Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2015, 07:14 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Baking the cake certifies you believe that gay marriage is ok with Christianity.
This is what the gay community wants. To shove it in everyones face.
No baking the cake shows that you chose to open a bakery and someone ordered a cake from you. No one asks their bakers permission or for their approval of their marriage, they just ask them to do their job and bake a cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:20 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
And I'd like to see what happens if a Muslim owned business refuses to serve women unless they're accompanied by a man or have their heads covered.
It's their business.

Quote:
If it's good enough for Christians then it's good enough for all religions, right?
Right.

Quote:
You all do realize that you're opening up that can of worms for everyone?
What can of worms? The right to operate your business as you see fit?

Quote:
There'll be no shrieking about the slippery slope of Sharia Law taking over the US. Right?
There will be with hypocrites all over the place.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:21 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Not true.

I've read multiple stories of muslim cab drivers refusing to take passengers who have alchohol or animals with them, and other such stories.

I never sided with the muslims on that. My stance has always been...if you are in business you serve the public. If you can't serve all of the public, get out of business.
And, If I remember correctly, those Muslim cab drivers were told to pick up any passenger or forfeit their cab driver license.

So they were told to not discriminate in the operation of their business, as it should be.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:22 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,813,136 times
Wilco cancels Indianapolis concert due to Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Soooo... is Wilco not going to perform in any of the twenty states with RFRA? And what about the RFRA signed by President Clinton? Does that mean Wilco won't perform in any state that is a part of the United States?

What's a band to do? Oh, wait... there's always Canada

Old 03-31-2015, 07:23 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Why can't gay people just go find another bakery to cater to them?
"Why can't Black people ride in the back of the bus?" "Why can't women go back to being homemakers after the war?" All manner of rationalizations have been used by bigots to try to justify their indefensible preference.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:25 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
That's actually not a nutty idea and it led to years of annual 4% GDP growth in the 80s.
Hate to break it to you, but four percent has been about the average GDP growth rate over the last one hundred years. A lot of that growth can also be attributed to the ramping up in defense spending rather than Reagan's economic polices as well. It drops off once Bush Sr. cut the spending, recovered under Clinton, dropped under Bush Jr, and has not really recovered since. The myth that Reagan's polices put the American Economy into some sort of unnatural overdrive is just that, a myth.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:27 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
"Why can't Black people ride in the back of the bus?" "Why can't women go back to being homemakers after the war?" All manner of rationalizations have been used by bigots to try to justify their indefensible preference.

apples and oranges.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No baking the cake shows that you chose to open a bakery and someone ordered a cake from you. No one asks their bakers permission or for their approval of their marriage, they just ask them to do their job and bake a cake.

fine then. I would bake the cake. have them assemble it at place of venue and they can also put their own topper on it.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:29 AM

I never hear of these stories from the liberal MSM. You don't hear then blasting it on the news for days on end like this story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Not true.

I've read multiple stories of muslim cab drivers refusing to take passengers who have alchohol or animals with them, and other such stories.

I never sided with the muslims on that. My stance has always been...if you are in business you serve the public. If you can't serve all of the public, get out of business.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:30 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Baking the cake certifies you believe that gay marriage is ok with Christianity.
This is what the gay community wants. To shove it in everyones face.
No, they just want to shove delicious cake into everyone's mouth . By your logic that means if they bake a cake for a Wiccan cover they are okay with pagan rites and if they bake a cake for someone getting remarried then they are okay with divorce. Like I said before, it's amazing how many so called Christians cherry pick the sins they are too morally outraged over to be a part of .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies