Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 01:11 PM

13,929 posts, read 5,615,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Fair enough. I knew based on your handle and the many posts of yours here on CD that you are not one to support restricting individual liberties. I agree with you that nothing is totally harmless. Moderation is obviously key, and I only wanted to point out that cannabis does have benefits.
So does red wine, but I am not going to use the upsides to red wine to make a case that alcohol is harmless or beneficial in general. Hell, used in moderation, steroids are a good thing, but I don't think we should be extolling the virtues of mucking with ones hormones as a generally positive thing. Moderation is the key to everything in life, drugs/alcohol included.

But thanks for finally seeing that while I am pragmatic and honest about the negative side of drugs, I am not calling for any prohibition. Far from it. Make them all legal I say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 01:11 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No, what I have is the fact the linked article clearly states he took 5x the recommended dosage, something you're apparently intent on glossing over.

There's not a scintilla of anything remotely close to factual here proving the cause of him offing himself, you're making baseless allegations. Where is the evidence he didn't have undiagnosed psychiatric issues?

Get around what? Your predisposition to blaming the pot with no facts supporting that blame?
Dope did it.

Your attempts at obfuscation is pathetic.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:14 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,359 times
Quote:
The same can also be said for what one individual experiences from life being different from what anyone else experiences.
Or the same can be said of asbestos and lead paint.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:15 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,047,177 times
Quote:
The article clearly states: Cannabis might trigger psychosis in vulnerable individuals, but conflicting evidence leaves many open questions

WHY is there any reason to believe, other than your predisposition to do so, that cannabis isn't like alcohol in inducing psychosis in those who are "already crazy"? What part of "many open questions" do you take to be irrefutable proof?
Exactly. For instance I'll make a list of things I've seen or known drunks (to) do and then I'll make a list I've seen people who are stoned do.

Drunks
______
-Fall down
-Blackout and act like a fool
-destroy property
-start a fight
-disrespect women
-be completely incoherent
-vomit uncontrollably
-Die from too much
-Cheat on their significant other
-break a bone doing something stupid

Stoned
_________
-Eat a pint of ben and jerrys
-Watch an entire season of lost
-Thoroughly enjoy a concert
-Go swimming
-take a nap
-Show an increased level of empathy and compassion due to a heightened sense of self
-Relax
-Take more time to understand a situation, thus acting accordingly rather then reacting negatively.

Also, I'd like to point out (and I don't think this has ever been mentioned in a study) but I admittedly have anger issues (not crippling by any means, but more than an average man) alcohol increases these issues, marijuana DECREASES it. I'm much more likely to handle a situation without anger if I'm high than if I've been drinking, or even if I'm sober. So...still think it's so bad?

Old 03-26-2015, 01:16 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Dope did it.
Your allegation is baseless and unsupported by anything factual.

Quote:
Your attempts at obfuscation is pathetic.

I've obfuscated nothing, just another of your baseless allegations.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:19 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Or the same can be said of asbestos and lead paint.
Hey, it's been reported that most suicide victims have eaten potatoes, those so quick to blame marijuana despite the lack of facts would no doubt blame potatoes had there been a Tater Madness movie in the past.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
Exactly. For instance I'll make a list of things I've seen or known drunks (to) do and then I'll make a list I've seen people who are stoned do.

Drunks
______
-Fall down
-Blackout and act like a fool
-destroy property
-start a fight
-disrespect women
-be completely incoherent
-vomit uncontrollably
-Die from too much
-Cheat on their significant other
-break a bone doing something stupid

Stoned
_________
-Eat a pint of ben and jerrys
-Watch an entire season of lost
-Thoroughly enjoy a concert
-Go swimming
-take a nap
-Show an increased level of empathy and compassion due to a heightened sense of self
-Relax
-Take more time to understand a situation, thus acting accordingly rather then reacting negatively.

Also, I'd like to point out (and I don't think this has ever been mentioned in a study) but I admittedly have anger issues (not crippling by any means, but more than an average man) alcohol increases these issues, marijuana DECREASES it. I'm much more likely to handle a situation without anger if I'm high than if I've been drinking, or even if I'm sober. So...still think it's so bad?
While your anecdotes might be cute, they are pretty transparent and not very useful.
Again, it is a psychoactive drug and effects people differently.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Your allegation is baseless and unsupported by anything factual.

I've obfuscated nothing, just another of your baseless allegations.
You are defending the defenseless.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:20 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
You are defending the defenseless.
You are ignoring the facts.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Hey, it's been reported that most suicide victims have eaten potatoes, those so quick to blame marijuana despite the lack of facts would no doubt blame potatoes had there been a Tater Madness movie in the past.
So do a controlled potato study like has been done with marijuana, asbestos, and lead paint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies