Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 06:45 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,598,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoliticallyConscious View Post
Many Liberals I know are atheist.
B.S. They believe in the almighty government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2015, 07:03 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
They drove me out, primarily due to their irrational hatred of everybody but themselves.
Good case in point, thanks.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
I am all too aware of the notion of free speech, as under liberal rule, it has all but been shattered.

You are the ones who seem to be confused. I'm not talking about the liberals who merely support free speech. I'm talking about the ones who attempt to make Islam look like what it isn't. The ones who defend it by pointing out the "positives" of the religion. Is that still free speech? You won't find many conservatives defending the religion in that manner. I'm not saying it is you or others on this board specifically. But your party does it far more than ours. I mean just look at Obama's sucking up to Islam? Pathetic.
AllI can say is that anyone who thinks muslims are by definition evil is *extremely* confused. Apparently, you need boxes in order to think, and can't deal with human complexity.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:23 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Liberals are Christians also. Get off your high horse.
Quote:
Many Liberals I know are atheist.
Many liberals I knew are Jewish.

There are also many Buddhists who are liberal.

Sorry, what was the question again?

Old 03-31-2015, 09:33 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
I always hear liberals claiming their ideology is "progressive," "open-minded" and "modern."

Tell me, what is so progressive about treating a woman as if she's a commodity to do as you please with? What is so open-minded about female genital mutilation? What is so modern about stoning people to death?

I'm always baffled whenever a Christian says something politically incorrect, and you get frothing-at-the-mouth lefties describing Christianity as "backward." But when someone says the same of Islam, those same liberals jump on a grenade in defense.

Why is that?

Why the glaring hypocrisy?
The average progressive does not support every Muslim because they are Muslim. None would say it's ok to treat women as lesser or stone homosexuals or do any of the extreme things ISIS does. Many progressives are more likely to say we should get out the Middle East because it's not our business, but this is not the same thing as supporting groups like ISIS being in power.

The average progressive does not like painting all Muslims as the same. They will support and tirelessly defend the westernized Muslim. Is this a form of hypocrisy? Maybe slightly, though not nearly to the extent you're trying to make it out to be.

You need to understand this: when events like the Charlie Hebdo attack happen, and progressive come to the front lines to say 'not all Muslims,' the reactionaries treat this as saying anything a Muslim does it ok because some Muslims do good things. That's not the case. I do agree. Many progressives treat these attacks wrong, spending too much time protecting Islam and not demanding that attacks like this be prevented. But at the same time, those on the right spend too much time thinking about this as Islam and not enough time understanding the diversity that exists within Islam.

Both do this because they do not understand. They are not around Muslims enough to understand the complexity of Islam.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:34 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
I always hear liberals claiming their ideology is "progressive," "open-minded" and "modern."

Tell me, what is so progressive about treating a woman as if she's a commodity to do as you please with? What is so open-minded about female genital mutilation? What is so modern about stoning people to death?

I'm always baffled whenever a Christian says something politically incorrect, and you get frothing-at-the-mouth lefties describing Christianity as "backward." But when someone says the same of Islam, those same liberals jump on a grenade in defense.

Why is that?

Good questions. And skimming through this thread I see that not one lefty has even attempted to compose a good answer.

Edit: I see that Dusty has done a pretty good job just above me.

Old 03-31-2015, 09:46 PM

580 posts, read 449,883 times
Quote:

Why is that?

More from the "Incredibly Stupid or Willfully Ignorant"â„¢ crowd.

Sorry, but Islam is a right-leaning religion.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:

Why is that?

I have not heard this, before.
Who do you hear this from?

Many men , of all or no religion, treat women as commodities. Some women do, too.

Most Muslims are moderate. Most Muslims do not mutilate females. They do however mutilate male genitalia. But then again so do most Jews and as do many in the US, regardless of religion.

Stoning sucks. There are 50 Muslim majority countries. The overwhelming majority do not stone. Saudi Arabia, a long time US Allie, does. Go figure, eh.

Depending on who is counting, there are 30-40,000 different Christian denominations. It is not possible to judge all Christians alike. Same goes for Jews and Muslims sects and respective tribal customs.

Christians have murdered more Jews in the past 100 years than Muslims have. Muslims have killed more Muslims than anyone else. Go figure, eh.

Sounds to me like a whole lot of people of faith kill other people of faith and have been doing so in the name of their faith for thousands of years.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:08 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Many liberals want to destroy Christians and Christianity and they see Muslims doing the dirty work they wouldn't want to do personally. so bottom line, both Muslims and Liberals hate to see strong Christians and want to destroy/rid the world of them....alignment of convenience.

Old 03-31-2015, 10:10 PM

157 posts, read 96,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Many liberals want to destroy Christians and Christianity and they see Muslims doing the dirty work they wouldn't want to do personally. so bottom line, both Muslims and Liberals hate to see strong Christians and want to destroy/rid the world of them....alignment of convenience.
Your claim is that liberals are using Muslims as tools to destroy Christians. Wow. That's ... um .. something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies