Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 11:04 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

If we're gonna play THAT game: I'm 100% sure that MOST states have their list of "weird" politicians both Dem and Repub.

I live in Arizona and am a non practicing Catholic, let that "lady" TELL me to go to church, I'd laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 11:22 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Luckily for Arizona, the 1st amendment would make a bill like that entirely illegal. So this is nothing but a lune who got elected shooting off steam.
She wasn't elected through votes. Her predecessor apparently fell off a horse and died. She was put in office as a result.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:26 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Given the land was stolen from those who previously occupied it and then set about to cleanse the land of ethnic Indians, I see no evidence of this country ever having a moral compass.
Gimme a break!

Every country in the world has been conquered at some point in their history. Hey, Mom, I know! You can plan a world tour where you visit the graves of all the conquerors and yell at them!

Old 03-27-2015, 11:36 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
That isn't really what she said.
Don't bother.... it is kind of like Animal House when John Belushi talking about the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor..... sure he may have had a few facts wrong, but don't him when he's on a roll.

The lefties don't want to actually read the story, understand what was said and have to think. It is much easier to take 10 words out of context than to have to actually discuss the context in a respectful discussion.

Old 03-27-2015, 11:49 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
She was not seriously thinking it could be done as law.

She's still a nutter, though, because she was serious about sincerely wishing for it.

Last edited by ambient; 03-28-2015 at 12:10 AM..

Old 03-27-2015, 11:53 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's still a goofy thing to say.
No, it wasn't a goofy thing to say it would be nice if we didn't have to resort to allowing people to carry concealed weapons because so many people don't have a moral compass, which was the gist of what she said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The AZ GOP wants to ignore the Constitution.
So one Senator's musings, not a proposal mind you, but musings and hyperbole to make a point because an AZ GOP platform item?

Why is the left so intellectually lazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Is she going to force Jewish people to go to church on Sunday, also?
She isn't going to force anyone to do anything. She didn't even propose forcing anyone to do anything.

But I doubt you read her full comments because that might be hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
That's about as stupid as suggesting mandatory voting would be a good idea.
She didn't suggest mandatory church attendance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
She made an off the cuff comment during a debate on another issue. She was not seriously suggesting such a law, but making her opinion known that everyone should go to church. I agree with her, our nation is slipping further away from God, immoral behavior is more common than ever, and even encouraged now. We are becoming weak and decadent. This woman is right, I agree with her wholeheartedly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This woman is putting forth some of the most twisted logic ever. People need guns because not enough people go to church. Too funny--and only in America.
Her point was that if people today had a better moral grounding, they wouldn't need guns to protect themselves and their families.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:52 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I think this is fabulous.

All over the country right now, judges are forcing churches and pastors to go against their will and marry same sex couples.

So why not have the opposite also - force all of those same sex married couples to go to church once a week.

That is a lie, not one single church has or will be forced to marry anyone they choose not to. What purpose do you have to lie about this?

Old 03-28-2015, 02:38 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
SMH...one of our idiot state senators thinks it's not such a bad idea to make church attendance mandatory. Of course, she's a GOP member.

I just can't right now...(head in hands)..

AZ Senator: Church attendance should be mandatory - CBS 5 - KPHO

These two should be together;

Old 03-28-2015, 02:43 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Politicians say goofy things all the time.
Like this:
Left-wing state legislator: Police are worse than ISIS | WashingtonExaminer.com

Old 03-28-2015, 03:00 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
SMH...one of our idiot state senators thinks it's not such a bad idea to make church attendance mandatory. Of course, she's a GOP member.

I just can't right now...(head in hands)..

AZ Senator: Church attendance should be mandatory - CBS 5 - KPHO
I thought lefties liked things that are mandatory?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies