Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 09:30 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I never know the religious convictions of a place ... so we all know where they stand.
The bakery that was shut down had a cross hanging on the wall and framed writings from scripture. Where they stood was obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2015, 09:30 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Here's a post (from this thread) that didn't get deleted by the mods because the "tolerant Christian" who made them was less vile than in his/her other posts. Lots of "Christian" love to suggest than homosexuals should be forced to leave the country.

* Later posts included so you can't claim this poster doesn't identify as a Christian.
UH-HUH, Why did you deceitfully leave off where I most certainly DID state that I am NOT a Christian,hmmmmmm?!?!?!

I was deluded for decades and considered myself to be an evangelical Christian[so I know the bible], but am deluded no longer.

One does not have to be a Christian to know that abhorrent sex practices are a perversion and nothing more,and not want their children and grandchildren exposed to people of the same sex pretending to be a NORMAL heterosexual couple!

IMO~homosexuality is caused by either abnormal sexual promiscuity and a total absence of morals or a mental illness,or both.

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 04-03-2015 at 09:42 AM..

Old 04-03-2015, 09:37 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
UH-HUH, Why did you deceitfully leave off where I most certainly DID state that I am NOT a Christian,hmmmmmm?!?!?!

I was deluded for decades and considered myself to be an evangelical Christian[so I know the bible], but am deluded no longer.

One does not have to be a Christian to know that abhorrent sex practices are a perversion and nothing more,and not want their children and grandchildren exposed to people of the same sex pretending to be a natural heterosexual couple!
So you don't believe in the scriptures you posted and yet you used them as evidence that your hatred of gays is appropriate? Okay.....

If that's remotely true, next time you want to justify your views, have the integrity to leave the Bible quotes out of it. Just be honest and say that your views on the subject are yours and yours alone and have nothing to do with scripture instead of hiding behind it.

And FYI, I didn't leave it out purposefully.... mods deleted many of your posts. If they hadn't, I would have quoted them all. They were very "instructive".

Old 04-03-2015, 09:40 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
You asked for it: Christian Preachers Calling For Death Of All Gays...America's Religious Taliban? (VIDEO) -

Now to just patiently wait for your response that says either the multiple videos in the link are faked or the people spouting this hate are not Christians......
The extremist far-left Christian haters at MSNBC, at it again. LOL.

Cenk Uygur, the MSNBC blowhard promoting this is lying, as is his standard practice. These fringe kook preachers believe that it would be hypothetically justified to kill homosexuals based on the old testament law, but extrapolating that out into them proposing that this actually be done right now is just not truthful.

Also, the Bible teaches that "The wages of sin is death" and "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God." Christian preachers everywhere routinely teach that death is the price of all sin and that we all deserve to die because of our sin. Of course the Old Testament prohibitions are more harsh than that, but they also were Jewish, not Christian, and those statutes were specifically applicable to those people during that time, and have not been enforced in thousands of years.

While I will not use the terms all or never, as there is nearly always an exception to every rule, I still am not aware of a specific case of a Christian that has proposed the killing of homosexuals here in this country, much less actually done such a thing, as is apparently done periodically in Islamic countries in the Middle East to this very day.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:41 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Why does the homosexual deliberately seek out establishments operated by those with religious convictions?
Which case was that?

One bakery case the couple were referred by the venue they rented, the other they had been customers for a while and had family members that had ordered cakes there. The florist case they had been customers for 9 years.

I bet those guys purposely patronized that florist for 9 years spending thousands of dollars with them waiting for the day they would be legally allowed to get married so they could persecute her.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:44 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
The bakery that was shut down had a cross hanging on the wall and framed writings from scripture. Where they stood was obvious.
Not really. The couple in that case had been customers of that bakery, as had their family. Plus not all Christians feel the same about SSM.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Which case was that?
Sweet Cakes By Melissa, Oregon Bakery. They were shut down so you should be happy.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:45 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
So you don't believe in the scriptures you posted and yet you used them as evidence that your hatred of gays is appropriate? Okay.....

If that's remotely true, next time you want to justify your views, have the integrity to leave the Bible quotes out of it. Just be honest and say that your views on the subject are yours and yours alone and have nothing to do with scripture instead of hiding behind it.

And FYI, I didn't leave it out purposefully.... mods deleted many of your posts. If they hadn't, I would have quoted them all. They were very "instructive".
I was just fighting "Fire with Fire"........ D-U-H !!!!!!!!

The Christian god is not all about love as you portrayed,ever hear the words WRATH,or Hell!

Old 04-03-2015, 09:47 AM

698 posts, read 587,290 times
Quote:
Not really, how can you tell if they are one of the "live and let live" Golden Rule following Christians or one of the bigoted, anti-gay, baking a cake for you violates my religious freedom Christians?

Not all Christians hate gays and want the right to discriminate. Maybe the ones that do should post a sign that makes it clear what and whom they will refuse to serve.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoks View Post
Not really, how can you tell
Yes, really.

Check out the video in the link provided and note the crosses hanging on the wall.

Sweet Cakes By Melissa, Oregon Bakery That Denied Gay Couple A Wedding Cake, Closes Shop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies