Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 08:48 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I absolutely support a private business owner the FREEDOM to discriminate. I absolutely support people not shop there and tell everyone who will listen as well.

I'm a business owner. If my competitors are turning away business I will be there to pickup the slack and be just that more successful.
At the beginning of this discussion a poster named Seacove came up with a very rational solution.

If the business owner is allowed to discriminate, then why not require the business to own up to his/her discrimination by posting a sign:

* NO GAYS (or dogs) ALLOWED *

Why post a sign? Because after the potential customer has traveled to patronize your business, entered it, should they be subject to the embarrassment or humiliation of being shown the door?

Think about it.

If a sign is posted on the door they know not to enter. It also informs other potential customers that do not support that policy to shop elsewhere.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 08:56 PM

quote=Hellion1999;39031461]why is this headline news?.,,,,,,CNN is going nuts with this....the Indiana Law is the same Law Bill Clinton signed in 1993 and more then 19 states have in the books and it has nothing to do about gays or gay marriage.

Media in this country is a joke![/quote]

You're wrong.

The Indiana law is not the same law as the one Bill Clinton signed.

It's been discussed a hundred times already.

Not the same.

Get it?

Old 03-31-2015, 08:57 PM

5,302 posts, read 2,355,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
At the beginning of this discussion a poster named Seacove came up with a very rational solution.

If the business owner is allowed to discriminate, then why not require the business to own up to his/her discrimination by posting a sign:

* NO GAYS (or dogs) ALLOWED *

Why post a sign? Because after the potential customer has traveled to patronize your business, entered it, should they be subject to the embarrassment or humiliation of being shown the door?

Think about it.

If a sign is posted on the door they know not to enter. It also informs other potential customers that do not support that policy to shop elsewhere.

That would be fine, as long as the owner consents to doing that. If it's required by law, that's the entire problem.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:07 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Homosexuals, if you don't like it don't go to Arkansas.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:07 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Right on Arkansas.. dont cow tow to any segment of the population...let the overall populace speak at the ballot box.. how about NO SPECIAL classes and let the free market principle work

Old 03-31-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Dude you want to force me to bake you a cake? If I baked you a cake it would have a special filling.
But this isn't about cakes. It's about forcing America to accept a deviant lifesyle. Push back is coming.

Ummmm ...

The only MASSIVE backlash I see happening this week is outrage against Gov. Pence and the Indiana Legislature.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:17 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
It's like...the Republicans just can't get enough of shooting themselves in every limb on their body. These should be their halcyon days with their new majority, and a president that they thought was weak.

They just can't fathom that the America they long for is NEVER coming back. It's gone people...Andy Griffith is dead and his America preceded him in death decades before he died.

But whatever...keep it up.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:20 PM

I believe this is just a knee jerk reaction to the legalization of same sex marriage.

The Supreme Court is going to hear the arguments next month and announce their ruling in June.

Let's see what happens!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:22 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Ummmm ...

The only MASSIVE backlash I see happening this week is outrage against Gov. Pence and the Indiana Legislature.

Indeed. The Indiana legislature and governor seem to have actually deluded themselves into believing they could make this law without drawing an avalanche of negative attention to themselves.

What's even more pathetic, the good upstanding Christian governor has the nerve to come out and lie directly to the press and pretend that sanctioning discrimination was never the goal.

If you're going to push this stuff, at least be man enough to own up to it and not flat out lie to people.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:23 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wake me up when liberals destroy their Apple products and boycott Apple for servicing countries that execute homosexuals.
Why? Bringing internet and information to those countries through Apple products will help to fight this ignorance that leads to discrimination. Would you boycott information to the people of North Korea just because they are abused by their government?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies