Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 12:45 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
thank you for not being a hypocrite. but in minnesota, that is exactly what is happening.
I've not seen that. I believe that if a business owner doesn't want to serve a segment of the population he shouldn't have to. I believe if an employee of a business doesn't want to serve a segment of the population the business wants to serve, fire them.

(sorry if I missed any other replies to me, too far behind to go through them all)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 02:30 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,159,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Luke 6:22 “Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil"

There are a whole lot of gay people who have been blessed on your account. Rejoice!
You truncated the most important part of that verse:

"Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man."

Nobody is hating/excluding/insulting/rejecting as evil the name of gay people on the basis of said gay people being followers of Jesus Christ.
"And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll." Revelation 22:19, NIV
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...22&version=NIV

Old 04-02-2015, 02:42 PM

157 posts, read 96,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
To those who are "outraged" by a law which only protects freedom of association,
I have a question.

Let's say that there was a crowd campaign, done by mob social media, to takeover all
the gay bars and clubs. Crowds of straight arrows swarm gay bars just to ruin their fun.
The gays can't throw them out, and can't ask them to leave, because that's discrimination.
but does it make sense ?

Is it not a necessary part of the social order that groups decide with whom they wish to gather ?
Of course not. Straight people are every bit as protected under anti-discrimination laws that include sexual orientation as gay people. Businesses can't refuse service to straight people either.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:49 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,799,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
You truncated the most important part of that verse:

"Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man."

Nobody is hating/excluding/insulting/rejecting as evil the name of gay people on the basis of said gay people being followers of Jesus Christ.
"And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll." Revelation 22:19, NIV
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...22&version=NIV
Some so-called Christians don't hate the gay person because he or she is a Christian, but because they are. They justify their vile behavior by hiding behind their religion. Do you really want Christianity to be a hate filled and exclusionary religion? That's the version some posters are clearing cheering for. Thankfully, most (non-homophobic) Christians believe in the love for one's fellow man as taught by Jesus. (And NO, Jesus never talked about homosexuality in any of the Gospels so don't tell me he was all for this hatred.)

Old 04-02-2015, 02:52 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,484,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
The only backlash I see is that the Indiana legislators and governor are having to back down on their plan to claim that their religious freedom should allow them to discriminate against gays. And we know that was their purpose, because they said so.

Advance America » Blog Archive » Help Protect Religious Freedom In Indiana!
http://www.advanceamerica.com/pdf/Le...pdate-2015.pdf
Nope. This law exists because enough people spoke out for it, sick of what I described. And it's being pushed for in other states for the same reason. Homosexuals would enjoy more widespread support if they weren't attempting to force their will down others' throats.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:54 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Some so-called Christians don't hate the gay person because he or she is a Christian, but because they are. They justify their vile behavior by hiding behind their religion. Do you really want Christianity to be a hate filled and exclusionary religion? That's the version some posters are clearing cheering for. Thankfully, most (non-homophobic) Christians believe in the love for one's fellow man as taught by Jesus. (And NO, Jesus never talked about homosexuality in any of the Gospels so don't tell me he was all for this hatred.)
What they want has nothing to do with it. You don't get to say which rules should apply. God set out his wishes in the Bible and the Bible says gay acts are an abomination. If you are a Christian, that's it. Christians who truly believe, believe nothing else.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:07 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What they want has nothing to do with it. You don't get to say which rules should apply. God set out his wishes in the Bible and the Bible says gay acts are an abomination. If you are a Christian, that's it. Christians who truly believe, believe nothing else.
The Bible says a sin is a sin is a sin. (With one exception). Do you ever gossip? Do you ever check out the hot woman that walks by? Do you ever wish you could have a new car like your neighbors?

Should the baker say "I heard you talking about our neighbor, no cake for you"?

Would Jesus engage the sinner or would he tell them he hated them and wanted nothing to do with them? This is something I've never understood. You can disagree with what a person is doing while still be friends with them. Do you think the gay couple will care more about what you have to say if you are kind to them or tell them to hit the road?

Speaking from what I understand you can not change people only God can. If God believes what they are doing is a sin do you not think he can deal with that far, far better than you can?

I believe Jesus instructed you to go out and tell people about him, not go out and **** people off.

Am I wrong?

Old 04-02-2015, 03:08 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,799,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Do you not believe in the teachings of Jesus as told in the New Testament? If you do, then you identify as a Christian and as such should follow the teachings of Jesus. If you are not a Christian and instead a Jew, then I understand your adherence to Old Testament teachings. If you claim to be a Christian, then you have a big problem. Either you accept the Gospels of Jesus and follow his teachings in the New Testament (which do not condemn homosexuality) or you disregard his words about love and follow your own bias. Tough call.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:12 PM

157 posts, read 96,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Homosexuals would enjoy more widespread support if they weren't attempting to force their will down others' throats.
Did you feel the same way about Christians some 50 to 60 years ago when they got the exact same anti-discrimination protections gay people are trying to get today?

Old 04-02-2015, 03:15 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Quote:
Do you not believe in the teachings of Jesus as told in the New Testament? If you do, then you identify as a Christian and as such should follow the teachings of Jesus. If you are not a Christian and instead a Jew, then I understand your adherence to Old Testament teachings. If you claim to be a Christian, then you have a big problem. Either you accept the Gospels of Jesus and follow his teachings in the New Testament (which do not condemn homosexuality) or you disregard his words about love and follow your own bias. Tough call.
Jesus would have stoned homosexuals in accordance with the Law just like any other man of the day would have done. Christians have come to grudging acceptance of homosexuality only in the last few years, and not all of them have done that either. Your sappy liberal views of Christianity are of very recent evolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies