Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 09:12 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,448,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Most pot smokers already understood the dangers of ingesting MJ, it's the government who thinks they know best. Pot Shops government plan, not people.

Now the idiots want to give it to pets......all anyone ever wanted was not to spend time in prison for toking!
Give it to pets? That can kill them if ingesting too much and that's the problem with edibles, you DO NOT KNOW the potency. It's impossible to determine, it's a guessing game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 09:18 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
A quarter of suicides are from people who were drunk -

A quarter of U.S. suicide victims are drunk when they die and are more likely to use violent methods | Daily Mail Online

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/19/he...cide.html?_r=0

I'm curious, do you believe alcohol should be banned? I just want to know if you are consistent or not.
This about dope.

Want to talk about alcohol, start a thread about it.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:21 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
People will say anything in order to justify their behavior. A brain on dope doesn't think correctly- hence, the crooked reasoning.
That's not true.

Everything doesn't fit in a box. Some professions and groups have a history of using more than others.

At least its not coke like Wall St.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:22 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,121,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This about dope.

Want to talk about alcohol, start a thread about it.
It's in the thread title

Old 03-26-2015, 09:26 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It's in the thread title
So?

Its about dope.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:27 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
A human mind in state of marijuana psychosis is a frightening place. The victim might see suicide as the only escape.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:36 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
It's unfortunate that this college student shot himself after eating marijuana edibles but lots of things are dangerous in such large amounts. Did he bother to do even the slightest bit of research before consuming it? The edibles were labelled and he ignored the label. He also chose to consume a drug without even knowing how much was safe. That seems weird. It also seems weird that his family left him in the condo alone after he was exhibiting such bizarre behavior. This is similar to the other two deaths attributed to marijuana edibles in Colorado. There were other factors at play, such as Richard Kirk's history of controlling behavior towards his wife that came out after the media hype died down and the fact that in addition to consuming marijuana edibles, he was also taking prescription medication. Alcohol is still far more harmful and still causes far more deaths then marijuana in Colorado.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:48 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Statistically, it's still true. Binge drinking of alcohol kills more people on average every year than every illegal drug combined. Toss in the traffic fatalities from DWI, and the number gets big in a hurry.

No drug is harmless, and marijuana activists are morons for trying to claim that their beloved hippie lettuce is some sort of cosmic health food, but alcohol is by far America's most lethal killer drug of choice.
This 100%, but I will say that taking edibles for the first time is probably more dangerous than drinking is.

I smoke once in a while and my GF Smokes every day. We both have had a bad experience with edibles that could have put us in extreme danger in the right situation.

The one time I did it, I was with my sister. It was more like taking acid than smoking pot IMO. At one point, I was so high that I couldn't count to 10 as a way to calm myself down, and I literally got lost in my own home. Obviously I completely over did it, but it was really easy to do.

The time I saw my GF freak out from edibles was from some homemade butter stuff she got from a friend. She was on the floor talking to herself and couldn't even walk When I found her in the basement at like 6 in the morning. She took the stuff after I went to bed at like midnight, so this was about 6 hours later.

If people want to make their own edibles than so be it, but they shouldn't be legal to purchase for recreational use, and the definitely shouldn't look or taste like candy or cookies.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,278,566 times
You must not support individual liberties and be a liberal nanny state supporter to want to continue the war on drugs and not let people decide what they should put into their bodies. Because a few people cannot handle the responsibilities that come with freedom, we just outlaw and criminalize things to protect everyone from themselves... the classic leftist philosophy.. except republicans also believe in it too.

Any informed person with any amount of common sense would know to research edibles before consuming them and know of their relatively slow onset and potency and know to only ingest a small amount at a time. Is it my fault that people are not more responsible with their activities?

You do realize he would not have shot himself had he not had access to a gun. Along with banning marijuana, we should also ban guns. After all, a number of people do accidentally shoot and even kill themselves due to negligent discharges every year. Because a few people are not responsible with their freedom, nobody should be allowed to own firearms.

Don't tell me to start another thread about alcohol or firearms. The analogy works in any given situation where the nanny state wants to restrict something we can or cannot do because we might harm ourselves. All these states allowing people to own firearms... all those needless deaths... so sad... and allowing people to drink themselves into liver disease and suicide.. what is wrong with our government? Why aren't they doing more to prevent these needless deaths? For the children!!!!

Last edited by sholomar; 03-26-2015 at 10:00 AM..

Old 03-26-2015, 09:55 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,711,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....

He didn't die from consuming marijuana, he shot himself.

He aimed a pistol at himself and pulled the trigger.
Guns don't kill people. Pot does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies