Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 10:37 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
More reason for US to drill and use our oil which will help US to control oil prices not OPEC which uses that money for these despots to stay in power & control their population through military means ...
The Middle East is ready to explode into a major religious war God help us ...
Meh...God help YOU maybe. The rest of us don't need it.

Let a major Middle Eastern conflagration break out. Shrug. Maybe they need to settle this thing once and for all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 10:56 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Staying home and minding our business needs an explanation? Really?

I'll give you one.

Because the United States ALWAYS makes matters worse in the Middle East when we get involved. At a certain point, you're supposed to assess your track record and realize that you've been a failure. Why repeat failure over and over again in a region whose stability, or lack thereof, doesn't threaten THIS country at all so long as we don't interfere.

As for dealing with terrorists, we've always dealt with terrorists and despotic regimes whe it's convenient. So why stop now?

Again, there's only one thing important to us in the Middle East. It ain't olive oil, dates, hummus, or even the people (who I don't give a damn about)...and that's oil. And Americans are realizing more and more that we don't need to stick our noses in their affairs in order to buy that oil.

What's bothering you is that more Americans year after year are growing tired of the Middle East and their perpetual belligerence and internecine warfare and petty beefs. More Americans are questioning why we should keep dropping hundreds of billions of dollars to keep the region "stable" while our domestic problems go begging for funding.

Sorry, but the Sunni, Shia, Wahabbi, Jewish, etc. thousand year bickering is no longer worth American lives or attention. We've had enough of being dragged into crap that never should've seen our involvement from the get-go. This garbage should've been dumped solely in the laps of the French and British since they started this mess.
Your reasoning's are way to simplistic and lack the projection of foresight. You are also in constant denial of national security threats. You refuse to accept new information in an ever changing world and refuse to accept that Middle East instability will cause a domino effect through out the world.

Lets forget about the U.S or any specific semantics for a moment and examine issues in the Middle East:

1) If Iran constructs a nuclear weapon, then the rest of the Middle East will strive for a nuclear weapon. Other countries in the world will seize the opportunity to construct its own nuclear weapons programs because the NPT and IAEA will no longer have the credibility to enforce nuclear prohibition.

2) Iran's goals of exporting its revolution and establishing an empire to offset the Arab Sunni's. Yemen is the prime example of what Iranian influence creates. If Iran controls the red sea, American imports will be determined by the grace of Iran. Think a nuclear bomb will make matters better?

3) Oil contrary to your beliefs, will be needed in the foreseeable future. Conflict in the region or the potential threat of oil field takeover by extremist will increase oil prices.

4) Terrorism threats from terrorist organizations happen everyday which the FBI prevents. While the U.S has its fair share of imperialism, it has nothing to do with me. The U.S is always susceptible to terrorist attacks from the M.E.

5) The continuation of ethnic genocide, U.S fear of growing Russian and China influence, and sectarian strife has a negative impact on U.S Foreign Policy.

So none of this will effect the U.S in some form of fashion? These are not "petty beefs" but continual violent strife for thousands of years. What France and Britain did cannot be undone and did not help the region at all, but just packing up and saying goodbye does not make the U.S immune from terrorist attacks or a down sliding economy.

I don't have answers to what needs to be done. But pretending the ME is not our problem is not feasible. Bush and Obama created terrible conditions for the U.S in the region, and we must suffer the consequences.

If your going to take anything from this post, the U.S has no choice but to be in lingo with what is going on.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:41 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
YEP and then they will not be mad at us any more if they solve their own problems
You shouldn't care if they remain mad at you.

They are realizing for the first time over 50 years the driver's seat of any vehicle is a temporary thing.

The U.S. pumping more oil than ever has reduced Arab ability to think in terms of "you needing them to co-operate and are willing to pay anything for that compliance." They are now aware you have options and are using them.

They have witnessed your frustration, fatigue and unwillingness to "jump" in handling mid-east hiccups while they sit back and reap the profits. Now they have to deal with expansionist tendencies from the likes of Iran pizzing in their cornflakes and getting ever closer to being more than just a major power in the region.

Sit back and let them consider carefully what their future holds for them if Iran becomes THE major player instead of being kept to heel by the U.S.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:07 PM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You shouldn't care if they remain mad at you.
Think this one through for a bit. Do you want people that think suicide bombing is a good idea to be mad at you? Should I care if they are mad at me? very much so.
Quote:

They are realizing for the first time over 50 years the driver's seat of any vehicle is a temporary thing.

The U.S. pumping more oil than ever has reduced Arab ability to think in terms of "you needing them to co-operate and are willing to pay anything for that compliance." They are now aware you have options and are using them.

They have witnessed your frustration, fatigue and unwillingness to "jump" in handling mid-east hiccups while they sit back and reap the profits. Now they have to deal with expansionist tendencies from the likes of Iran pizzing in their cornflakes and getting ever closer to being more than just a major power in the region.

Sit back and let them consider carefully what their future holds for them if Iran becomes THE major player instead of being kept to heel by the U.S.
and that with nukes

Old 03-27-2015, 09:25 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContrarianEcon View Post
Think this one through for a bit. Do you want people that think suicide bombing is a good idea to be mad at you? Should I care if they are mad at me? very much so.
and that with nukes
And the fact that all of those flying the 9/11 planes were Saudi doesn't cause you pause to consider just who you should be aligning yourself with?

This just in: Iraqi Shia militias performing a major part of the fight against ISIS refuse to continue fighting if Western Coalition forces are used in the battle for Tikrit. Ooopsy they're aligned with Iran.

Yep; you propose to bomb the crap out of everyone already pizzed at you to prevent them being more pizzed at you even though that tactic has failed miserably in nearly every engagement you've been involved in since WWII and guess where that will end?.......MORE people pizzed at you.

That thing in front of you is the cart and the thing behind that is the horse. Wrong again.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:37 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
If O didn't let anyone from that region immigrate here, then his destabilization of that part of the world would be their problem. But he'll use all this to flood the country with ''refugees".

Old 03-28-2015, 05:38 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
If O didn't let anyone from that region immigrate here, then his destabilization of that part of the world would be their problem. But he'll use all this to flood the country with ''refugees".
That sounds very "Rush".

Old 03-28-2015, 08:52 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
I remember my Dad telling me when I was a wee lad, that the best way to deal with the ME was to give every single person over there an M14 and 2000 rounds. In six months they would all be dead. I see wisdom there...or at least, common sense. Killing each other is a wah of life over there. Its the Hatfields and Mc Coys, tritium enhanced, nuclear version. And toss in a few thousand other clans, and religious denominations, for added yield at ground zero with lasting, widespread, fall ou;t effects.

BOOM is a , serious, understatement. I think I'm going to sell everything I have, and buy me a good mule and a Hawken gun. Head up high, feast on Elk and live simple.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:07 AM

3,792 posts, read 2,385,439 times
Quote:
That thing in front of you is the cart and the thing behind that is the horse. Wrong again.
If you spend your money on the cart not the horse then the horse dies. If you spend your money on the horse then it lives, putting the cart before the horse has fanatical implications too.

Where should we put our money?

Old 03-28-2015, 11:31 AM

461 posts, read 556,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I remember my Dad telling me when I was a wee lad, that the best way to deal with the ME was to give every single person over there an M14 and 2000 rounds. In six months they would all be dead. I see wisdom there...or at least, common sense. Killing each other is a wah of life over there. Its the Hatfields and Mc Coys, tritium enhanced, nuclear version. And toss in a few thousand other clans, and religious denominations, for added yield at ground zero with lasting, widespread, fall ou;t effects.

BOOM is a , serious, understatement. I think I'm going to sell everything I have, and buy me a good mule and a Hawken gun. Head up high, feast on Elk and live simple.
Lol @ an AMERICAN saying killing is a way of life in another part of the world. The USA is the most militarized country in the world, the only one to ever use the nuclear bomb, the primary participant in most major wars of the last decade, and the murderer of tens of millions of people... never mind the gun craze that exists within our own borders from our own citizens.

But no, the Middle East is the problem. The Middle East that WE and other western powers destabilized throughout the twentieth century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies