Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 04:58 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What really would disappint him is the fact that a few tokes does not impair driving or riding. Indeed, I'm a better rider when a bit high. My senses are heightened and my reactions are quicker. Not to mention the experience itself is more enjoyable, especially through the mountains. Everyone I ride with gets stoned, and we've not had one mishap nor near miss. Now, cagers on their cellphones...they're very dangerous.

Here you go folks... confessions of a pothead...
Unfortunately the law and science is against you... being high does not make you drive better... no matter what bunk you come up with on your doper sites
Give me 5 nanograms and I'll give you a per se dui....

Several puffs of hi-grade dope will easily get you there....

What kind of idiot would try to tell the rest of us they conduct complex multiple divided attention tasks i.e. driving...better on a narcotic....

A doper... that's who

So... go ahead.. demonstrate the epitomy of irresponsibility and potentially harming another human being

Zero tolerance for DUI....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 06:44 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Here you go folks... confessions of a pothead...
Unfortunately the law and science is against you... being high does not make you drive better... no matter what bunk you come up with on your doper sites
Give me 5 nanograms and I'll give you a per se dui....

Several puffs of hi-grade dope will easily get you there....

What kind of idiot would try to tell the rest of us they conduct complex multiple divided attention tasks i.e. driving...better on a narcotic....

A doper... that's who

So... go ahead.. demonstrate the epitomy of irresponsibility and potentially harming another human being

Zero tolerance for DUI....
While I don't condone driving after partaking, you might want to take another look at your "facts". Since marijuana was legalized in Colorado, there has been an increase in people self-reporting that they have driven while high. However, and this is a big however, there has been a dramatic decrease in traffic fatalities in Colorado over the same time period.

Also, marijuana has been shown to increase the ability to concentrate in people who suffer from ADD and ADHD when used in moderation. Marijuana increases the availability of Dopamine in the brain,which is a slightly different mechanism than medications such as Ritalin and Dexedrine, which bind to dopamine molecules and keep them from breaking down. The effects, however, are similar in that higher dopamine levels lead to better cognitive ability. If I had my choice, I'd choose the natural treatment of marijuana over the manufactured treatment of prescription pills any day of the week.

Old 03-29-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
While I don't condone driving after partaking, you might want to take another look at your "facts". Since marijuana was legalized in Colorado, there has been an increase in people self-reporting that they have driven while high. However, and this is a big however, there has been a dramatic decrease in traffic fatalities in Colorado over the same time period.

Also, marijuana has been shown to increase the ability to concentrate in people who suffer from ADD and ADHD when used in moderation. Marijuana increases the availability of Dopamine in the brain,which is a slightly different mechanism than medications such as Ritalin and Dexedrine, which bind to dopamine molecules and keep them from breaking down. The effects, however, are similar in that higher dopamine levels lead to better cognitive ability. If I had my choice, I'd choose the natural treatment of marijuana over the manufactured treatment of prescription pills any day of the week.
More fallacy my friend

DUI MJ is increasing exponentially in this country. The 5 NGM test had to be agreed upon by a number of states... reality is it gets missed many times... until we get a good roadside test... until it becomes very easy to do a test other than blood DUI MJ stats will be skewed downward..

What we see where I work is probably more representative... 50 percent uptick in DUI MJ along with alcohol in last three years.. including injury DUI.

There is little moderation on being high.. you are at 5 ngms or you are not... on top of that since THC stays in the fatty tissues for extended periods and is cumulative you could get high the next day even though you inhaled only once as a part of your morning ritual.

Do you really want someone coming at you in a 4000 pound metal can high.. or altered on anything...if you answered yes,, or no big deal then you are deluding yourself and all of us. I dont just post articles that support my position.. ill look at all sides

End of the day DUI is DUI is DUI.. every one a potential murderer waiting to happen

THE EFFECT OF CANNABIS COMPARED WITH ALCOHOL ON DRIVING

Stoned drivers hit test course | www.kirotv.com

Old 03-29-2015, 04:36 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:

End of the day DUI is DUI is DUI.. every one a potential murderer waiting to happen
Fortunately, both parts of that statement are false.

You should know more than most that almost all fatal DUI accidents involve people who are two or three times the limit. So no, all DUIs are not the same and all DUIs are not a murder waiting to happen.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:05 PM

Hunh...
Stick to smoking and quit the joking... >.08 BAC or 5 ngms ..or in concert with each other make up the bulk of drunk driving fatals..it doesnt have to be 2-3 times the limit,,,, 18% involve MJ or other drugs.. and we see 50% co-use where I work (as reported by the offenders themselves or about 100 a month in my area).. we have at least a fatal a month

But please.. I love to learn so post up your factoids

Every DUI is a murder waiting to happen...
Its hard enough to get people to drive a car well sober

You want to argue for the sake of arguing.. talk to yourself... ANY inebriation behind the wheel of a 4000 pound bullet is stupid.. shows a disconnect to the world.. and is a death wish... drunks ALWAYS hurt others while rarely hurting themselves... usually because their body is relaxed in the accident which is a self protective mechanism

In your quiet conscious mind if you have one.... you would agree and are arguing silliness

Impaired Driving: Get the Facts | Motor Vehicle Safety | CDC Injury Center

"If you smoke 'da bowl.. don't let the wheels "dem roll"

Old 03-29-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
What really would disappint him is the fact that a few tokes does not impair driving or riding. Indeed, I'm a better rider when a bit high. My senses are heightened and my reactions are quicker. Not to mention the experience itself is more enjoyable, especially through the mountains. Everyone I ride with gets stoned, and we've not had one mishap nor near miss. Now, cagers on their cellphones...they're very dangerous.
Really... lets let everyone get another whiff of what your smoking...
Thanks for telling all of us how much better you drive stoned.. and how all the people with you ride stoned

Ok everyone.. what we have here is the new face of pot... law be damned.. common sense be damned... science be damned... an admission of stoned driving.. and an exclamation of better driving while high

Who here wants to be anywhere near this clown... silence... wait.. wait.. nope.. thought I saw a hand go up but he was only giving you the finger

Yea.. keep telling yourself how much better you are stoned... you'll receive the concrete Darwin award... and someone like me will do my job scraping you up in a trash bag... telling your mommie Darwin and you had a nice meeting.. hope you wear a helmet to keep everything inside so I dont have to use a little trowel

Perfect.. lets just hope you dont kill anyone else...

I hope you never meet your stupidity.. but if you do I hope the policeman there shakes his head just like everyone else
You drive better high..LMAO if it wasnt so serious.. any other potheads want to defend this guy?

I detect a DUI in your future and a sad reality wake up

Old 03-30-2015, 03:30 PM

Quote:
But please.. I love to learn so post up your factoids

Every DUI is a murder waiting to happen...
Hmmm..... using your logic, every cop is a power abuser waiting to happen.

Old 03-30-2015, 03:55 PM

Quote:
You want to argue for the sake of arguing.. talk to yourself... ANY inebriation behind the wheel of a 4000 pound bullet is stupid.. shows a disconnect to the world.. and is a death wish...
ANY macho cop with an inflated sense of power with a gun in his hand is stupid.....shows a disconnect to the world.. and is a death wish...

Old 03-30-2015, 08:16 PM

Wow... powerful argument about DUI...and for willies reserve... or perhaps too much personal intake of that reserve

I'll just go away now....not

Idiots support DUI...no other conclusion can be reached... but then again those who use drugs are wholly disconnected

Willie Nelson is a legend in his own mind... liberal Hollywood gave him breaks not any real talent.... just because he was a young doper and now an old rich doper doesn't make him a worthwhile person... well.. wrong.. his worth is measured by other dopers...

Lovely

Last edited by notmeofficer; 03-30-2015 at 08:25 PM..

Old 03-30-2015, 08:54 PM

Please do go away. We don't need power hungry cops with guns. Idiots support power hungry cops. No other conclusion can be reached.

Willy Nelson is a wonderful person who gave millions to charity and gave all of us a lot of beautiful music. He is a legend in everyone's mind but yours. And I'm not a part of "liberal Hollywood".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies