Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 07:56 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times

Advertisements

CBS K-EYE Medical Watch with Seema Mathur quotes from the Journal of Pediatrics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pRRHoXGtNQ

Doubtless peer reviewed.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:05 PM
mm4

_"Chronic fluoride toxicity decreases the number of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in rat brain."_

"In order to investigate the molecular mechanism(s) underlying brain dysfunction caused by chronic fluorosis, neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) in the brain of rats receiving either 30 or 100 ppm fluoride in their drinking water for 7 months were analyzed in the present study employing ligand binding and Western blotting. There was a significant reduction in the number of [3H]epibatidine binding sites in the brain of rats exposed 100 ppm of fluoride, but no alteration after exposed to 30 ppm. On the other hand, the number of [125I]alpha-BTX binding sites was significantly decreased in the brains of rats exposed to both levels of fluoride. " [MOD CUT/copyright ]

Chronic fluoride toxicity decreases the number of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in rat brain. - PubMed - NCBI

And remember it's not just in your water glass, but maybe also in your soda, your bread, your boiled pasta, your shower (and lungs and absorbed through skin), the pesticide on your crops.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-10-2015 at 04:55 PM..

Old 04-09-2015, 08:08 PM
mm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Sodium ion is present in the blood and is essential for life.

Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University

Sodium chloride is table salt.

Sodium chloride - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One would not want to touch sodium metal, but he can consume sodium chloride safely - within limits. Too much can kill.

How about the chloride, also essential for humans? Mix some household cleaners and chloride ions can form chlorine gas. Nasty stuff, that.

http://www.state.nj.us/health/eoh/cehsweb/bleach_fs.pdf

Therefore, the exact chemical form of the substance under consideration makes a heap of difference.
And that was contested--or even initiated for conversation--where in this thread before yours?

Find a fluoride receptor in a human.

Last edited by mm4; 04-09-2015 at 08:19 PM..

Old 04-09-2015, 08:14 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
And that was contested--or even initiated for conversation--where in this thread before yours?

Well, what do you expect aluminum producers to do with all the fluoride waste, dump it in the ocean?

There are laws against that.

Better to feed it to humans. They won't excrete it into the waterways, they accumulate it.

The safest and most profitable place to dispose of this toxin is in humans.

Makes them less uppity, too.

They'll be too "calm" to protest being poisoned.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:21 PM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post

Makes them less uppity, too.

They'll be too "calm" to protest being poisoned.
Makes them stupid, too.

Perfect, for a Republic transitioning to an Autocracy.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:44 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Good for you on surviving. Hundreds of thousands of people died of mumps and measles every year before vaccinations. Sure you lived, but you stood a solid chance of not surviving too.

As for chicken pox, you do realize that a whole lot of folks will get shingles this year. Before there was a vaccine, we all just got chicken pox, hopefully as kids. The chicken pox virus never leaves us. It lives in your nerve cells for the rest of your life and sometimes that nasty little virus will flare up and give you shingles:

About one in four people who had chicken pox will someday have shingles. A vaccine for chicken pox means my children may never have to deal with shingles.

Why do you think you're so much smarter than medical doctors?
My father in law suffered from shingles when he was in his late 70's to early 80's. It was debilitating for him.

My mother in law lived through the polio epidemic (among others) in Europe in the 30's and 40's. She remembers the kids that basically 'disappeared' due to isolation or quarantine.

It's weird that there are people that really don't care to recall from recent history the devastating impacts some of these ailments caused. It's really frightening, actually. Arguing to the contrary of beneficial vaccines while standing on a loose foundation of 'evidence', not repeated elsewhere in the medical community, fueled by anecdotal stories.

For those that wish to prescribe to this school of thought or belief- please keep your children in a community for the 'unaware' so the rest of us don't have to suffer the consequences of your ill-conceived beliefs.

Old 04-09-2015, 10:51 PM

37,106 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Exactly. It's not the same as the fluoride naturally found in water and it's not healthy.
A fluoride ion is a fluoride ion. It's exactly the same whether it came from water in the ground or was added in a water treatment plant.

Quote:
Really Suzy? The money that funded the study came from the corporation that makes the drug. That shows a conflict of interest and one that people should take into consideration when looking at the study.
Such disclosures decrease the likelihood that bias will affect the results of the study. They should indeed be considered, but the mere presence of a disclosure should not be reason to assume the work is actually biased. Most scientists, when they read a study, will evaluate the methods used, how many participants there were (and how many institutions recruited them), the statistical analyses, and whether the study has been replicated. Few doctors will change their practices based on a single study.

In fact, the best way for a researcher to get into trouble is to not disclose potential conflicts. Say, like Wakefield, who did not disclose that he was working on a competing measles vaccine or that he had accepted money from lawyers to prove that vaccines cause autism.

Wakefield was discredited because his "study" was small and larger studies failed to show what he claimed his work did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I have been around a LONG TIME. Excuse me? Why weren't the old people I grew up around, born from 1876 to 1920, screaming with excruciating shingles????? They did not HAVE IT because they weren't bombarding their bodies with so many chemicals back then.

Edit: This post was meant to Suzy Q
Just because you did not know about them does not mean people with shingles did not exist.

https://virus.stanford.edu/herpes/History.html

"Varicella-Zoster Virus (VZV) also has a long recorded history. However, historical accounts often fail to distinguish between the poc marks caused by VZV and those caused by small pox. It was only in the late eighteenth century that Heberden established a way to clinically differentiate between the two diseases. In 1888, it was suggested by von Bokay that chickenpox and herpes zoster were due to the same causal agent. It was not until Weller and Stoddard isolated virus both from chickenpox and zoster and compared the viruses that this connection was confirmed: chickenpox and herpes zoster were indeed due to the same virus!"

A 1990 mouse study? Really?

Quote:
Really? That is your proof?
You asked where the information came from.

Quote:
Not to mention iodized salt and folic acid. But you won't.
Both iodine and folic acid are important, but the fact is that fluoridation is not decreasing the average IQ of Americans.

Quote:
CBS K-EYE Medical Watch with Seema Mathur quotes from the Journal of Pediatrics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pRRHoXGtNQ

Doubtless peer reviewed.
The video does not seem to say what Journal of Pediatrics article is being quoted. Do you have a link to the article?

Quote:

I am sorry my little chemistry lesson flew over your head. To make it simpler: sodium fluoride is not the same as fluoride ions in water treated with sodium fluoride. Do not ingest straight sodium fluoride salt. It's not good for you. Fluoridated water, in which the concentration of fluoride is optimized, is fine.

Fluoride receptor? No. It is not an essential nutrient, though in optimum doses it helps make healthier teeth.

Find a sodium receptor in a human.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:13 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
No he wasn't and if you get your "facts" from Natural News you're a sucker waiting to be taken in. One more time for the peanut gallery: JUNK SCIENCE. Wakefield was paid to falsify data. It failed every attempt at peer review. IT"S NONSENSE. There is no connection between MMR and Autism.

Jumping Baby Jesus on a pogostick.
I liked this......lol.

I wonder why I don't have autism as I have been thoroughly vaccinated. I do have a grandson with Asperger's but it was there before he started being vaccinated.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:34 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,626,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
Really well show me where vaccines have been tested then please. I follow ALL of this....I follow the states trying to take away medical freedom from parents I follow changes in laws and vaccine schedules I follow it ALL! I also follow the children killed by vaccines.
White Wolf, I wonder how you would feel if your child got polio and became completely paralyzed ? Some had to live in iron lungs, before a vaccine was developed.....? What about young children who often died of diphtheria, a hard death, before the vaccines ?

So many new people are coming into the country and bringing diseases we thought we had conquered. I hope your children fare okay. I truly do.

Old 04-10-2015, 01:52 AM
mm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
I liked this......lol.

I wonder why I don't have autism as I have been thoroughly vaccinated. I do have a grandson with Asperger's but it was there before he started being vaccinated.
Because everyone isn't affected the same way by adjuvent and other invasive systemic insults. Personal genetics, schedules, combinations. You don't share a lot of things in common with others. Some people have asthma. Or peanut allergies, or PKU. Do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies