Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2015, 04:27 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,666,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
The fact that you posted nothing to justify your implied claim is quite telling. ... Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You yet again fail to actually address or answer to my or others' points on your faulty claims.
It appears that yet again you didn't read or didn't understand or refuse to acknowledge what I wrote. A fallacy is a failure in reasoning that renders an argument invalid. Pointing out the fallacy is addressing it.

My claims aren't faulty. You simply wish they were, and wish perhaps you could declare them as such by fiat. You simply aren't empowered to do so. Like I said, you posted nothing to justify your implied claim. Until you do, your comments remain invalid, as per the definition above. Accept the fact that your fallacies were exposed and move on, or try, if you're able, to form a cogent and defensible argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 08:27 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,863,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
All of our major news networks are "corporate propaganda", and there is no longer any real journalism on our major networks.
Certainly the quality of Journalism has suffered tremendously over the years turning into entertainment. I remember when the Democrats passed the climate change bill back '09 which was just as important news if not more important than the health care legislation. That story didn't have legs though and was overshadowed by Michael Jacksons death. My local paper devoted the front page, page 2 and page 3 to MJ. They buried the climate bill near the obituaries.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:37 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,804,394 times
Not so much the GOP, but to the RWNJs, anybody that tells the truth is obviously biased.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:52 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,863,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Not so much the GOP, but to the RWNJs, anybody that tells the truth is obviously biased.
It's often so subtle you can't see it for what it is. Let's go back to one of the sentences I posted previously in an article posted about education spending here in PA. Keep in mind this paper has been critical of Corbett since he took office.

Quote:
On Thursday, Gov. Tom Corbett, a Republican seeking a second term, signed a state budget and boasted about investing a record $12 billion in state funding for early, basic and postsecondary education.
See what they did here? They took what should be a positive thing for those that support education spending and turned it into something negative.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:18 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,022,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
It appears that yet again you didn't read or didn't understand or refuse to acknowledge what I wrote. A fallacy is a failure in reasoning that renders an argument invalid. Pointing out the fallacy is addressing it.

My claims aren't faulty. You simply wish they were, and wish perhaps you could declare them as such by fiat. You simply aren't empowered to do so. Like I said, you posted nothing to justify your implied claim. Until you do, your comments remain invalid, as per the definition above. Accept the fact that your fallacies were exposed and move on, or try, if you're able, to form a cogent and defensible argument.
Your "claims" are only your opinions, which are especially one-sided and based on a double standard. There is no debating on actual issues. Anyone reading them and thinking rationally can see that. For whatever reason, you either cannot or just ignore that inconvenient reality. End of story.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Kinda like you're doing to the left?
I was giving an example of the opposite side of the double standard. Apparently that went over your head.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Wasn't the feigned Christian victimhood thread scheduled for this time slot? I thought the feigned GOP victim of media bias thread wasn't scheduled until early next week.
You sound upset.

If media bias is feigned, show us.
Neither of you have.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:32 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,447,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How can the Media be biased against the GOP when the Republican billionaires own the media?
The media bias against the GOP is undeniable. It's fact, not opinion. There have been studies done on it that prove it.

Media bias is real, finds UCLA political scientist | UCLA

But, of course, since you yourself tilt to the left I'm sure you'll ignore it and continue to claim that the bias doesn't exist.

Old 03-29-2015, 03:25 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,638,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The media bias against the GOP is undeniable. It's fact, not opinion. There have been studies done on it that prove it.

Media bias is real, finds UCLA political scientist | UCLA

But, of course, since you yourself tilt to the left I'm sure you'll ignore it and continue to claim that the bias doesn't exist.
R. Reagan tripled our national debt, and Carter did not hurt us financially. Should'nt the press do more negative stories about Reagan?

Clinton balanced the federal budget, and GW Bush turned that balanced budget into huge deficits. Should'nt the press do more negative stories about Bush?

GW Bush's Iraq war made the world hate America, and Obama's victory made the world love us again. Should'nt the press do more negative stories about Bush?

And when Clinton was in office everyones stocks were doing great, workers were getting huge income tax credits, and no one was complaining about money. But republican supply side tax cuts and increased military spending destroyed those days. Shouldnt the American press treat democrats better?

Old 03-29-2015, 03:29 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,235,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How can the Media be biased against the GOP when the Republican billionaires own the media?

Are you joking? or have been in a coma for the past 35 years?
not all billionaires are Republicans....many liberal Americans who have wealth......Hollywood is very liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies