Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 02:17 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
One doctor(?) out of how many say it causes autism?

I go with the majority.
Dr Andrew Wakefield, the man who started it all, lost his medical license over this whole mess.

Quote:
Other researchers were unable to reproduce Wakefield's findings or confirm his hypothesis of an association between the MMR vaccine and autism, or autism and gastrointestinal disease. A 2004 investigation by Sunday Times reporter Brian Deer identified undisclosed financial conflicts of interest on Wakefield's part, and most of his co-authors then withdrew their support for the study's interpretations. The British General Medical Council (GMC) conducted an inquiry into allegations of misconduct against Wakefield and two former colleagues. The investigation centred on Deer's numerous findings, including that children with autism were subjected to unnecessary invasive medical procedures, such as colonoscopy and lumbar puncture, and that Wakefield acted without the required ethical approval from an institutional review board.

Wakefield was struck off the UK medical register, with a statement identifying deliberate falsification in the research published in The Lancet, and is barred from practising medicine in the UK.

Wakefield has continued to defend his research and conclusions, saying there was no fraud, hoax or profit motive. As recently as February 2015, he publicly repeated his denials and refused to back down from his assertions, despite the fact—as stated by a British Administrative Court Justice in a related decision—that "there is now no respectable body of opinion which supports [Dr. Wakefield's] hypothesis, that MMR vaccine and autism/enterocolitis are causally linked."
Andrew Wakefield - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anti-vaxxers have the word of a liar who lost his medical license for fraud against the entire world's professional medical community. I'm sure that one or two docs are willing to sell their soul just so they can have their 15 minutes of fame. If there were any link between vaccines and autism, somebody would have successfully reproduced Wakefield's findings in the last 17 years. Many, many, many have tried and failed.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
History of Science illustrates that it's the outliers and dissidents who are eventually proven more accurate.
Underlying issue with your statement. There is no proof.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:19 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Again, I recommend you try the hammer experiment.

The history of science indicates that SCIENTISTS are eventually proven more accurate.

You know, people that do REAL science? Not just...make stuff up.
You mean real scientists and not progressive leftist ones?

Old 04-08-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Ah now your blaming lack of efficacy of vaccines--and not antibiotics--on people not taking them?

Bold.
Not bold. Obvious. I've never needed antibiotics in order to combat polio, measles, mumps or rubella because I never got them. My vaccinations worked. So do the vast, vast, vast majority of folks out there. But an anti-vaxxer's kid gets sick and is around vaccinated folks with great regularity. The poor kid gets measles let's say. The disease then does what diseases do: Mutates so it can spread and survive.

This isn't my theory. This is actually happening. But hey, if your kid infects ten others with a mutated form of measles, blaming it on antibiotics instead of your own stupid conspiracy theory decision will shield you from guilt when people die.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:25 PM
mm4

Quote:
No. factual.
That's exactly what godofthunder9010 just did.

Quote:
Vaccines are not 100% effective.
Really.

Quote:
I recommend you Google the term "herd immunity"
1. Many of your drugs leave destructive iotrogenic effects.
2. Many of your drugs don't work according to promotion.
3. I'm not in your herd.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The "majority" is usually wrong.

Science has proven that time and time again.

The consensus is more often than not, absensical.

It is much easier to control a group, with all its members feeding on itself, than to control an individual.
The majority of people out there in the world firmly believe that water is wet. Clearly they are mistaken because the majority is always wrong about stuff.

If you're going to make ridiculous statements like this, at least have something to back it up with.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:29 PM
mm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The Flat Earth Society
They must not be Christians.

"He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in." -Isaiah 40:22

Old 04-08-2015, 02:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Never heard of that scientist and researcher.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:33 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
You mean real scientists and not progressive leftist ones?
I know this may shock you, but even right wing scientists too.

I already feel dumber having an argument about vaccines, and autism. 17 years ago there was some valid reason to suspect it, but now its been proven over and over and over to have been a made up fantasy for money.

"I hit my self in the hammer, and it hurt, but by god hitting oneself in the face with a hammer is GOOD! Cause one guy 17 years ago said it was, and everyone disagreed."

Old 04-08-2015, 02:36 PM

232 posts, read 237,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Several years after Dr. Wakefield's study was forcibly retracted from The Lancet on orders from the UK government, Dr. William Thompson co-authored a study that basically maintains that MMR is safe and effective for children.

But last fall, Dr. Thompson came forward as a whistleblower that a study in Atlanta," had been manipulated and altered to create the illusion that the MMR shot is safe and doesn't cause adverse effects.

Based on the information, MMR isn't actually safe, and it does cause autism.
I know he was correct I also have his book I intend to read. I did NOT base our decision to not vaccinate on his research though,we did it based off months and months of research and talking to different doctors etc. Our kids are healthy other than the common cold every once in a while. They use scare tactics etc and its just funny to us when they claim our newborn could get and STD at 3 hours old...LOL....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies