Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 07:18 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times

Advertisements

He's not getting work because the video he posted shows his propensity to act like a total a--hole. No one wants that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 07:20 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Umm?

I will no longer go to Chick-fil-a, but make no mistake, pretty much every person who falls under the "gay community and liberalism" category condemns ANYONE who attacked, harassed, or harrangued Chick-fil-a staff members. No one deserves to be harassed at work because of the beliefs of their employers. No one. This includes those who went to Chick-fil-a just to order water. That's not fair to any of the workers.

And I say that not only because I'm a decent person, but because I HAVE been that staff person dealing with the hate of the masses due to something my institution did that I had no say in (and many callers weren't even as nice as the jerk in question here).

Just because someone supports you or your point of view doesn't mean you support their bad behavior. Why would you assume anything else?
Honestly, you don't sound like a decent person to me. A decent person says "no one deserves to be harassed at work because of their beliefs", not "no one deserves to be harassed at work because of the beliefs of their employers"

If you can sleep at night knowing that someone lost their means of sustenance because you harassed them for having different opinions than you do, then you aren't a decent person. Sorry.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:22 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
He's not getting work because the video he posted shows his propensity to act like a total a--hole. No one wants that.
Granted he will probably never hold another executive position but that doesn't mean he cannot work. Society should not have to continue to pay for his stupidity. He needs to grow up and be a man. ***** happens to people every day and they go on. He is setting a terrible example for his two sons.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:39 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He was actually hired at another company and 2 weeks later, the CEO found out he was the guy in the video, and he was then re-fired..
I say too bad so sad..He's just another high paid employee who got axed..due to his opinions...yet thousands of the same level or slightly lower got axed..because company needed to maintain their bottomline...and none of those guys /gals deserved it..but was due to financial circumstances...yet Gop type declare those same folks as takers, not makers..even tho they were forced to take minimum paying jobs...This guy could do the same..No?? Why should there be any whining about his situation?????

BTW~~ People get fired all the time for things that firms say..Not a good fit..or under-proformed..ya know the usual excuse....I'm totally amazed at any outrage on how this man suffered and get's judged according to society/business necessity to maintain market valuations in the Market....Corporations are people too, huh??

Old 03-28-2015, 08:09 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Honestly, you don't sound like a decent person to me. A decent person says "no one deserves to be harassed at work because of their beliefs", not "no one deserves to be harassed at work because of the beliefs of their employers"

If you can sleep at night knowing that someone lost their means of sustenance because you harassed them for having different opinions than you do, then you aren't a decent person. Sorry.
Who harassed him? Furthermore, he can have an opinion. It doesn't give him a right insult people. That right there, deems him not a nice person. I agree with the poster you responded to and not you.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:10 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,585 times
Default Excellent!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I say too bad so sad..He's just another high paid employee who got axed..due to his opinions...yet thousands of the same level or slightly lower got axed..because company needed to maintain their bottomline...and none of those guys /gals deserved it..but was due to financial circumstances...yet Gop type declare those same folks as takers, not makers..even tho they were forced to take minimum paying jobs...This guy could do the same..No?? Why should there be any whining about his situation?????

BTW~~ People get fired all the time for things that firms say..Not a good fit..or under-proformed..ya know the usual excuse....I'm totally amazed at any outrage on how this man suffered and get's judged according to society/business necessity to maintain market valuations in the Market....Corporations are people too, huh??
Braaaavooooooo!!!!

Old 03-28-2015, 09:56 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Usually I have some type of sympathy for people that made mistakes and were humbled but I have absolutely zero left for the liberal left. Some of them are truly evil and have done nothing but persecute Christian people and Christian values for a long time. They have gotten away with it so much here and abroad. Well I hope they are thoroughly enjoying what happens when you purposefully and wickedly try to intimidate and attack other people and end up losing your livelihood like they have done to many Christian business owners.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:09 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Not a freedom of speech issue. freedom of speech protects you from legall persecution. Speech still has consequences, and he is finding that out. Just ask Mr sterling.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:12 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
But I do hope he can eventually find a job. Acting like a **** is bad, but I still want him to have a job and provide for his family.
That's rich coming from you. I have almost never heard any of you liberals inquiring or remotely concerned about the Christian business owners whose livelihoods were lost as a result of some leftwing nutjob taking them to court and having them lose everything. I never heard any of you give a damn about the family they had to support. So why are you acting like you care now? Coming from the same people who support abortion? Please.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:43 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Default Poetic Justice; ex-CFO Who Crticized Chic-Fil-A Employee On Food Stamps

Minimally it's poetic justice, but lacks an ironic twist... has he turned down a job offer from Chick-fil-A yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies