Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 03:59 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,126,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
You are just being stupid and you know it.
No, dramatic to make the point.

Plants do intact "scream" when you tear them.
And "feel pain"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/15/sc...food.html?_r=0

Quote:
Eating meat is what defies all logic, unless you are in a survival situation or you are a hedonist. You cannot justify eating meat logically without justifying eating humans at the same time, unless you revert to speciesist arguments, which are based in illogic themselves. What makes it okay to treat a pig terriblly, then kill it and eat it purely to satisfy your tastebuds? The only reasonable argument could be that it is because we are more intelligent then them. However, pigs are more intelligent than toddlers so we should be able to do worse to toddlers then to pigs if that is your logic.
Sure I can.

Look at your teeth.
Your not a herbivore.

The rest of your so called argument is the stupidity I was just accused of by you!
(although I would call it sensationalism.)

Old 04-02-2015, 04:12 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

Seriously, I do NOT understand the rationale behind this. It defies all logical thinking and no formula computes. The US is the only country that a "movement" like this could EVER hope to see any press. That's not a good thing, BTW. It means the inmatesare running the institution. Do, please, try this inane babble in China, Russia, Japan or any number of other "civilized" nations, and see how far it gets. You would be laughed out of any circles with anything resembling human brains. And life will go on. (Sigh) yep...only in America.

Starting to feel a bit alone, or at least, severely, outnumbered, yet? This "animal rights" stuff carries ZERO weight, anywhere but the US. And then, only when politically expedient. . Try selling this crap in the Phillipines, or anywhere in Asia, for that matter. The regulation placed on average folks raising chickens , here, would be seen with incredulity, at the least. Not to mention large scale food processing.

Sheesh! The "animal rights" crowd needs to wake up from this dream, induced by I know not what.
Unless you have lived in these countries you have mentioned, absorbed their WHOLE CULTURE, I really don't think you can spew these things.

How about making a thread here on CD in that Country section, ask them THEN come back and post some info from people who would know!!

Old 04-02-2015, 04:15 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,768,350 times
Some people like to be pro-CHOICE.

Why can't vegans allow people to CHOOSE what they want to eat, meat or not?

Far too many are pro-choice when it comes to human reproduction, but feel it's ok to dictate what people eat.

YOU don't like to eat meat? Fine, don't eat it. But don't tell others what they should and should not eat.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:21 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,522,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post

Far too many are pro-choice when it comes to human reproduction, but feel it's ok to dictate what people eat.

YOU don't like to eat meat? Fine, don't eat it. But don't tell others what they should and should not eat.
Peach....
Isn't this thread about animal abuse???

Old 04-02-2015, 04:35 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,548,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post

Look at your teeth.
Your not a herbivore.

There are many herbivore animals with some pretty scary looking canine teeth. Here is just one example The gorilla eats vegan foods with only 3% of its diet coming from the occasional bug, yet look at it's teeth.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:37 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,662,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post

Plants do intact "scream" when you tear them.
And "feel pain"

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/15/sc...food.html?_r=0
The science on whether or not plants feel pain is still very questionable and up for debate. Plants aren't sentient, we know that many animals we eat are. Even if plants were could feel pain, vegetarians and vegans would still be reducing harm because food animals eat plants. Meat eaters kill more plants than vegetarians or vegans.

Quote:
Sure I can.

Look at your teeth.
Your not a herbivore.

The rest of your so called argument is the stupidity I was just accused of by you!
(although I would call it sensationalism.)
We are omnivores that don't need to eat meat to be healthy. Humans can digest meat, they can also use their opposable thumbs to grab clubs to bash people over the head with, it doens't mean that they should.

Old 04-02-2015, 04:38 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,662,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post

The same reason people who are against slavery aren't pro-choice about it. I don't care about what you eat, if you want to eat animals that died naturally go ahead be my guest. I care about whether animals are continually raised to be slaughtered for the sake of your tastebuds at the expense of the environment, ethics and people all over the world.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:12 PM

124 posts, read 141,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scasch View Post
Is this way of life acceptable for your family pet? Also, do they say what happens to the male chicks? The majority are immediately discarded b/c they do not contribute to egg production. And all that soy and corn they are consuming is responsible for horrendous environmental degradation. There is no viable argument for supporting the meat industry. "Humane," or otherwise, except that you just don't care. I have only recently become aware of "the facts," and it is undeniably appalling.
Earthlings // Feature | Earthlings

Like I said, Bell & Evans is very humane...compared to the rest.

Last year, Bell & Evans broke ground on a brand new chicken plant in Fredericksburg that will cost $60 million. Trust me, they aren't building dungeons and torture chambers.

They also bought an additional 113 acres in Fredericksburg with plans to build a new processing plant, a new hatchery, a small Kosher plant and a facility to produce organic pet food products.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:44 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Eating meat is what defies all logic, unless you are in a survival situation or you are a hedonist. You cannot justify eating meat logically without justifying eating humans at the same time, unless you revert to speciesist arguments, which are based in illogic themselves. What makes it okay to treat a pig terriblly, then kill it and eat it purely to satisfy your tastebuds? The only reasonable argument could be that it is because we are more intelligent then them. However, pigs are more intelligent than toddlers so we should be able to do worse to toddlers then to pigs if that is your logic.

Are you for real? You're equating eating meat with cannibalism?

I don't even eat meat, and I think that's nuts! Yeesh.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:01 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,126,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
There are many herbivore animals with some pretty scary looking canine teeth. Here is just one example The gorilla eats vegan foods with only 3% of its diet coming from the occasional bug, yet look at it's teeth.
First Proof Gorillas Eat Monkeys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies