him out of the car if he's not following instructions. Once he refuses to allow the officer to cuff him, they are allowed to physically restrain him and even utilize a stun gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
00:26 screen left, officer approaches vehicle with gun drawn.

00:29 driver opens door and officer points gun at the driver.

00:33 still pointing gun at driver as other officer approaches.

00:38 second officer begins pulling driver from vehicle.

00:43 driver on the ground in choke hold as the beating begins.

What happened to the office politely asking for a license and registration?

What was the threat to the officers that required them to use so much violence?
Apparently, you either didn't look at the video very well, or you just choose to ignore Dent leaning across the car to the passenger's side.

Quote:
Ferguson is an unknown and probably will stay that way.
What? There was plenty of eyewitness statements that were gone through and lots of physical evidence.

Ferguson was a justified shoot.

------------------

The only thing that appears to be a problem to me in that video is the number and speed of punches delivered to Dent in one instance.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Videos of police brutality, murders, mean nothing.
Well, they lose a lot of value when every video of a cop doing something is interpreted and posted as evidence of abuse.

I've seen videos that are labeled "police abuse" that show the cops acting properly, acting questionably and acting criminally. But when practically every one of them is labeled by people who just hate cops as "abuse", regular people begin to lose interest. It's the old "boy who cried wolf."

Old 03-27-2015, 08:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, if everything is as what the cops said in terms of him running the stop sign, not pulling over for a few blocks and then turning as to reach for something in the car. At that point, procedure is to pull him out of the car if he's not following instructions. Once he refuses to allow the officer to cuff him, they are allowed to physically restrain him and even utilize a stun gun.
Your dishonesty in explaining the situation is noted.

P.S. neatly everyone stopped leans across their car as they keep their insurance and registration in their glovebox.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Your dishonesty in explaining the situation is noted.

P.S. neatly everyone stopped leans across their car as they keep their insurance and registration in their glovebox.
Your bias is noted as well.

"Wolf!!! Wolf!!! Wolf!!!"

I'd place $1,000 on what really happened in this situation.

Dent just bought cocaine.

The police, who watch high drug traffic areas, so Dent and knew that he most likely just bought drugs and follow him.

Dent, while messing with his cocaine, didn't notice the cops behind him or the stop sign he drove through.

When the cops turned on their lights, Dent, who probably had very little interaction with cops, was a deer in the headlights and didn't know what to do since he had the drugs on him. He keeps driving in panic as he tries to figure out what to do.

As the cop approaches, Dent opens the door to get out to talk to the cops probably with the cocaine in the center console or by his seat. The cop yells at Dent which panics him and Dent tries to quickly hide the cocaine under the passenger seat so that even if it's found, he can claim "I don't know where that came from."

Now, with a gun pointed at him and the cops screaming at him, Dent goes into full panic mode and doesn't want to be cuffed because he thinks once that happens, he's going to jail and they'll find the cocaine.

You go ahead and put your $1,000 on the story of these cops, with video running, decided tonight was the night they were going to beat a random black guy driving down the road and plant cocaine in his car.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:47 AM

Even if it happened just like that it does not give them the right to beat the **** out of him.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:51 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
All hope I had that dash-cams and body-cams would help curtail police violence is gone thanks to the Inkster police department.

Not only did they brutally assault an individual for no apparent reason, but they may have also planted cocaine in his vehicle and all while the dash-cam was rolling.

Detroit man says Inkster police beat him during traffic stop
What's with the obama administration and its minions and the pattern of poetic interpretation of videos and events?

A camera will work in most cases, it is the film critics whose interpretation becomes overly creative. Fortunately there are juries. Unfortunately there are the blindingly baffled and myopic looking on without their prescription glasses.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Even if it happened just like that it does not give them the right to beat the **** out of him.
Yes, I agree with that, which is why I've stated at least a couple of times that the hits looked excessive.

If the cop crossed the line with those punches, which it looks like he did to me, he should be released from the force and possibly face some sort of battery charge.

My contention this whole time has been with the OP's assertion that the cops planted drugs and the articles clear bias (as well as other posts in this thread) that made it appear as though Dent was targeted and abused for no reason.

If the cop had thrown one or two punches when trying to get Dent to comply while they were on the ground, I'd believe there wasn't a thing wrong with this stop. It was the fact that the cop was raining down so many punches that makes this a problem event.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:08 AM

They had a reason to stop him. I will question the drug thing for a few reasons.

1. He has long held his assembly line job.
a. not what you typically see out of a druggy.
b. while I do not know his situation, generally most people in his position has to take random drug tests.

2. According to the article his blood tests came back clean at the hospital.

Now maybe he is someone that thinks he is doing right by someone for picking it up for them. I don't know.

I do know people drop off alcohol to alcoholic friends and that the cops have been caught planting evidence before.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:14 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,149 times
nypd narcs detective admitted they planted drugs on people, wont surprise me a bit if thats what that cop did here as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies