Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 01:51 PM

16,620 posts, read 8,632,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Yes, violence goes both ways. But according to FBI stats, for every black person killed by a white each year, 2.5 white people are killed by black. Those stats remain the same year after year. There comes a point where it's not a coincidence.
I thought the figure was higher than that, or maybe it was based on a per capita basis. I know the rape stats are almost all one sided with blacks raping whites, and virtually no whites raping blacks.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:54 PM

19,849 posts, read 12,119,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Supposedly he was asked what he thought about the Michael Brown case, but answered wrong.
Hey dude, let me take a look at your phone. No? What do you think of Michael Brown? Wrong answer!

The mental midget in the red cap was itching to beat someone up that night and the commuter drew the losing straw. Sad how everyone just let them keep going, kicking and waling on an innocent person. At least they had their smartphones out to record the action.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:57 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,946,866 times
They're idiots for sure, but not sure why he just sat there. Come on, defend yourself man.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:03 PM

19,849 posts, read 12,119,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
They're idiots for sure, but not sure why he just sat there. Come on, defend yourself man.
No, they are punk thugs.

Seriously? It already was 3 on 1 and he was getting no support. No need to pile on more aggressors. Blame the victim. smh

Old 03-28-2015, 02:09 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,536,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
That's probably why they picked him out

Old 03-28-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
That's probably why they picked him out
Exactly-they're cowards.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No, they are punk thugs.

Seriously? It already was 3 on 1 and he was getting no support. No need to pile on more aggressors. Blame the victim. smh
I'm not blaming the victim, but why let these cowards get away with it? That goes to the people on the train that just sat there too...

I don't care how many people it is; I would never sit there and let someone repeatedly hit me in the face.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:25 PM

267 posts, read 311,615 times
I just want to know why race matters in this crime at all. Unless it was racially motivated, and it doesn't sound like it was, this just sounds like a horrible, disgusting incident perpetrated by sick individuals who deserve to have the shoe thrown at them. The reality is that type of incidents occur quite regularly in the United States, and a lot of them go unreported. Why focus on race? If the people involved were all of the same race, or if the perpetrators were white and the victims black I don't think that it would be any more or less disgusting and tragic to me. There aren't enough words for me to describe what should happen to people like this.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 03-28-2015 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: Removed deleted quote

Old 03-28-2015, 03:35 PM

267 posts, read 311,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
And you don't think the mind numbed media sensationalizes one over the other?
Back at you?

The mainstream media will only show news that promotes they're agenda. Even if they have to ignore some stories, and lie and distort the truth in others.

Old 03-28-2015, 03:43 PM

78,477 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Don't know if this has been posted but when I watched it, it made my blood boil. Guy was minding his own damn business and this happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URWzlADbdGM

A few comments:

1. So where are all the black people condemning this? Again it needs to be said that everyone damn well knows if the person being attacked was black and the perpetrators were white that the outrage among blacks would boil over and they would be out on the streets yet again protesting and yelling for justice and harsh punishment for the attackers over this racial attack.

But because its blacks who YET AGAIN are attacking non-black people like they so often do on a daily basis, we won't hear ONE DAMN WORD from any black person on this unprovoked and vicious attack because you know 'this is just a minority' of blacks behaving this way.

2. Blacks keep crying about being negatively profiled and being stereotyped as a violent people. Well when crap like in this video keeps happening again and again without any end in sight, blacks have no one to blame BUT THEMSELVES for how others perceive them.

People continue to time and again give blacks the benefit of the doubt, but instead of actively working hard at changing how people perceive them, they instead go full speed ahead in the opposite direction and do NOTHING BUT REINFORCE perceptions of them by continually committing acts of violence like in the video again and again with little remorse or care as to how it affects their image.

Seriously I'm so tired of the double standards that we have in our society today where one group of people can get away with so much racial violence and yet STILL have the gall to call themselves victims, while the people who are actually the victims most of the time can't call out the perpetrators and demand a stop to this violence for fear of being called racists. What kind of messed up and sad world do we live in that the perpetrators of the majority of racial violence are protected so much more than the victims are?? >_>
On the CNN website where I first saw this, there was a St. Louis community leader (black) condemning the attack.

You might want to look around first before making such claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies