Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 10:33 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSS View Post
Me either. I worked in a school that was 90% low income. There were plenty of good families with both parents working that were still on food stamps. They kept their kids out of trouble and volunteered as much as they could at the school. For some jerks to look down on them as irresponsible losers makes my blood boil.
Romney wasn't interested in being president for the working poor or the elderly or the disabled who make up that 47%. He believes he earned his millions all by himself, and that everyone else can, too, and if they don't they are slouches. Being born with a silver spoon in his mouth and having doors opened to him everywhere he went due to his name and his wealth, he has no concept of what it's like to struggle to survive in the real world. He's never had to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 10:40 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Where is it that Reid admitted it was a lie? I doubt that as I am sure Harry could find someone to speculate that Romney had not paid.

I am not sure what the noise is all about. Reid got the four Pinocchios he richly deserved for the comments. And Romney made a strategic decision not to put the issue to bed.

Reid was very vulnerable in 2010. And the Republican responded by nominating a mad woman to oppose him. Perhaps Reid is best described as the Republicans' selection? Why complain after electing him?

Simple google search take your choice of which link

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...=1&safe=active

Old 04-02-2015, 10:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yeah, because only the liberals play to win. It's called politics. That you claim the high ground for the right is laughable. At least be honest enough to admit that this is the attitude on both sides of the aisle.

Except no one has yet proven it's a lie. Romney could, but for some strange reason, he won't.
Four Pinocchios, ... Reid lied but see, like a useful idiot you'll continue to doubt. <ROLL EYES>

Politics is disgusting. It doesn't matter what is good for the country, just how many useful idiots you can get to vote for you

Old 04-02-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Romney wasn't interested in being president for the working poor or the elderly or the disabled who make up that 47%. He believes he earned his millions all by himself, and that everyone else can, too, and if they don't they are slouches. Being born with a silver spoon in his mouth and having doors opened to him everywhere he went due to his name and his wealth, he has no concept of what it's like to struggle to survive in the real world. He's never had to do it.
And now the 47% got Obama. And now you're doing "oh so well".

Old 04-02-2015, 10:54 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
The media takes full blame for charaters like Reid and Obama lying thru their teeth. The media's role in a free society is the shine bright light on the government to keep them honest. Otherwise they are a propaganda machine in the best tradition of TASS.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Simple google search take your choice of which link

Harry reid admitting he lied about romney - Google Search
Reading comprehension is not a right wing attribute.

Checked the first five. None cite an admission by Reid that he lied. Reid does justify the remark but that is a different subject.

Again 4 Pinocchios and a "Pants on fire" would seem sufficient to put the matter to bed.

The Ralston matter is a little different but more with respect to Greenspan rather than Reid.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Reading comprehension is not a right wing attribute.

Checked the first five. None cite an admission by Reid that he lied. Reid does justify the remark but that is a different subject.

Again 4 Pinocchios and a "Pants on fire" would seem sufficient to put the matter to bed.

The Ralston matter is a little different but more with respect to Greenspan rather than Reid.
Reid's reason for calling attention to Romney's taxes was to then jump on his wealth and releasing them would have given the left talking points to attack the rich and success. Talking points are not truth, they are spins and propaganda.

In Obama's world, failure is a good thing because it keeps him in power.

Last edited by petch751; 04-02-2015 at 11:25 AM..

Old 04-02-2015, 11:21 AM

5,576 posts, read 7,995,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Reid defamed Romney:

"He didn't pay taxes for 10 years!" Reid said. "Now, do I know that that's true? Well, I'm not certain, but obviously he can't release those tax returns. How would it look?"
A few days after the HuffPo interview, Reid made the same charge on the Senate floor, this time claiming as fact that Romney paid no taxes." When Harry Reid knew it was a lie.
Which is why I've said since Ben Carson made those comments that he should focus his attention on Harry Reid instead of Barack Obama if he's searching for pathological tendencies...

Old 04-02-2015, 11:27 AM

Of course asking Lerner to release emails was a problem for the left, so is asking Hillary to release emails. Both information while working in government positions. Those emails somehow get lost or deleted.

We don't hear much about Sharpton and taxes, he's on liberal media. Why, because it doesn't benefit the left.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:47 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Reid defamed Romney:

"He didn't pay taxes for 10 years!" Reid said. "Now, do I know that that's true? Well, I'm not certain, but obviously he can't release those tax returns. How would it look?"
A few days after the HuffPo interview, Reid made the same charge on the Senate floor, this time claiming as fact that Romney paid no taxes." When Harry Reid knew it was a lie.

What should be the consequences, if any, for this lie?
Absolutely none, I have always been all in for Obama and I love it when politicians outright lie to me!

As long as democrats continue to win elections I don't care what happens to the country, our people or our liberty! Go democrats, go! Go get them repukes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies