Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 07:49 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,792,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Statists oppose the church because it maintains there is something greater than the state.

Statists oppose the Constitution because it maintains there is something greater than the state.

Statists oppose the people because the people are greater than the state and only allow the state to govern by their consent.

For the people to assert their will over the state on a religious freedom issue is intolerable for a statist.
If you open a business, you open it for ALL citizens, not just the ones you like.

Dont republicans know stuff like this makes them look bad and turns people off to the message?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 07:52 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your argument would make every American, including yourself, a supporter of executing of gays.
I'm not the hypocrite who criticizes Indiana while doing business with countries who executes gays.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And they like to execute Christians too but I bet you have your Iphone and Ipod sitting next to you as you use your Ipad to post on here, put Saudi gas in your carand have items from China in your house. Talk about hypocrites.
I don't buy products based on the politics of the CEO. So no hypocrisy here. I don't plan to boycott Indiana. I don't plan to boycott China. I buy products because they have value.

Try again.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I don't buy products based on the politics of the CEO. So no hypocrisy here. I don't plan to boycott Indiana. I don't plan to boycott China. I buy products because they have value.

Try again.
You value freedom of speech and many other rights mentioned in the constitution that China does not.

By the definition you are using, that makes you a hypocrite.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:11 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
They have a point. Why are people giving the countries that do horrible things to women and gays a pass? They are hypocrites.

Again, wouldn't the best thing to do is to provide the citizens of these countries technical devices that will increase their access to information and communications? The best way to stand up to an oppressive government is information and the ability to organize (communications). Why would you want to further punish and hobble these abused citizens by denying them the tools to fight against this?

Old 04-01-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You value freedom of speech and many other rights mentioned in the constitution that China does not.

By the definition you are using, that makes you a hypocrite.
No, it does not. You don't even know what the word means. By the definition you are using, that makes you an idiot.

Old 04-01-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Again, wouldn't the best thing to do is to provide the citizens of these countries technical devices that will increase their access to information and communications? The best way to stand up to an oppressive government is information and the ability to organize (communications). Why would you want to further punish and hobble these abused citizens by denying them the tools to fight against this?
You missed the entire point. Nobody is saying Apple should not sell to evil countries. We are saying Tim Cook is a hypocrite for criticizing Indiana while at the same time selling to evil countries.

I don't care who Apple sells to. Just don't be a hypocrite.

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Liberals don't really care about gays. They just hate people who disagree with them and threaten their power in the U.S., I.e. Conservatives.

The foreign countries who are executing gays and the foreign gays getting executed, etc. are irrelevant to liberals because they can't vote.

I didn't want to bring this up but............

Quote:
Other prominent right-wing evangelicals have also made Uganda appearances, including California's Rick Warren and Lou Engle, who founded TheCall ministry. They met with politicians, hosted rallies and public meetings, and used their influence and credibility to contribute to a culture war in Uganda much more intense and explosive than anything seen in the United States; Lively himself described the work as a "nuclear bomb" in Uganda. These conservative evangelicals later distanced themselves from the law, saying they didn't think homosexuality should be criminalized, but it was too late.
How anti-gay Christians evangelize hate abroad

Who's Helping Finance Uganda's 'Kill the Gays' Bill? You Are

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Because he is a capitalist and its his job to make money for the shareholders. Yes, it really is that simple. Call it leftist if you must, but it's just the way capitalism works. The same countries violate many Christian values too. Should that mean all Christian CEOs are hypocrites for dealing with them? How about you? Are you a hypocrite for putting Saudi gas in your tank? According to your own argument the answer would be yes, but I think you know it doesn't make any sense.

The argument in the OP is weak. Let it go.
Oh snap! You just learned them a thing!

Old 04-01-2015, 08:17 PM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Nice spin....you have a career in politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies