Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 05:01 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,344,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Unfortunately, it will probably cost you anyway. The state will get less money, that's all there is to it. If Republicans gerrymandered Indiana, Indiana should have fought back hard. These states that are pulling these evil stunts, one after another, are all Republican. Right wing blogs are all cheering Pence right now. They've been hating the gays something fierce and this gives them a weapon. You should see some of the things they are saying.
Seacove--I agree with all of the above. I have another post on here that pretty much says the same thing. If voters would wake up and "follow the money" I think they would be scared by what is going on here.

I've seen a couple of the blogs--they sicken me.

My personal hope is that Pence runs for President and is soundly defeated. State law does not permit him to run for governor and President. (Although his cronies tried to pass a law that would let him do so.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 05:06 PM

25,960 posts, read 22,113,827 times
I couldn't find anything in the bill that specified anything about "gay" or "homosexual". Can someone tell me exactly where it appears in the bill?

Old 03-27-2015, 05:21 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I couldn't find anything in the bill that specified anything about "gay" or "homosexual". Can someone tell me exactly where it appears in the bill?
Surely you can extrapolate, or perhaps you can't.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:22 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
There are federal laws that make discrimination based on race, religion, age, sex, disability illegal.

What is left? I don't see too many people fighting against blondes rights or lefty rights.
Indiana got their butt handed to them in the SSM fight and now feel the need to do something to get back.

Can't wait for the Somali Muslim cab drivers to refuse service to anyone with dogs or alcohol under this new law.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
There are federal laws that make discrimination based on race, religion, age, sex, disability illegal.

What is left? I don't see too many people fighting against blondes rights or lefty rights.
Indiana got their butt handed to them in the SSM fight and now feel the need to do something to get back.

Can't wait for the Somali Muslim cab drivers to refuse service to anyone with dogs or alcohol under this new law.
Everybody and nobody. With the myriad of conflicting religious views, beliefs and practices, this quagmire of discriminators discriminating against each other is going to be a laugh riot.

Last edited by Natnasci; 03-27-2015 at 05:35 PM..

Old 03-27-2015, 05:28 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
If a business is refusing people I highly doubt I would refuse to go there. I mean if they offer a product or service that I really like of a certain quality. Just because someone got refused won't have any effect on me.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:31 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,467 times
I wish they were required to post the groups or people they will not serve.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
If a business is refusing people I highly doubt I would refuse to go there. I mean if they offer a product or service that I really like of a certain quality. Just because someone got refused won't have any effect on me.
OK I'll bite. Why?

Old 03-27-2015, 06:19 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
I wish they were required to post the groups or people they will not serve.
Exactly. Someone posted there was an effort to require them to post signs on who they would refuse but it was defeated. Isn't that convenient? They want to deny service but don't want anyone to know who they denied service too. It's completely one-sided and secretive.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:24 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
They are a paranoid group for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies