Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 07:29 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

I wonder who gave him that beating. He's been as meek as a kitten ever since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 07:43 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
This should tell you everything you want to know about the character of this particular weasel.

Schumer reassures New York about Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal, doesn’t mention his brother was the dealmaker - Eyes on the Ties

Old 03-28-2015, 08:01 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I wonder who gave him that beating. He's been as meek as a kitten ever since.
That's exactly what I was saying last night after I saw him on the nightly news, I just don't buy the workout/treadmill accident. Somebody beat his ass.

Old 03-28-2015, 08:04 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,995,214 times
A hardcore opponent of human freedom who decries it as "absolutism" that is bought and paid for by the establishment and deep state that is destroying America is the next in line* to be Democratic leader. However, consider that that description closely fits the current leader as well, so I wouldn't say we're losing anything in this change.

It's interesting to note that the current leadership team of the party which supposedly now represents youth and the future actually rather geriatric. Harry Reid is 75, Dick Durbin is 70, Nancy Pelosi is 75, Steny Hoyer is 75, and Jim Clyburn is 74. Their entire Congressional leadership team is over the age of 70. The executive branch isn't terribly better; Joe Biden is 72, rounding out the 70+ Democrat club. Of the entire federal Democratic leadership Obama, at 53, is the only one under the age of 70, and even he isn't looking too good lately; his hair is short, thin, and pretty gray, but that's just due to a bad case of Presidential aging.

How will Schumer change this picture? As of the next Congress Schumer will be 66 years old, which while slightly younger than anyone currently in the leadership is not even middle-aged, let alone youthful. Not even the borderline geriatric character of the leadership will change! It's not a given, of course, that all the current leadership will be the same after the 2016 elections, but I wouldn't bet on any huge changes. I also find it interesting that this is a sign that Reid perhaps isn't as optimistic as most of the media is on the chances of Democrats getting back the Senate in 2016 and thus Reid getting his Senate leadership back if he stayed on .

*I say next in line because Inauguration 2017 is still nearly two years off, and there's always the possibility of something happening to Schumer in all that time. After all, who would have predicted Reid getting an injury that would be condemned as unrealistic melodrama if it happened to a villain in a political drama film?

Old 03-28-2015, 10:02 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
A hardcore opponent of human freedom who decries it as "absolutism" that is bought and paid for by the establishment and deep state that is destroying America is the next in line* to be Democratic leader. However, consider that that description closely fits the current leader as well, so I wouldn't say we're losing anything in this change.

It's interesting to note that the current leadership team of the party which supposedly now represents youth and the future actually rather geriatric. Harry Reid is 75, Dick Durbin is 70, Nancy Pelosi is 75, Steny Hoyer is 75, and Jim Clyburn is 74. Their entire Congressional leadership team is over the age of 70. The executive branch isn't terribly better; Joe Biden is 72, rounding out the 70+ Democrat club. Of the entire federal Democratic leadership Obama, at 53, is the only one under the age of 70, and even he isn't looking too good lately; his hair is short, thin, and pretty gray, but that's just due to a bad case of Presidential aging.

How will Schumer change this picture? As of the next Congress Schumer will be 66 years old, which while slightly younger than anyone currently in the leadership is not even middle-aged, let alone youthful. Not even the borderline geriatric character of the leadership will change! It's not a given, of course, that all the current leadership will be the same after the 2016 elections, but I wouldn't bet on any huge changes. I also find it interesting that this is a sign that Reid perhaps isn't as optimistic as most of the media is on the chances of Democrats getting back the Senate in 2016 and thus Reid getting his Senate leadership back if he stayed on .

*I say next in line because Inauguration 2017 is still nearly two years off, and there's always the possibility of something happening to Schumer in all that time. After all, who would have predicted Reid getting an injury that would be condemned as unrealistic melodrama if it happened to a villain in a political drama film?
The Dem bigwigs ARE getting up there in age. Crazy because about 10 years ago it was the Repub big dogs who were mostly old dudes, not in 2015.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:17 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Schumer may well be the biggest Nanny State Big Government idiot in the history of the world.
---------------------------------------
It's long been said that the most dangerous place in Washington is between Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) and a TV camera.

With news of the resignation of the historically awful Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.), the odds are good that Schumer will now ascend to the role of Senate Minority Leader. Indeed, Reid—who's one clear accomplishment after 600 years in office was putting the late Robert Byrd to sleep while talking about soldiers and war—has anointed Schumer his preferred successor.

So what kind of leader is Chuck Schumer? He is among the very most trivial politicians to serve in that crucible of triviality, mediocrity, and dead weight we call the U.S. Senate.

No issue is too stupid or inconsequential for Schumer to weigh in on, inevitably calling for a ban or regulation that serves no other possible purpose than to shine a light on the glory and grandeur of Chuck Schumer.

UPDATED! Meet Chuck Schumer, One of the Most Trivial Pols Ever. And Your Next Senate Minority Leader - Hit & Run : Reason.com
At least he's honest enough to admit they shouldn't have passed Obamacare,

while Reid has been Obama's lap dog.

Of course, he was for the wars before he was against them. Typical politicians!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The Dem bigwigs ARE getting up there in age. Crazy because about 10 years ago it was the Repub big dogs who were mostly old dudes, not in 2015.
It's ironic that the Pubs are now the "younger" party and they have more women and minorities in congress than the Dems ever had.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:27 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Schumer even wears his glasses like grandma. If it exists, he wants it condemned or banned. No e-cigarettes, fast food bread, energy drinks, bitcoins, "delicious-looking" detergent, no internationally produced Olympic uniforms, etc., but don't worry, you can still kill your babies.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:37 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
There will always be creeps like Schumer, Reid, McCain, Graham, etc. which is why there needs to be drastic limits on the size and scope of government

Old 03-28-2015, 10:45 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Schumer even wears his glasses like grandma. If it exists, he wants it condemned or banned. No e-cigarettes, fast food bread, energy drinks, bitcoins, "delicious-looking" detergent, no internationally produced Olympic uniforms, etc., but don't worry, you can still kill your babies.
When has it ever been legal to kill babies? People go to prison for doing that.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:04 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I can't believe even Dems are dumb enough to vote that corrupt POS as minority leader.
I really like Chuck Schumer. And the best part is the GOP has been whining about Reid for years. Now comes Chuck Schumer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies