Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2015, 02:54 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Megyn: 'Just Disgusting' That Harry Reid Doesn't Regret Romney Tax Claim

Megyn: 'Just Disgusting' That Harry Reid Doesn't Regret Romney Tax Claim

Long past time for Harry to go. Good thing he is retiring.
Sounds to me like the kind of trick a Republican would use and nobody would have any problems with it. The Democrat would lose their election and then later it would turn out the charge was false and the conservatives would actually be proud of it. There is no way in hell Reid should apologize and I'm glad he didn't
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 02:57 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
“It’s just disgusting,” Kelly told Dana Loesch. “He’s not even ashamed that he lied. He’s proud of it because in his world, apparently, the ends justified the means.”

Yes, the ends DOES justify the means, that is a standard started by Kelly's side. Anytime anybody pointed out any of Karl Rove's **** the typical con response was "So? Bush won didn't he?"

Old 04-02-2015, 02:57 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Romney was hiding something, most likely an off the record settlement for tax fraud. Reid's only problem was that he should have provided the details and exposed the bum.
Yeah, it's always better to lie than provide evidence.

Ask Lois and Hillary.........hell, ask anyone in this administration.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:38 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Sounds to me like the kind of trick a Republican would use and nobody would have any problems with it. The Democrat would lose their election and then later it would turn out the charge was false and the conservatives would actually be proud of it. There is no way in hell Reid should apologize and I'm glad he didn't
The Democrats' biggest problem... Independents don't share your paranoid delusions about fictional Republicans - all they see is Harry smirking at his own smarmy lies.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:22 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Do you think it will ever come out who beat him up?

Old 04-02-2015, 07:37 AM

59,054 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
And BTW, I never had much opinion on Reid until he told us about Romney's taxes. Well played, Harry. Well played.
I am NOT surprised you would believe the lies Ole' harry has said.

Your OWN hatred and bias is VERY apparent.

We have knon for YEARS with the left the end justifies the means.

Lie, cheat, steal, destroy people's lives. Who cares. Do WHATEVER you have to do to "win"!

It is nothing NEW with the left. They have been doing it for years. I remember John Tower. "Where do I go to get my reputation back?"

I'm sure we can produce a list as long as your arm.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:41 AM

59,054 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Romney was hiding something, most likely an off the record settlement for tax fraud. Reid's only problem was that he should have provided the details and exposed the bum.
"Reid's only problem was that he should have provided the details" And how would he have gotten them?

Why didn't the press pursue reid when he made the statement?

The ONLY way he could have gotten the 'info" was through the IRS itself, which is AGAINST The LAW.

Where was the press? Where was Holder?

"Ponderosa" was a fantasy place. I believe you live in "fantasy" land.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:32 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Harry Reid's Legacy PERFECTLY Summed Up With One Cartoon | The Federalist Papers
"KRAUTHAMMER: Harry, we hardly knew ye and what we did know, we didn’t like.
Now, I know you’re not supposed to dance on the grave of the newly dead but this is only a politically death, so those rules don’t apply and I will be unrestrained. I’m not against the fact that he was a partisan with sharp elbows and all that, but I do think he was a disgrace to his own institution because he emasculated it in the name of protecting the president and trying to re-elect Democrats.

He didn’t succeed because he essentially shutdown the Senate as soon as Republicans took the House in 2010. He failed as a partisan because nine Senators of his party lost reelection. But he succeeded in protecting the president from having to exercise the veto and in order to achieve that, he killed his own institution."

Old 04-02-2015, 04:40 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I am NOT surprised you would believe the lies Ole' harry has said.

Your OWN hatred and bias is VERY apparent.

We have knon for YEARS with the left the end justifies the means.

Lie, cheat, steal, destroy people's lives. Who cares. Do WHATEVER you have to do to "win"!

It is nothing NEW with the left. They have been doing it for years. I remember John Tower. "Where do I go to get my reputation back?"

I'm sure we can produce a list as long as your arm.
Woah- who said I BELIEVED Harry?

Sure, I believe that Romney likely paid a very small percentage of his income in taxes- so little in fact that he was too embarrassed to release his tax info. He may be out of touch, but he understood that people wouldn't react well when the found out this rich kid who had everything handed to him was paying a lower tax rate than McDonalds workers.

I think Reid did a FINE job of exposing Romney. Cause even if Reid had no special information about it (and I don't think he did), the fact that Romney wasn't willing/able to prove him wrong pretty well shows that Reid's lie weren't that far from the truth.

Here, lemme serve you up some more truth:

Might makes right.

Perception IS reality.

Sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet.

Both the left and the right operate on these principles. So do most functional adults for that matter. The difference between me and you is that I don't lie to myself about it. I'm the most honest liar you'll ever meet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies