Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 07:38 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times

Advertisements

Population

Where will they come from, where will they go ...

China: 1.4 billion
India: 1.3 billion
US: 325 million
Canada: 33 million
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 07:42 PM

491 posts, read 324,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The US and Canada are the only first world countries.

How many do you think flock to Venezuela to have their babies ?
I never said I agree with the law. I am quite strict on immigration.

I welcome doctors, engineering, software experts, teachers, scientists, athletes and anyone else exceptional who has social and economic capital irrespective of their origin. Scores of millions of third worlders to man small stores, pick fruit, clog up the retail jobs or whatever else they do are not needed.

Are we short of idiots who lack employable skills meaning we have to import them?

Don't think so.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleiron1968 View Post
I never said I agree with the law. I am quite strict on immigration.

I welcome doctors, engineering, software experts, teachers, scientists, athletes and anyone else exceptional who has social and economic capital irrespective of their origin. Scores of millions of third worlders to man small stores, pick fruit, clog up the retail jobs or whatever else they do are not needed.

Are we short of idiots who lack employable skills meaning we have to import them?

Don't think so.
I'd like to see a return to the belief that if there is no one in the country that can do the job, then sure, let someone from somewhere else fill the position. However, there are plenty of qualified people that are unable to find work while non-citizen employees fill good jobs.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:32 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I've never liked the anchor baby thing, but it's a big ass hole in our constitutional law. The Founders had vision, but they could only see so far.

But as long as the kids grow up to be productive, I can live with it.
Whether they are "productive" or not is only part of the issue. I am not keen on dual citizenship in general, especially with countries like China, Russia, Iran, Venezuela, etc that are ... not exactly on friendly terms with the United States. It raises a whole host of questions regarding loyalty. Who are they loyal to? The US or the PRC? Therein lies the problem.

I don't think the US should allow dual citizenship period.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:13 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Why shouldn't they get a piece of what is left?

Old 04-01-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why shouldn't they get a piece of what is left?
How long will it take before the population of the US and Canada are 1.4 billion, with the majority immigrating from China and India. What happens next, when there's no where left to go? Shouldn't countries find ways to sustain their populations rather than simply soft-invade every place on earth?

I actually take issue with the cultural invasion. I like where I live. It's a good place to be, but what was once a culture where, for example, people politely waited their turn (such as making an honest application to immigrate), there's now a push push push to get ahead because it's possible. It's always been possible to trample others to get to the front, but that was not part of the culture. Today, it seems to be increasingly part of the culture. It's becoming an ugly culture, in my opinion.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 PM

31,004 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Wrong.
https://students.ucsd.edu/finances/f.../criteria.html

There are many ways to game these requirements if you have an anchor baby born in CA.
They are experts at gaming our system and getting us to pay for them. After all they won the golden ticket! People like saying that they all come from Mexico, which in part is still true but many more are now coming from Russia and its former states, China, Vietnam, Somalia, and the Middle East.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
"We"? These mothers are Chinese women who have no intention of becoming American. They only want to take advantage of America's absurd birthright citizenship law and game the system to the benefit of their Chinese families.
You have that correct... "America's absurd birthright citizenship law"...anyone in Congress or the chief bottle washer give a sheet-cake?

Old 04-01-2015, 10:59 PM

31,004 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I doesn't matter what you "think". The writer's of the 14th Amendment made it clear at the time what qualifies one as a birthright citizen and it didn't include children born from illegal aliens. Its merely been a PC "practice". It is not only bankrupting our nation but making a joke of our citizenship.
They didn't intend it to work that way but it sure is. I will get worse every year until we won't be able to absorb the millions flocking here. The weight will collapse us as a country. The following countries don't have Birthright citizenship even those that the Left wishes to emulate.

Andorra
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Bermuda
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Faroe Islands
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Holy See
Hong Kong
Iceland
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Liechtenstein
Luxembourg
Malta
Monaco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Portugal
San Marino
Singapore
Slovakia
Slovenia
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
United Kingdom

Old 04-02-2015, 01:34 AM

518 posts, read 871,604 times
Is this news to people? Non-citizens from all over the world take advantage of our beyond stupid birthright citizenship law. But at this point who really cares? The USA is imploding from its own stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies