Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 05:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This is the best news I have heard lately. The greatest threat to civilization is war between the US and China, much like Athens and Sparta. The more Chinese females that come here to have anchor babies, the less likely is WWIII between US and China.
You see though, most of them go home. Having their child born in the US is for future US education for their kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 05:43 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This is the best news I have heard lately. The greatest threat to civilization is war between the US and China, much like Athens and Sparta. The more Chinese females that come here to have anchor babies, the less likely is WWIII between US and China.
Nonsense! If anything they will take over this country by births not a war. Do you want us to turn into an Asian country in identity culturally and linguistically? I certainly don't!

Old 04-01-2015, 05:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Nonsense! If anything they will take over this country by births not a war. Do you want us to turn into an Asian country in identity culturally and linguistically? I certainly don't!
Well, given the choice of rich Chinese over poor Mexicans I think I'd go with the Chinese.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:56 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I think that if you're born here, you're a US citizen. That doesn't mean your illegal or foreign born parents have a right to stay here, though. And you may well have to live with them until you can come back here when you're an adult.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
would that make them 'mother flockers"

Old 04-01-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I think that if you're born here, you're a US citizen. That doesn't mean your illegal or foreign born parents have a right to stay here, though. And you may well have to live with them until you can come back here when you're an adult.
I doesn't matter what you "think". The writer's of the 14th Amendment made it clear at the time what qualifies one as a birthright citizen and it didn't include children born from illegal aliens. Its merely been a PC "practice". It is not only bankrupting our nation but making a joke of our citizenship.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well, given the choice of rich Chinese over poor Mexicans I think I'd go with the Chinese.
I don't go with either. We are not an Asian nor a Hispanic nation in identity. No country in the world want their cultural identify changed in that manner.

Old 04-01-2015, 06:30 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
"Investigators said they were looking for evidence of visa fraud, conspiracy and other crimes in which women were helped to fabricate documents for visa applications and coached to falsely claim that they were traveling to the U.S. for tourism. "

Feds raid alleged Chinese 'maternity tourism' operations in California - LA Times

"“U.S. might refuse entry [if] the belly is too big,” one business stated on its website, advising women to travel at 24 to 30 weeks into their pregnancy, according to an affidavit. “The size of the belly is quite important to determine when you should arrive in Los Angeles.”

Feds raid alleged Chinese 'maternity tourism' operations in California - LA Times

More than 400 women associated with the Irvine location have given birth at one Orange County hospital since 2013, agents wrote in the affidavit. One of the women paid $4,080 out of $28,845 in hospital bills when her bank account showed charges at Wynn Las Vegas and purchases at Rolex and Louis Vuitton stores, the affidavit said.

No arrests were made, though authorities said those involved could face tax evasion and money laundering charges for hiding income from the lucrative business.

Still screaming discrimination even no arrests were made?

Since when visa fraud, conspiracy, and other crimes = come here legally.

since when "advising women to travel at 24 weeks into their pregnancy" = come here legally

since when "Paid $4,080 out of $ 28,845 in hospital bill = Helping American economy?

There are MANY hard working, honest Chinese immigrants in this country, Is this negative image fair to them?

Old 04-01-2015, 07:31 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The US and Canada are the only two first world nations that still allow birthright citizenship.
They are the two countries that condone women that give birth for the sole purpose of gaining an immigration advantage in one of those two countries - a child that is nothing more than a means to an end.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:36 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
How far Chinese moms will go to have U.S. babies - Mar. 30, 2015

CA is a favorite spot, as in state tuition for UC schools for their future US citizen is cheaper .
I've noticed this odd phenomenon.. I'll be shopping at a plaza, and all of a sudden I'll see groups of younger pregnant Chinese women walking around and shopping with each other, and the whole scene looks so obvious.

They'll even shop at Costco and share one card per every other pregnant mom standing in line.

There was a bust in Irvine in which an entire complex was set up for these Chinese mothers to birth their kids here.

I see it fairly often. Seems so bizarre. Pregnancy pilgrimage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies